• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HB Response on Online Gameplay

Can you make the game more responsive? i.e when you press the pass button it actually passes the momment you press the button. Currently you have to press it a few times before anything really happens. : (
Is your controller faulty? Mine passes first press every time :huh:

It really is beggars belief that they left so many bugs (which were reported from Rugby 08) untouched. This game is poor at best and the limited online options are just pathetic for game that commands a £40 price tag. Fortunately I was able to return the game within 3hours and get my money back.

Shame on you HB Studios, absolute disgrace of a game.

I think he means online, my controllers are not faulty, and there is a big delay in when i press buttons online. Doing my head in

Funny that its double standards from some of the 'members' of this forum ... when you consider some of you are just flying over the apparent errors and problems in RC and take every opportunity to slate HB and RWC. I don't like sticking up all the time for HB, but I think there are somethings they are currently allow to say and not to say because of restrictions placed upon them by certain people.

Oh wait ... TRF Staff member must mean HB Fanyboy ... oh te lolz <_<

its not our fault HB made a disgusting game. RC has its glitches..but not as bad as this piece of junk.

I just played 2 matches online...(well 1 and a half). Both games i went in to were 5 bar connections.

The first game i was 12 3 up, coming towards the end of the first half, i kicked to him to restart and the game paused (assuming he paused it) then connection lost. Im guessing he left match.

Second game i played against a french person, completed the whole game i won 17-5. Like i said, great connection going in to the game, but the lag was once again horrible, the buttons have a few nano seconds delay, so when u move analogue for your player to change angle of running, he moves nearly a second after, tackling is an absolute nightmare. Its nearly impossible unless you let the CPU make the tackle.

Every single game i play online is like this, its terrible and really annoying. I enjoy the game so much, and really want to play online, but it is a massive put off when the lag/delay is so bad! There is probably thousands of people online at once for this game, surely there is good connections somewhere.

No not faulty - what I really mean is the time between pressing the button and the ball leaving the hand is too long hence unresponsive - it needs to be almost instantaneous. However, because support runners are so poor in the game - i.e no one really worth passing too once the line is broken - it is kind of a mute point! However it would help in the initial phase down the line.

I have no issues with online apart from the first day, when it was awful. But i'm really enjoying the online gaming. I've had some ding dong games, which have been really fun, and actually quite realistic at times with the try scoring.

Just a tip: Don't kick the ball away into touch unless you know you'll get their lineout. I don't kick to touch now at all unless absolutely desperate, as it's very difficult to win back the ball, and i concede tries at some point usually. Try and run angles as well, diagonals work really well and use all the kicking features.

i get issues every game ive been on here for a good couple of hours now and only ever reached full 80 minutes in 2 games everytime i go to start the game on 5 bar signal message pops up you have lost connection to other player this is getting ridiculous :( help anyone? :)

Last edited:
On the Xbox with wireless dongle. Only played 1 game last night online. When choosing teams it had the full 5 bars but just as we both chose our teams it dropped to 2-3. The game ended up being very laggy with even the kick off taking a few seconds to recognise. I just kept it within touch, and when he had to kick out it went straight out probably because of the delay. Passes was slow, trying to do a long pass was impossible. But I won ENG 10 - 7 SA so all's well. I wanted to hold on to my 100% record so went back to playing SP lol

I have tried to play a number of games online since I got this on Friday but have yet to actually finish one as the connection just drops out every time. It's extremely frustrating and basically it might as well not have the online feature. I know its not my connection because I can play FIFA, F1, Madden etc. online and it's fine. This game certainly isn't worth the £40 price tag and I would adivse anyone who hasn't bought it yet to wait until it drops in price.

Your not alone rezzler1 . I to had the same problems you described. I returned the game to the shop it has no longetivity with out a good online experiance.

Never had a single problem online. Flawless for me.

add me guys if your south england. want better gamers as I'm slightly ahead of the dribble that are seemingly discovering the rules of rugby. Cheers

Rugger4Loife

Latest posts