• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hec 2005/2006

Originally posted by loratadine@Jan 24 2006, 05:28 PM
and you think perpingan will beat munster at landsdowne becuase.....
Actually I don't, I just typed the wrong team.
<

Theyve both got awesome packs, cud tight to the power of 4. I dont think its that easy to predict.

Munster will always be favourites especially with at least 47000 fans behind them at Lansdowne Rd.

Quarter Final Times have been confirmed

SATURDAY 1 APRIL
12.30 Leicester Tigers v Bath Rugby (Sky Sports / Sport+)
16.00 Toulouse v Leinster (FR2 / RTE / Sky Sports)
17.30 Munster v Perpignan (RTE / Sky Sports / Sport+)

SUNDAY 2 APRIL
18.00 Biarritz Olympique v Sale Sharks (Sport+ / Sky Sports)

Leicester will play their quarter final against Bath at the Walkers Stadium, makes sense allows 8000 more fans to see the match and a good pay day for the club as well.

I am all for Clubs to move stadium for heineken cup games, the french clubs do this in spectacular fashion.

So for the financial gain these clubs make, getting fans in and general coverage. I see the sacrifice made from playing at the 'shack' stadiums as acceptable.

As a sale sharks fan i was all for a trip to the 'city of manchester stadium'. I think man city denied the approach but an away tie deems it useless anyway.

Although if sale beat biarritz, is it possible for sale to get a home semi?

BM

Yeah if Sale get through they've got a home semi final. Plus the City of Manchester Stadium would be available as well, with City away to Villa. Old Trafford would be too big but maybe the Reebok Stadium or the JJB could be an option.

Finally,

HEINEKEN CUP SEMI-FINAL DRAW
Biarritz or Sale v Leicester or Bath
Toulouse or Leinster v Munster or Perpignan 
The City of Manchester Stadium, home to Manchester City, could host a Heineken Cup semi-final.
For that to happen Sale will have to win away at Biarritz Olympique in the quarter-finals; if Biarritz win the semi will be played in San Sebastian.

If Toulouse beat Leinster in the last eight then they will play the second semi-final at Le Stadium, Toulouse.

If Leinster win, the second semi will take place at the soon-to-be-demolished Lansdowne Road in Dublin.

The draw for the semi-finals gave the winners of Biarritz Olympique v Sale Sharks and Toulouse v Leinster "home" semi-finals, with the matches to be played at neutral venues in their home country.

A Sale Sharks victory would see the 47,500 capacity City of Manchester Stadium become the 76th venue to host a Heineken Cup match.

The stadium was built to host the athletics at the 2002 Commonwealth Games before becoming the new home of Manchester City when they left Maine Road.

The first three quarter-finals, on 1 April, see Leicester take on Bath, Toulouse tackle Leinster and Munster face Perpignan, while Biarritz meet Sale the following day.

The Heineken Cup final will be played at the Millennium Stadium on 20 May.
[/b]

So do semi finals have to be played at neutral venues?

As sale have a great chance of filling the place, just biarritz to come.

BM

If the quarter finals took place before the 6N I would actually give Leinster a serious chance of winning but it will be interesting to see how the team comes back together after the 6N.

Apparently Tigers V Bath is set to be a 32,000 sell-out.

Barkley and Stevens could both be back for Bath.

Latest posts