• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Halo: Reach

Saints1

Straight Edge
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
St Helens
Out September 14th, might as well get the thread going now.

It's no ODST, this is a proper game. The multiplayer beta was great, but the single player sounds like it's going to be revolutionary as well.

Counting the days to this one - not very often that I do that these days.

Out September 14th, might as well get the thread going now.

It's no ODST, this is a proper game. The multiplayer beta was great, but the single player sounds like it's going to be revolutionary as well.

Counting the days to this one - not very often that I do that these days.

Sounds amazing from what I have seen. Shame the brother is taking the 360 up to Salford Uni with him in the 1st week of Sept.

Means I'm gonna have to shell out for one but at the moment I can't afford one. Grrrs

I'm considering picking this up, heard a LOT of good stuff
I've never really been a big fan of the Halo franchise, i really liked the first one, but didn't really like the others (well, wasn't impressed, rather than didn't like), felt they were very samey.

Sounds amazing from what I have seen. Shame the brother is taking the 360 up to Salford Uni with him in the 1st week of Sept.

Means I'm gonna have to shell out for one but at the moment I can't afford one. Grrrs
With the new 360 coming out soon (now?) there'll be loads of offers on for the older ones, the arcade is pretty cheap atm so will only get cheaper,
eBay will have an abundance of them as well, I reckon

You can get the new 360 for £75 if you trade in your old 120GB Elite. I'll be having some of that - the warranty on mine is almost due to expire.

New 360? Did I miss something important?
Possibly:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=New+xbox+360&l=1 :p

I like the look of the new one, but I won't get one (unless my 360 dies) - I just bought a wifi adaptor for it around Easter time, and with you now being able to use USB drives as memory i don't need a massive hardrive. I've also got no interest in Kinnect, whatsoever

Possibly:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=New+xbox+360&l=1 :p

I like the look of the new one, but I won't get one (unless my 360 dies) - I just bought a wifi adaptor for it around Easter time, and with you now being able to use USB drives as memory i don't need a massive hardrive. I've also got no interest in Kinnect, whatsoever

How impersonal!

Are the graphics the same? I'm perfectly happy with my current xbox and this wifi jazz really doesn't interest me, nor does their stupid motion detector thingy. I already have my external hard drive plugged in for memory so unless there's some big change I won't be buying.

As far as I'm aware there's no real difference, other than the things i mentioned above abd that it's a quieter and has two extra USB ports.
I've just seen that Kinnect works on the older 360s as well, anyhow

I'll sell my wireless adapater, there's £50 back right away!

The trailer for this game is sick. I cannot wait for it! I'm one of the few that actually loved Halo for the single player experience. I got over the kids online really fast, and just never bothered again.

Ok i watch this new trailer but I think there are no more difference between its last version and did you know that it has blue ray support or not.

Blue ray is Sony exclusive, so it won't be in the new Xbox.

Besides, Blue-ray is already obsolete as $ony are already ready to pluck the money away from all the mugs who've spent their hard earned on the 'latest' kit. A new terabite disk, no less.

Blu-Ray is not obsolete. Nor will it be in the near future. It's got nothing to do with Sony, but rather with the fact that society is slowly but surely starting to migrate to Blu-Ray capable systems. If the market gets bombarded with yet another 'this is how it's meant to be seen' product, consumers will be ******. People don't care enough to actually want the latest and the greatest when they can enjoy what they have now. We had a whole seminar on the subject, as it hits our industry quite hard.

I like the Blu Ray player. Watching DVD's on a big LCD is horrible. Looks like a block show.

What is the difference between Blu-Ray and HD. I tjought Blu-Ray was Sony's version on HD.

Blu Ray is HD. HD (High definition) Is media that is played/recorded/run at resolutions that allow far more picture definition thanks to it being displayed on far more pixels (Higher resolution). DVD is standard definition, meaning the media is compressed to fit on a 4.3GB disc. Because this compression means that the image is running at a lower resolution, when it is displayed on a TV that is HD capable, the image seems far worse because it's being displayed on far more pixels (a higher resolution) than it's meant to.

HD is something that I cannot distinguish from normal D. I just cant

Love the Halo series, the lag is just to bad to play multiplayer effectively where I am.

Need to get my Xbox fixed in time for Sep 14 then