• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hands in the ruck trick

A

abes58

It seems that the trick of holding the hands on the ball in the ruck button (R analog stick on xbox) doesn't work for me on xbox.

Has anyone had any success with this tactic on xbox?

Originally posted by thecripplernz@Apr 15 2005, 06:43 PM
i havent had any success, i blame canada
I blame Canada and I live here
<

Anyone else had any luck? I've tried it quite a bit with no luck... maybe just a PS2 thing.

Originally posted by abes58+Apr 16 2005, 11:53 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (abes58 @ Apr 16 2005, 11:53 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-thecripplernz
@Apr 15 2005, 06:43 PM
<

Anyone else had any luck? I've tried it quite a bit with no luck... maybe just a PS2 thing. [/b]
And so another debate ends with me on the right side of the ledger...

sorry Locksley....

but PS2 + cables + ability to introduce r3 to game and improve the realism dramatically versus XBox....= not even a contest now.

Originally posted by Los Lover+Apr 15 2005, 07:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Apr 15 2005, 07:53 PM)</div>
Originally posted by abes58@Apr 16 2005, 11:53 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-thecripplernz
@Apr 15 2005, 06:43 PM

<

Anyone else had any luck? I've tried it quite a bit with no luck... maybe just a PS2 thing.
And so another debate ends with me on the right side of the ledger...

sorry Locksley....

but PS2 + cables + ability to introduce r3 to game and improve the realism dramatically versus XBox....= not even a contest now. [/b]
That may be a bit premature Los... perhaps there are people who have had success doing this with xbox.

It is altogether possible and well within the real of possibility that I may simply be inept...

Damn I hate it when my ex-gf is right!

Originally posted by thecripplernz@Apr 16 2005, 03:37 PM
Los Lover shut ur mouth
wow! that's really constructive cripplednzer....

nice one.

Abes58 - you may indeed be right - I was being tongue in cheek for the most part.

cripplednzer didn't spot this - but that is unsurprising....the truth hurts.

It works for me!

Just keep hold of the RIGHT anolouge stick, as in push it down.

i've been penalised every time i try. i've stopped trying, better to just hang back and crush the flyhalf to win the ball back.

Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@Apr 16 2005, 04:32 AM
It works for me!

Just keep hold of the RIGHT anolouge stick, as in push it down.
Do you push it down before you get tackled? If so how soon...when do you let it go. I tried to keep holding on but then I get penalized for killing the ball.

Occasionally just tapping it as soo as I get tackled will give me the ball, but that's only if the player I'm controlling has an amazing rucking stat and special skill of ball winner

I hold it for about a second or 2, then as I get taken down, I hold it till my scrum-half arrives, then let go.

I've done it plenty of times, on X-Box and Los Lover has been banging the whole "inferior machine is actually better" drum since the start.
He is of course wrong, but doesn't realise that the reason why X-Box people don't sit around replying to his posts much about which system is better, is because we are actually spending that time playing the superior version.
It's cause he only owns a PS2, if he only owned a mega-drive he'd be going on that Rugby World Cup 95 has better graphics than R2005.
It's sad that he can't afford an X-Box, but those of us who have both consoles can safely say which version is better.
My friend who owns both consoles bought the PS2 version because the whole shoulder button passing issue annoyed him about the X-Box version. He finally sold me the PS2 version a week ago for $30, so he could get the X-Box version. He hated the layout of the sprint/change player controls and found it easier on the X-Box on top of the better graphics.
He doesn't own component cables and doesn't want them, and just compared straight graphics. No contest there.

So, why did I buy the PS2 version? I wanted to examine all the differences between the two versions and then give it to my nephew for his birthday.

By the way I have component cables and have carefully examined graphic quality difference between PS2 (component) and X-Box (only S-Video) and even on S-Video it is clear by a margin that graphic quality is much better on the X-Box.
If he thinks I've got an agenda against Sony products or whatever other point he may raise, well, I own 8 Sony electronic components, and will get a PSP as soon as they come out in NZ.

Los, I know how stubborn you are on this point, so I'm not trying to change your mind, just let people know that they get an enjoyable game whatever the format.

Yes yes....

I am well aware that xbox has better graphics etc......I can afford - but am waiting for new versions of console - PS3 etc....

What I said was this - PS2 with component cables is better than xbox with out as they are hard tog et hold of for some......

I was only letting the PS2 gamers know that they weren't missing out b/c of the way that some were slightly getting carried away with themselves...etc..
<

Everyone should just love their respective versions and be merry!..and run in the fields.....
<

I only brought it back up as someone said the r3 didn't work and I enjoy it's place in the game - if it works then...bar the controls....and as long as you have cables....then, yes, I am sure that xbox is better version to have....however some hate the way it feels, hate the controller and hate the games selection...so the pro of graphics gets outweighed by the cons that exist....that's all.

<<It's cause he only owns a PS2, if he only owned a mega-drive he'd be going on that Rugby World Cup 95 has better graphics than R2005.>>

Yes, funny!! hehe....

except this proves the gulf of difference you think exist between the same game on the two different consoles and therefore how deluded you actually are....

so well done.

I have played xbox numerous times and choose not to own it.....its games selction does not warrant its purchase...never.....and certainly not with next-gen consoles arriving soon.

I gave rugby world cup about three tries before it got returned in disgust to the store and never purchased.....it was one-dimensional rubbish.

I guess you can love xbox that much if you want too (a love you profess by drawing such a comparison)......but it can't pick up the kids or cook.......and the head will hurt some...

oh well, each to their own.

<

back on topic...

i have had no problem with the hands in the ruck with the xbox version. i am playing on hard in the world league and before i did this i had trouble winning games. now as soon as i get tackled i hold the r3 button, then i chose a set play, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't but thats normally because my players won't get in position in time.

sometimes i lose the ball while i am holding onto the button and if i let go i get penalised, sometimes i don't and i get the ball back or it stays with them. it makes the game more realistic. aslo i have had it when i am holdign the r3 button the computer gets penalised for it, this happend once and i jumped for joy and i was 2 points down not to far from the posts so i went for a kick. little did i know that i hadn't changed my kicker since he got injured after my try so i had a crappy kicker and i didn't get it over (think it was the first full back in default world league guy i can't remember his name)

i couldn't play this game at all without using this button on hard, its made it much more exciting and i do get penalised alot but i also win alot more games now

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Apr 19 2005, 12:02 AM
Only just read your above posts tonight Los, made some good points, thanks.
<
thanks

<

sorry for cheeky joke!

<

Latest posts