• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HALO 2

• Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
Hey, I just remembered that new Gridiron game where you look through the helmet. Imagine wearing a virtual reality helmet with your XBox and playing online with 29 other guys in a virtual rugby match. WOW! Players would be coming out of retirement to play. A virtual world cup. Special training to increase your stats and ability. Perhaps all is not coming to an end after all for gaming.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Jul 25 2004, 04:56 PM
Hey, I just remembered that new Gridiron game where you look through the helmet. Imagine wearing a virtual reality helmet with your XBox and playing online with 29 other guys in a virtual rugby match. WOW! Players would be coming out of retirement to play. A virtual world cup. Special training to increase your stats and ability. Perhaps all is not coming to an end after all for gaming.
sounds really cool.

2 more days before Halo 2 comes out.

For me the real selling of the game is whether they have a peep around corners system.

Not really into sci-fi type shooters. Much prefer realism, like Call Of Duty. Awesome game that one.

No offence to all those people who think this will the greatest thing ever and all that, but I seriously doubt if Halo 2 will be able to stack up with Doom 3... While essentially a conservative game D3 has better graphics than any other game and it is quite successful in scaring the **** out of you.

I agree. Except Doom 3 is a PC game isn't it?
No console FPS can rate against a good FPS on PC.
I'd sooner by CoD, Far Cry, Half Life 2, Doom 3 etc.

But I can't wait for Halo 2 nonetheless.

timesplitters is pretty kool on the ps2 got sum real fun game modes, anyone played it?

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Nov 7 2004, 08:20 PM
I agree. Except Doom 3 is a PC game isn't it?
No console FPS can rate against a good FPS on PC.
I'd sooner by CoD, Far Cry, Half Life 2, Doom 3 etc.

But I can't wait for Halo 2 nonetheless.
The PC does rule the FPS world, and rightly so.

CoD rocks, and I can't wait to get hold of HL2 just to see the physics engine in action.

Originally posted by neh@Nov 7 2004, 10:02 PM
timesplitters is pretty kool on the ps2 got sum real fun game modes, anyone played it?
I don't rate Timesplitters. It's not bad for a console FPS, but it's still lacking.

Anyone played Halo 2 yet? My mate bought it the launch but said he was thoroughly dissapointed with it... Apparently the story is absolutely **** house and there isn't that much improvement over the original in the gameplay... I was thinking of getting this, but I've recently also picked up Chronicals of Riddick and my mate reckons thats actually better!
Whats the verdict from you blokes?

Halo was preety overated (it only had 10 story missions and you and a mate could beat legendary mode in about 1/2 an hour)

had ok multiplayer, but got a bit boring.

Its a shame that noone really got into Jet Set Radio, I found that quite a good game

JSRF? Are you ******** me Ripper?

Nah I haven't got Halo 2 yet. Need money. I might just hire it first though from the sounds of things.

From what ive seen its more of the same, hopefully we get too see more of the Flood... and those Lightsaber dudes you saw in the back half of the campaign on the first Halo

I don't think i'll be getting this by the sounds of things... My mate said he'll lend me his in a week or so if the game has still yet to interest him, but he said he's already bored with it... Personally I wasn't really that into the first HALO, but I've never been a big fan of FPS's, and while I thought it was ok if I'm not already interested in the subjext matter and story I usually can't be bothered... Thats why I actually preferred Metroid Prime on the GC, 1. because I used to love the old Metroid games on the old nintendo systems and 2. because Metroid Prime was very different from any other FPS...

Latest posts