England
Club or Nation
Northampton
Heineken%20Cup.png

Ospreys.png
Versus%20H-Cup.png
Leicester.png

Liberty Stadium - 13/01/13 - 15.00

This should be a cracker. It's very likely that Ashley Beck will miss the game though, and that means starting Isaacs, yay! Tipuric is also hit and miss, but at least they have a good replacement in Sam Lewis, would still be a big blow though.

I'm still going to fancy the Ospreys to win narrowly.

Credit where due. Isaacs actually made a good break to create the try against Zebre, and has done well from the bench in the last couple of matches. Still admittedly he did absolutely nothing for the 2 years before those couple of matches though, and certainly not H Cup level. Apparently Spratt was woeful against Zebre by the way.

He also gave an intercept pass which ultimately led to one of Zebre's try's. He can make some good breaks, but that is usually accompanied by a lot of mediocrity and a couple of blunders. I've only seen quick highlights of the Ospreys v Zebra game so can't fully comment on his performance, but from what was shown he did one good thing and one bad. Against a poor Zebre side (they've been poor all season, especially away from home) he should be doing better. Admittedly, Spratt was probably worse.

I really wish Habberfield was given a better shot.
It is like Wayne/Jonathan Evans. Took ages for the switch to happen but it is proving to be as effective as we hoped.

Cracking game. Ospreys are playing some sublime rugby atm. Fotoali'i, Tipuric and Bevington are playing out of their skins.

I could watch Tipuric's reverse sidestep to avoid Crane(?) to run through that gap all day long.

T'was a wonderful try and fully deserved...had Biggar had a bit of luck it would be 16/19 to nil and that would look a more justifiable score line. However, Leicester are by no means out of this if they can lift their game in the second half as Saracens did yesterday...

Last edited:
Ospreys didn't score enough points during their time in ascendency. Leicester are on top now, and they are getting the point on the board.

Not happy about the previous scrum though. Castro popped up and it's just ignored, that's a penalty to the Ospreys and no try. Not sure why some ref's just ignore the front row popping up.

Feel sorry for Biggar who, apart from four missed kicks had a very good game.

However, it is the H Cup and you need to take your chances.

What a couple of tries that Ospreys scored though.................wonderful! And what a game from the scrum half who's name I would not attempt to spell....is he Welsh born/qualified because he is so far ahead of Phillips on that display?!!

Leicester will be happy and one can only hope that Toulouse turn up in better form than recent history for a great finale to this group.................

Agree...he did not choke and, another day, at least three of them would have gone over..............!

What a couple of tries that Ospreys scored though.................wonderful! And what a game from the scrum half who's name I would not attempt to spell....is he Welsh born/qualified because he is so far ahead of Phillips on that display?!!
Kahn Fotuali'i, current Samoa #9.

I bet the anti-Dan Biggar brigade will be demanding his non-selection for Wales now.

I disagree with some that say he choked, all of the kicks missed were hard but 99 times from 100 at least one of those would have gone over and the Ospreys would have one. Just bad luck that none went over.

What a magic run by Eli Walker by the way.

Hopefully not, he still had a good game, and it isn't often Biggar misses kicks at goal. My only worry is that it is Fotuali'i that controls the game for the 'spreys, but for Wales Biggar will need to be the one in control. Regardless, he's the 10 to start.

Fotuali'i is the best 9 in world rugby at present. I really hope the Ospreys can keep hold of him for next season, but I can imagine a lot of teams will be interested in signing him, so it might depend on how much the Ospreys can offer. He does seem to be enjoying himself though, and with the captaincy he will hopefully stay for a few more years.

Eli Walker is pushing hard for a spot in the Wales squad, if not the starting line-up. Fussell also showed that he should be involved. He's a good bench option to cover the back-three.

James King and Lloyd Peers impressed me once again, especially King. With our lock crisis, they have both put themselves in with a good shout of being involved against Ireland. Gough also had a good game today after my criticism of him yesterday.

I bet the anti-Dan Biggar brigade will be demanding his non-selection for Wales now.

I disagree with some that say he choked, all of the kicks missed were hard but 99 times from 100 at least one of those would have gone over and the Ospreys would have one. Just bad luck that none went over.

What a magic run by Eli Walker by the way.

I count myself as part of the anti Biggar brigade but he should still be considered a certain starter for the 6N, he missed the kicks at goal, which in the long term isnt an issue with Halfpenny about in the Wales team but in general play I thought Biggar went well today, Foutali'i bossed the game but Biggar made some good tactical kicks and distributed well.

That should have been a win for Ospreys, they certainly deserved it more in terms of attacking rugby. Biggar was unlucky with his kicks, 3 times hitting the woodwork, not seen anyone that unlucky in a ling tinations, hme. It sets up an interesting game next week, all to play for for Tigers.Walker has to be called up for Wales this 6 nations, the lad was on fire!

Just watched the game 'as live through' sky sports events centre

Few things:

I didnt much lke the ref, not because he was objectively wrong, but because his interpretation of the breakdown just made number 7's completely pointless. He just didn't want breakdown competition.

Tigers actually looked better than I expected with ball in hand. People can talk about Ospreys deserving to win by the way they played, but equally, Tigers were good with ball in hand, they just didnt have the ball all that much. Defence was strong thoough.

Eli Walker is a great talent- imo the kind of talent who's ready.

That try was the fault of Ben Youngs and it sums up why he shouldn't be a lions contender. His box kicks are too long and give too much time for counter-attack. When he made that kick I was literally thinking to myself that it was going to be a decisive moment. In terms of England, Simpsons kicks are the best. Care's are pretty good. Dicksons fine too. Youngs kicking game is pants

Dan Biggar with no boot is still a better first five than Priestland.
Not great from him, but hopefully that is his dud of the season out (usually occurs at RP).

Bevington has had a very good season alongside Hibbard. Depending on Jenkins' fitness/ability, I could see Bev get more options in the 23.

He is certainly in the top three for Welsh loosehead props.
Absolutely tanked Bees Roux. Bev in the loose is like Gethin way back when.

Latest posts