• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Has this wc really been the best?

England won their last game with 1 try and their game before that with just penalty kicks but this might be the trend that gets a Rugby World Cup trophy so if they go all the way everyone else should copy.

Englands gameplay might not be the most exciting but it wins games and thats the result most people want.

I would chuckle at 2 tries per game too but they're in the final we're not so I can't bring myself to doing so lol.
[/b]

I've been doing some digging and have found an intriguing stat.

You might chuckle at a poor England side averaging but 2 tries per game in 2007 Six Nations but have a guess at how many tries per game a rampant and dominant All Black side averaged in the 2007 Tri-Nations?

v SA away - 2, v Aus away - 2, v SA home - 3, v Aus home - 1 Total = 8. Average = .... 2

Why is it England are accused of not scoring tries when the evidence shows (with adundant clarity) that in a major tournament they average as many tries per game as the All Blacks?

<div class='quotemain'>
England won their last game with 1 try and their game before that with just penalty kicks but this might be the trend that gets a Rugby World Cup trophy so if they go all the way everyone else should copy.

Englands gameplay might not be the most exciting but it wins games and thats the result most people want.

I would chuckle at 2 tries per game too but they're in the final we're not so I can't bring myself to doing so lol.
[/b]

You might chuckle at a poor England side averaging but 2 tries per game in 2007 Six Nations but have a guess at how many tries per game a rampant and dominant All Black side averaged in the 2007 Tri-Nations?

v SA away - 2, v Aus away - 2, v SA home - 3, v Aus home - 1 Total = 8. Average = .... 2

Why is it England are accused of not scoring tries when the evidence shows (with adundant clarity) that in a major tournament they average as many tries per game as the All Blacks?
[/b][/quote]

You might want to re-check that ive always known it to be 9 tries all up. And i suppose 9 tries would be better then 9 penalties. Did you also notice since 2004 AllBlacks have only lost 4 to 5 games And what i find interesting is that NewZealand and only NewZealand put there stats out to the public :bana:..Why cant everybody follow suit??

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

You might want to re-check that ive always known it to be 9 tries all up. [/b][/quote]

Re-check? By all means, I used two sources before I posted ...

http://www.lassen.co.nz/pickandgo.php?fyea...ZL&tourn=3N

and

http://www.nzrugbyonline.com/results/2007.asp

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

You might want to re-check that ive always known it to be 9 tries all up. And i suppose 9 tries would be better then 9 penalties. Did you also notice since 2004 AllBlacks have only lost 4 to 5 games And what i find interesting is that NewZealand and only NewZealand put there stats out to the public :bana:..Why cant everybody follow suit??
[/b][/quote]

Because whats the point, if you bottle it in the big matc-choke

ps- A quick "lol" at all the jealous Kiwis. Australia, France and most other teams take defeat with grace. (not to mention success)

I don't mean to add much... but for meaty=chewy rugby is concerned... well its England vs. RSA all the way!

Go Southafrica if you win this that'd be 1 way to shut them up Laugh out loud

Still you can hardly complain about 8 trys in the trinations [/b]

We're not. Or at least I'm not. Loads of tries? Awesome, fill your boots, fire up movie maker and get some compilations out there!

The point that Saints Fan Webby was trying to get across many a moon ago is that a game scoring one or two tries is just as exciting and nailbiting as a game that scores ten. Look as Wales vs France in 2005 or Italy vs Wales in 2007 or Ireland vs France in 2006 and 2007. All four very exciting games.

Go Southafrica if you win this that'd be 1 way to shut them up Laugh out loud [/b]

Wrong. Win or Lose we'll still be proud that our players have dig deep and reached this far. You lot on the other hand bigged yourselves up so much, then choked at such an early stage.

Again, you can bleet all you want about pretty rugby, number of tries scored and the size of Dan Carters cock all you want, but you guys crashed out in the QF. We're in the final. We've done better then your mob. You choked at the first real hurdle.

choke-a-duck.jpg

the abs going out early aside I think it has been a good world cup.

I would love for the abs to win more world cups but I would also find it very hard to watch them play if they were almost guaranteed to lose everytime they play between cups

enjoy the world cup success england you have had so far and maybe even more if you win the big one. I'll wait to till the abs play again and hopefully continue their wining ways like they have over the last few years.

Go Southafrica if you win this that'd be 1 way to shut them up Laugh out loud [/b]

"Shut them up"? What are you blithering about? England fans are being totally and utterly realistic about this whole tournament. Yes, we are excited and enthused about it but if our genuine pride & joy at our team irritates you then you've got issues mate.

IF WE ARE TALKING A LITTLE LOUDLY IT'S CAUSE WE'RE ALL SUFFERING FROM TINITUS AFTER LISTENING TO YOU LOT BIG YOURSELVES UP FOR THE PAST 4 YEARS.

a game scoring one or two tries is just as exciting and nailbiting as a game that scores ten. [/b]

My guess is, its personal choice at the end of the day and I'm sure you will find a percentage of people in New Zealand would also find Aeriel ping pong apealing as well so "Yip" i suppose watching paint dry also appeals to you's as well :lol: :lol:

<div class='quotemain'>
a game scoring one or two tries is just as exciting and nailbiting as a game that scores ten. [/b]

My guess is, its personal choice at the end of the day and I'm sure you will find a percentage of people in New Zealand would also find Aeriel ping pong apealing as well so "Yip" i suppose watching paint dry also appeals to you's as well :lol: :lol:
[/b][/quote]

Some wanting to snipe back might respond with: "Well have fun watching paint dry while we watch our side in the Rugby World Cup Final."

But I'm not one of those people, so I won't mention it.

Suprised the old 'arrogant English' comments haven't been rolled out yet. It's usually what happens whenever we show excitement or enthusiasm for anything.

it may have been

i haven't really been paying attention what with all the crying and drinking my sorrows away after the fiji game

what?? england are in the final???

oh well, back to the kleenex and booze..

<div class='quotemain'> Go Southafrica if you win this that'd be 1 way to shut them up Laugh out loud [/b]

Wrong. Win or Lose we'll still be proud that our players have dig deep and reached this far. You lot on the other hand bigged yourselves up so much, then choked at such an early stage.

Again, you can bleet all you want about pretty rugby, number of tries scored and the size of Dan Carters cock all you want, but you guys crashed out in the QF. We're in the final. We've done better then your mob. You choked at the first real hurdle.
choke-a-duck.jpg

[/b][/quote]

It's true, England is in the final and has done better than the AB's in the World Cup. But let's not get too cocky here. I do remember a certain 36-0 loss in pool play when England landed face first at their first real hurdle also.

But, that aside, I can't really comment on Englands play. Because, from an outside supporters perspective, they don't really interest me and I haven't bothered to watch their progress (burying the pain maybe).

Winning tight games from kicking is definitely just as enjoyable as scoring 18millions tries, IF you're watching YOUR team. But, if you have no vested interest in who wins its hard to be entertained without the razzle dazzle. I've instead switched to watching the Air NZ Cup. Where it actually has been refreshing to watch some offloading in the tackle and genuine linebreaks, as opposed to the so called "aerial ping-pong" of the World Cup. The latter form really does seem so foreign to watch as a Kiwi rugby fan! Weird.

It may also be true that it's the winner, not the score, that remains in the memory after the fans have gone and the tournament done. But the real images that stick in my mind from all the previous world cups have been the breathtaking running rugby from Lomu (95) and the French in 99 and the two drop goals from Stransky in 95 and Wilkinson in 03.

Which proves that it doesn't matter how you do it. Rugby can be entertaining and dramatic however you play.

As for English arrogance Webby, I don't think you lads have been too overbearing with your national pride at all. It seems to be more of a 'thank god they haven't got a reason to give us **** anymore'. Which England has rightfully earned from winning when it counts in the face of all predictions.

Looking forward to hosting you lot for a couple of tests in 2008! When was the last time NZ and ENG faced off?

It may also be true that it's the winner, not the score, that remains in the memory after the fans have gone and the tournament done. But the real images that stick in my mind from all the previous world cups have been the breathtaking running rugby from Lomu (95)
Which [/b]

As ive said all along you dont have to win a game to go down in history as shown by JONAH LOMU who has gone down in history from a team that choked not once but twice :cheers:

As for English arrogance Webby, I don't think you lads have been too overbearing with your national pride at all. It seems to be more of a 'thank god they haven't got a reason to give us **** anymore'. Which England has rightfully earned from winning when it counts in the face of all predictions.[/b]

Watch out for chants of "We're sh*t! But we're still world champs!" if England win. :bana:

Latest posts