• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hawke's Bay you beauties!

Hell yeah Auckland got spanked well and truly but everyone knows that they'll make a comeback but gees Hawkes Bay look the goods. I'm a hearty Wellington Lions supporter but after the first round you'd say Hawkes Bay are the favourites to take it.

I've watched this game a few times and I knew Aucks would get a hiding but I never thought it was gonna be an embarrassment this bad. I think Hawkes Bay have the most Super14 players in their team this season so they should do really good especially after the massive season they had last year.

Yeah no AB requirements from HB this year thus far, so full complement of players on board :) Admittedly that was a pretty inexpieranced Auckland outfit, the Lions will be a sterner test imho.

For anyone OS wondering, the Bay hadn't downed Auckland in 32 years prior to Saturday's slaughter ...

I read that Hawkes Bay are the favourites this weekend to take out the Lions. It's going to be a good game. Last time we went up to Napier we got beaten in that close game (6-5 or something?). Hopefully, a big crowd gets out and supports their team.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (William18 @ Aug 5 2009, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I read that Hawkes Bay are the favourites this weekend to take out the Lions. It's going to be a good game. Last time we went up to Napier we got beaten in that close game (6-5 or something?). Hopefully, a big crowd gets out and supports their team.[/b]

They got just over 10k for Auckland so would imagine similar if not larger crowd for the Lions. Yeah last time at Napier it was from memory a one point game. Also memorable for Clint throwing a haymaker and subsequently spending most of the rest of the season on suspension.

Hopefully much better approach from both teams on Saturday with some open running rugger on offer, should be the match of the round imho, either team can take this one as believe the Lions have some AB firepower turning out, Weepu etc.

BTW in Oz else would be at the park cheering on the Hawkeye Guys.

Must publish me predictions here, got about half right last weekend <_<

Hawke's Bay must of partied hard in the showers after that win, it is tradition.

I watched the Hawkes Bay - Wellington game on tv this morning. I was surprised to see that Bay had no main sponsor on the front of their shirts. Then I realised that each player had individual sponsors on the backs of their shirts. How cool is that!

Good work, Wellington. I can't see us not being in that top 4 this season.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (William18 @ Aug 9 2009, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Good work, Wellington. I can't see us not being in that top 4 this season.[/b]

The Lions deserved the win, though the Bay simply went AWOL in the first twenty minutes. Wellington look like they are going to be bloody hard to break down in defense. :bravo:

I admire Hawkes Bay to come from 2nd division and make the step up to 1st division less than what 2-3 seasons ago than make the Semis they're sure to be in the top 4 no doubt about it.

I'm loving watching the Air New Zealand Cup this season it's good Rugby to watch especially with these little tweaks like no t.m.o. I think it's about time because now we can just get on with watching Rugby instead of holding the game up for 2-3 minutes just for the t.m.o to say they're unsure.

go the bay! what ever dale, the reds are the only team that play rugby cause they love showering with each other afterwards. and barnes must be homophobic thats why he is getting out of there, or maybe he is sick of the wooden spoon.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jawmalawm24 @ Aug 11 2009, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I admire Hawkes Bay to come from 2nd division and make the step up to 1st division less than what 2-3 seasons ago than make the Semis they're sure to be in the top 4 no doubt about it.

I'm loving watching the Air New Zealand Cup this season it's good Rugby to watch especially with these little tweaks like no t.m.o. I think it's about time because now we can just get on with watching Rugby instead of holding the game up for 2-3 minutes just for the t.m.o to say they're unsure.[/b]
The other thing that impresses me about Hawkes Bay is that they produce many of their players. They got into a terrible cycle before. They produced these great players but because they were in the second division those players went and played for other provinces like Otago. Thus, they could not be promoted. They really had no chance with the silly promotion/relegation game which they had no chance of winning. Hawkes Bay are my second favourite team because they have found a way to break the juggernaut of the top provinces. Im confident that the structures in the Hawkes Bay are so good that they will be in the top four along with probably Auckland, Canterbury and Wellington in 10 years time.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (K-Pac @ Aug 12 2009, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
go the bay! what ever dale, the reds are the only team that play rugby cause they love showering with each other afterwards. and barnes must be homophobic thats why he is getting out of there, or maybe he is sick of the wooden spoon.[/b]

what about Hawke's Bay continuing the tradition of inviting all male fans and sheep into the showers after a rare win.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (K-Pac @ Aug 12 2009, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
go the bay! what ever dale, the reds are the only team that play rugby cause they love showering with each other afterwards. and barnes must be homophobic thats why he is getting out of there, or maybe he is sick of the wooden spoon.[/b]

Hopefully when Hawkes Bay win some games they might give you some money so you can go to school and learn how to spell.

Or maybe the Reds can watch some tapes of Hawke's Bay's games, and you know, learn how to play... :rolleyes:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (admartian @ Aug 12 2009, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Or maybe the Reds can watch some tapes of Hawke's Bay's games, and you know, learn how to play... :rolleyes:[/b]

Queensland beat Auckland in the super 14 this year, embarasing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Aug 13 2009, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (admartian @ Aug 12 2009, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or maybe the Reds can watch some tapes of Hawke's Bay's games, and you know, learn how to play... :rolleyes:[/b]

Queensland beat Auckland in the super 14 this year, embarasing.
[/b][/quote]
:lol: Way to change the subject. I know the Blues suck. Way to go CAPTAIN OBVIOUS! :rolleyes:

Still doesn't change the fact that Hawke's Bay could probably beat the Reds. Or all of QN rugby for that matter. :p

Latest posts