• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HB STUDIOS Q&A vol. 3

So yes, EA Rugby 08 was a good game, but saying that HB therefore have a "better track record in delivering good rugby games than ... sidhe" is purely a matter of perspective, and from mine in particular is pure hogwash.

As in Sidhe have never done a rugby game.

I hope both games use the same buttons :lol:

:lol: I hear that. After years of playing the WWE Smackdown vs Raw, repackaged video games I tried out TNA iMpact's video game. I gave up within 20 minutes because I couldn't work out the controls.

just on the liscense perspective can both these games liscence the same teams ?

They did with Swordfishs' "Rugby Challenge 06" and "Rugby 06", so they can BUT it depends on what terms are drawn up in liscencing agreements (think EA with all their Gridiron gubbins).

just on the liscense perspective can both these games liscence the same teams ?

It is possible, but it'll depend on the license agreements between the clubs/unions and HB/Sidhe. As an example, EA have exclusive rights to the NFL, but not the NBA.

hey did with Swordfishs' "Rugby Challenge 06" and "Rugby 06", so they can BUT it depends on what terms are drawn up in liscencing agreements (think EA with all their Gridiron gubbins).

ok cause my 1st thought when i saw a new rugby game announced was the dominant liscensing that fifa has compared to pro evo i hope its not going to be the same situation but besides that the gameplay is whats going to win my vote.

Last edited:
:lol: I hear that. After years of playing the WWE Smackdown vs Raw, repackaged video games I tried out TNA iMpact's video game. I gave up within 20 minutes because I couldn't work out the controls.

If the game improves as a result of changed controls, you'll give up after 20 minutes?

If the game improves as a result of changed controls, you'll give up after 20 minutes?
Well, it's more of a case of playing two games at a time. It sucks going back and fourth. It was more light hearted joking, rather than a serious criticism.

That's even more a pain in the arse when you're having a multiplayer party and every tom-dick-and-harry decides they like their controls different.

Fair point, but I don't think it's reason enough to not do it. (I don't think anything is.) USB sticks and profiles can fix that, look at Super Smash Bros Brawl.

That's even more a pain in the arse when you're having a multiplayer party and every tom-dick-and-harry decides they like their controls different.

Not a problem when the game can be played online though.

A wide range of controller options is useful. I like the way FIFA gives you a large choice of what to choose from.

Ok, EA's budget for rugby 08 couldnt get the liscensing for any French/Irish/Scottish/Welsh or Italian club kits/ names in some cases, nor the liscensing for international teams like samoa/tonga or even the french players.... i guess HB studios with its megre budget in comparison is going to have alot less :(

I seriously don't understand why people care so much about licensing. HB should make a good playable game, licensing is the modders problem :)

really, we're all playing MUP, right? :)