• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HB STUDIOS Q&A vol. 3

this looks like its going to be a rugby 08 with polished HD graphics. thats sad!!!!!!!!! a new gameplay system would have been nice!!!

After 4 years, bit annoyed that it sounds like rugby 06 is being remade
For ps3 !

Not even manager mode ? So are we meant to play "play now" matches constantly ?

Its a thread to discuss the upcoming game meaning people can say what they choose. To be honest, im pretty sick of mod biting peoples heads off for giving their opinion... big love <3

when they say no manager mode, that doesn't mean there won't be a world league, and I am certain there will be tournament mode. MOAN MOAN MOAN.

well I for one am still optimistic... I just want a new game to play, a new rugby sim... And if it gains traction then they will keep updating it... We need to support it for it to succeed.

To be honest a polished version of Rugby 06 with more tournaments and players (ITM and Currie Cups) would be pretty sweet... Although all these extra features would've been nice i'm just pleased to be getting a new Rugby Game...
Hopefully EA will jump on board with the next release and just throw money at it!!! :D

I dreamed last night that I was browsing the forum when I saw a post from HB releasing a pitch texture picture. I was so excited, but when I clicked to enlarge the picture, it was the texture from rugby 08! I woke up in my own sweat the very next second. I kid you not!

as long as the players are actually like the real peole then all will be good, players skill set, speed ect should be 100% accurate. and also the look of the players. i remember with cory jane was a bald character in rugby 08 but in real life he had dreads, was so random. bring the game out soon, how long does it take to make a game these days.

I believe HB Studios has made a good move on not focusing on manager mode. HBs budget on the game aint huge so shifting their focus on core gameplay is the best solution. Get this right and the modern rules of the game, are key for success on a short budget. Their is no need for a single player Career mode when you can have a " career mode " approach in playing online multiplayer.

I think this sounds great, but as you keep mentioning your focusing on the core of the game, I feel that this was the problem with 08, its to basic, to robotic, 12 needs freedom and flair just like rugby has!

Well, they said they are concentrating on the "core rugby gameplay experience". Now I'm a little bummed because as a passionate gamer whenever "experience" is added to a phrase it usually means that the previous words should not be taken as fact. It's like the fine print people in the gaming industry use as a disclaimer.

example:

"this game sucks, you promised it would focus on core rugby gameplay!!!1!!one!!"
"no,no,no... we promised it to be a core rugby gameplay experience..."

Yeah it's hard to believe that they're really working alot on gameplay... especially when they said that passing would pretty much remain the same as in Rugby 08...

i agree with with you ^^

as much as i want this game to succeed i dont' understand how they are working on a ` core rugby gameplay experience ' yet the passing would still be the same as 08

theres no doubt this game is a first day buy for me but that interview has got me worried.

Yeah another game has been announced - there is a thread in "other gaming" about it on the SIDHE games thread. Keep this thread about Rugby 2012 please.

Totally agree there Dan. Let's keep it locked on Rugby 2012 in here, as I bet you all want it nice and simple. This thread for Rugby 2012 news and the other for the other ***le. Let's not mess that up and keep it all neat and tidy. :)

I dreamed last night that I was browsing the forum when I saw a post from HB releasing a pitch texture picture. I was so excited, but when I clicked to enlarge the picture, it was the texture from rugby 08! I woke up in my own sweat the very next second. I kid you not!

I wish I had nightmares about this instead of being chased by aliens from War of the Worlds!

Latest posts