• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HEC Quarter Finals

<div class='quotemain'>
what an ass wipe!!

showing a complete disregard and disrespect towards the scarlets

shame on you!! shame on you!!

irish c***!!
[/b]
I'm sure that makes them a dead certain to beat Munster. The team I am worrying about is Leicester since they (ABSOLUTELY F***ING PWNED MUNSTER IN THOMOND PARK)have a home game against us when we WILL get to the semi-finals. Llanelli vs Munster at the moment = no contest llanelli wins (Maybe Munster could win in Ireland but if neither team were at home Llanelli would win ;))
[/b][/quote]

There is a fine line between optimism and downright arrogant cockyness. Llanelli are an excellent team, who have been the biggest surprise in the tournament for me, really impressive, showed the beautiful side of the game and the tough churning style game, but why would you write off the current champions as if they had nothing? Heres to hoping Wales bad 6 nations campaign can effect Llanellis form and prove cocky people like you wrong.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
what an ass wipe!!

showing a complete disregard and disrespect towards the scarlets

shame on you!! shame on you!!

irish c***!!
[/b]
I'm sure that makes them a dead certain to beat Munster. The team I am worrying about is Leicester since they (ABSOLUTELY F***ING PWNED MUNSTER IN THOMOND PARK)have a home game against us when we WILL get to the semi-finals. Llanelli vs Munster at the moment = no contest llanelli wins (Maybe Munster could win in Ireland but if neither team were at home Llanelli would win ;))
[/b][/quote]

There is a fine line between optimism and downright arrogant cockyness. Llanelli are an excellent team, who have been the biggest surprise in the tournament for me, really impressive, showed the beautiful side of the game and the tough churning style game, but why would you write off the current champions as if they had nothing? Heres to hoping Wales bad 6 nations campaign can effect Llanellis form and prove cocky people like you wrong.[/b][/quote]
I wouldn't count on it.

Call me an idiot but i dont think we can right the Saints off yet... Biarritz struggled in Northampton and where not amazing on there own turf either and we all know the Saints do better in big games vs big teams. I seriously believe the Saints could make the Semi's this year and who knows what after that... Beating Wasp? Easy! :p

Back to reality
Got to agree the Scarlets could be a real underdog and steal the show this year, But im not writing anyone off just yet

well given that both O'Connell and O'Driscoll will be out there's not much hope for Munster imo.

Funny thing about Munster is there's a lot of attacking talent out wide in the squad, but it's the defensive players who always get in.

Cullen - he's not gone away, you know. He's had several run outs at this stage and is likely to play at 15. Don't be surprised if this is the campaign when he bursts into Europe. Murphy at 13 has been mixed this season, but remember the squiggly running. Mafi is very fast, and there's the possibility that Llanelli will be facing league great Brian Carney on the other wing. Ooo-err.

But replacing POC and O'Driscoll in the second row is a conundrum.

My impression of Llanelli is that they have the wisest heads in Welsh rugby. Stand firm at the breakdown, brickwall the defence, patient when needed. As well as the do-lally passing fever.

It's gonna be good. That's why I'm going to the Leinster match :huh: (Family weekend - brother promised BOD would be there!)

I reckon Munster have it in the bag - think llanelli are a good side, but feel Munster have the experience to bring it through on the big occasions.

Honestly, i think that Leinster will have to do a lot to beat Wasps, but you never know - the great six nations tournament may spur them on - even without BOD - hope we do it anyway seeing as i'll be one of the fans cramped into the stadium!! Pint in Heathrow anyone?

Leicester to beat Stade purely on Home advantage and i think that Mr Howard can rally his tired six nations returnees into a big game. And i bet that Geordan has a huge game - the kind of one he never has for Ireland!!

Biarritz are a shoe-in to beat Northampton - better team, home crowd, Northampton propping up the GP table....
But then there's a certain, unpredictable, brilliant, Mr Spencer, and the ultimate desire to beat the French - which has been solidified for me by the last few weeks!! come on the Saints!! :p

But then there's a certain, unpredictable, brilliant, Mr Spencer[/b]

Anyone who hasn't travelled around watching him play this season would say that.

If the llanelli side manages to whip themselves into a frenzy as well as the welsh did against England then they will win the forwards battle and hence the game. They will have to be on top form though. Munster are hurting from the Leicester game, and don't forget they are the champions and did win at Welford road earlier in the year. I'd place Llanelli as favourites but Munster are the one side that loves to win with the odds against them.

There seems to be a common presumption among welsh posters here that the scarlets are almost dead certs to win this 1/4 final tie. I can sort of understand this optimism considering their form in the group stages but if I may suggest a little caution. Heineken cups aren't decided on form before Xmas- just ask any Leinster fan! All clubs/provinces/regions have had their whole routine completely dismantled since the international squads met up so to rediscover the same form straight away is a big ask. Scarlets are still relative newbies to this stage of the competition when compared to most of the top sides in Europe who regularly reach this stage of preceedings- especially to a side with Munster's experience. I'm not doubting their capabilities but neither should you underestimate a Munster side with something to prove after the Leicester defeat and the irish guys within that team smarting after been pipped to the 6 nations crown. I love all the welshies passion for rugby but 1 thing that keeps popping up on various msg boards that I read is their ability before a game,to put their own team on a pedestel and slate the opposition and afterwards being either ungracious winners or losers(more often losers in recent history). Everyone has some bias towards the team they support but lets just look forward to the resumption of another great rugby tournament and no doubt they'll be some wonderful rugby played and some interesting results thrown up just like the 6 nations! Oh and c'mon Leinster!!!

I was wondering how much the teams have been impacted by the 6N? Stade Français have lost their front row, Parisse and Bergamasco in the back row, both Skréla and Beauxis are out.

In addition of that their usual captain Auradou, lock, has gone through surgery and won't play.

What about the other teams involved in the QF?

Munster have lost O'Driscoll and O'Connell in the second row and Leinster won't have Brian O'Driscoll but bar those 3 I don't think there's any other injuries for the Irish teams. Paris will certainly struggle at Leicester though with that amount of players missing. I think there's going to be an appeal though for Bergamasco so there's a chance he could still play yet.

Scarlets are still relative newbies to this stage of the competition when compared to most of the top sides in Europe who regularly reach this stage of preceedings- especially to a side with Munster's experience.
[/b]

What are you talking about?

Llanelli have consistently been the best Welsh side in the HC. They have been appearing in the latter stages for years.

I hope Munster go to Stradey Park expecting to win, because with an attitude like that they will get turned over. They'll have to grind the Scarlets down in the forwards, if it turns into an open game I firmly believe Llanelli have more out wide than the reigning champions.

I love all the welshies passion for rugby but 1 thing that keeps popping up on various msg boards that I read is their ability before a game,to put their own team on a pedestel and slate the opposition and afterwards being either ungracious winners or losers(more often losers in recent history).
[/b]

You're an idiot. A first class one at that.

Yup we put our boys on pedastals, that's because we have faith, but never, NEVER are we ungracious losers.
Go shove you head up your arse and stop patronising us wtih this "i love the welshies passion" and then accuse us of being sore losers!
We've had years of practice at being losers since the 70's and we're VERY gracious.

Please tell me you've witnessed plenty of ungracious celebrations since the Scarlets humbled Munster?

I think you'll find yourself corrected.
Stupidly so!

Latest posts