• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HALO 2

• Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
Not a big fan of shoot 'em ups like Halo, but it's bound to be graphically sound and a very good game I imagine.

I won't be buying it though.

I enjoyed the first one but it was very over rated. Not expecting much more from this one.

this ones overrated like hell....but ive seen a preview of it and it looks like its gonna its gonna live and surpass expectations....not a fan of shoot em ups either..
but one of my favorite games of all time is golden-eye on n64

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Jun 25 2004, 01:00 PM
Have to confess that I enjoyed that one myself.

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC+Jun 25 2004, 01:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St_Helens_RLFC @ Jun 25 2004, 01:02 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101
@Jun 25 2004, 01:00 PM

Have to confess that I enjoyed that one myself. [/b]
There are few who would deny it.
Top Game

im not really a fan of sci fi games so im not too excited about it.
i like games like Operation Desert Storm and Socom Navy Seals.
more realistic.

I've never had more fun with a game then Golden Eye. Perfect Dark was nearly as good also.

Hate halo and all other alien/sci-fi shoot em up games. Golden Eye is a classic though.

Wot do u mean overrated??

It is the best first person shooter game ever made (so far!!)

I can see none of you have played it multiplayer then!!

& its awsome online for the pc!!

Halo 2 pics New Pictures of Halo 2. The Master Chief looks good in white!!
<

Originally posted by gjohn85@Jun 26 2004, 03:32 AM

Well probably not... As I'm sure you've noticed this is a "rugby" forum and the only games most of us are really interested in playing multiplayer involve sport.
Personally I've never gotten a kick out of playing shoot em up games with mates... I consider scoring a try against my mate more fun than shooting him, but thats just me.

Originally posted by sanzar+Jul 2 2004, 11:03 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jul 2 2004, 11:03 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-gjohn85
@Jun 26 2004, 03:32 AM

Well probably not... As I'm sure you've noticed this is a "rugby" forum and the only games most of us are really interested in playing multiplayer involve sport.
Personally I've never gotten a kick out of playing shoot em up games with mates... I consider scoring a try against my mate more fun than shooting him, but thats just me. [/b]
thats me too....but theres a lack of quality rugby games out there....
<

well except for jonah
<

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Jul 2 2004, 12:47 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (THE CHIROPRACTOR101 @ Jul 2 2004, 12:47 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Jul 2 2004, 11:03 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-gjohn85

Personally I've never gotten a kick out of playing shoot em up games with mates... I consider scoring a try against my mate more fun than shooting him, but thats just me.
<

well except for jonah
<
[/b]
me too. Nothing beats a good game of NBA Street2 or SSX Tricky

Originally posted by Serge+Jul 2 2004, 01:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Jul 2 2004, 01:00 PM)</div>
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Jul 2 2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by sanzar@Jul 2 2004, 11:03 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-gjohn85

<

well except for jonah
<
me too. Nothing beats a good game of NBA Street2 or SSX Tricky [/b]
Not me, I loved shoot em ups since Goldeneye and Unreal Tounament in the '90's and Doom in the early '90's.

Graphics are overated. You just need to look at it. Similar type environments with limited rounding as there were too many sharp edges and corners. A bit unrealistic.

Framerate is slow. Just look at the smoothness of Timesplitters to see the difference. What a waste of XBox power.

No variety in multiplayer deathmatch stuff and we all looked like different coloured Master Chiefs. Very cheap.

Limited types of Aliens to fight. The universe must be bigger, get a better story line than just going through similar environments shooting the same old carry on.

No quick movements. This is ESSENTIAL to a good shoot em up. No quick pop out of the head from behind the corner. Makes you look amateurish as a fighter, very sluggish.

Good Things:
Good weapon limit system for strategising your choice. Quite realistic. Good fire and grenade throwing system, grenade does open up a whole new dimension to shoot em ups. Good use of vehicles and Alien ships.

I hope Halo 2 actually is a huge advance on this overated game or I might laugh at all the people getting ripped off by hype. Though if you didn't know any better you wouldn't know it was a cheap game.

I agree that this game is overrated. But you know what, whether it's Halo or some other game, you always find someone who can give the game praise beyond what it deserves. I'm not saying these games suck, but they definitely lack creativity after a while. Strategy games like Age of Empires and Warcraft or Starcraft are basically the same: collect resources to build a massive army and screw everybody over. First person shooters are a little bit more creative, but even that's running out of interesting objectives. Call of duty, Unreal Tournament and Counterstrike get my vote for being the best on PC and Halo and Goldeneye for other consoles. But again, change weapons and get even bigger ones to shoot even bigger opponents. That gets boring, no matter what you do or who you play against, but less boring less quickly then startegy. RPGs are fun normally, but they can either be so easy that you beat it in a day, or they get impossibly hard at one level and you just give up. The only games that don't get boring I'd say are sports games. The sports world keeps on changing and there are so many different sports out there to play that it's ver hard to get bored of them.

rpgs are massive fun...take up alot of time tho but yeah sports game are the best but too bad not thatmany quality football games(excluding soccer sims and madden)

I'd have to say the best sports games I've played are anything from the FIFA series and Madden NFL. The real thing might be utter **** but the game is pretty fun.

Yeah sports games are cool and always update as the sport in real life does too. Maybe the next generation will be online (or multi x multi-link) sports game where you play as ONE player in a team with others....no changing to another player. Mind you, it would have to be well thought out as evrybody wants a piece of the action all the time.

Latest posts