English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Screenshot 2021-12-06 at 09.49.14.png

FWIW we've looked a bit vulnerable the last two weeks. Ulster beat us and we were incredibly flat and Connacht could have given us a lot more trouble than they did if they'd been a bit stronger in defence for the first 30mins.

Saying that, a BP win is the minimum I'd expect, from what I hear Bath are in disarray, but we're at about 75% of what we could be right now.

How are Sale doing @TRF_Olyy ? I hear not so great but I'm sure we'll give you an easy win on the weekend. Good win against Ulster, and Munster earlier in the season, but we're so inconsistent that I'm not holding my breath. Hopefully we don't let you run away with it, though.

Tigers first loss incoming though.
On Paper should be the game of the round.

Horrible weather predicted which might play into Tigers hands more.

How are Sale doing @TRF_Olyy ?
Dog ****, tbh

Little better now that AJ is fit, but the problems run far deeper than that
Attack is very poor/unstructured, as is set piece and discipline
Probably the slowest backline in the league, and just let our only senior back three player with a modicum of pace leave his contract early

We're currently without:

MacIntyre,
Akker (blessing in disguise tbh)
Langdon,
Taylor,
Harper,
Beaumont,
Wiese,
Ross,
Faf,
Cliff,
Yarde,
Hill,
Tuilagi,
Doherty,
McGuigan,
Solomona

Though I think one or two are due back this week (hopefully at least one hooker - as we currently have Ashman and no one else, we'd have to dip into the u18 academy to find one)

I've not watched Ospreys this season but I'd guess at the home side winning each game - that's usually the case when we go up against a Welsh side in Europe

How very dare you??????
I mean if you want to buy him out of his contract...

Just don't expect him to play very often, and when he does don't expect him to hit main lineouts
Even with the tallest lock partnership in Europe as his targets (last week he almost nailed a lifter in the back of the head instead of throwing it to Lood, about 7ft above where the ball ended up)

You guys never think....just ask Faf to throw in at the lineouts!

Dog ****, tbh

Little better now that AJ is fit, but the problems run far deeper than that
Attack is very poor/unstructured, as is set piece and discipline
Probably the slowest backline in the league, and just let our only senior back three player with a modicum of pace leave his contract early

We're currently without:

MacIntyre,
Akker (blessing in disguise tbh)
Langdon,
Taylor,
Harper,
Beaumont,
Wiese,
Ross,
Faf,
Cliff,
Yarde,
Hill,
Tuilagi,
Doherty,
McGuigan,
Solomona

Though I think one or two are due back this week (hopefully at least one hooker - as we currently have Ashman and no one else, we'd have to dip into the u18 academy to find one)

I've not watched Ospreys this season but I'd guess at the home side winning each game - that's usually the case when we go up against a Welsh side in Europe
Your description of Sale this season pretty much sums up Ospreys to be honest. We've just got back this Michael Collins guy from injury who we signed this year and he was good against Ulster so hoping he provides a bit more to our very average looking attack.

I didn't realise you have that many out, that is quite a list to be fair and a lot of good players on there.

I think you're being to humble, which is understandable seeing how you've been playing this season but I wouldn't be so sure of a loss, I'm expecting a Sale win by 10 but of our defence is on point we might sneak it. You absolutely demolished the Scarlets in Wales last season so you have good recent form for beating Welsh sides in Wales. We should provide a sterner test than that, though.

Interesting to see how they go about picking a team for this one. It's a much easier game than our previous 2 but you've got to presume that they'll go fully locked and loaded regardless, if only to prepare the team for Montpeilliers the week after. Much more excited for the Munster game to be honest, which will be interesting if nothing else. Bath fans just seem generally miserable which isn't helping the hype.

Given the above update and assuming they won't risk any of the borderline guys, I'd expect to see something like this:

Porter
Kelleher
Furlong
Baird
Molony
Ruddock
Van der Flier
Doris
JGP
Harry? (Maybe Ross)
Lowe
Henshaw
Ringrose
Larmour
Keenan

Sheehan
Ed Byrne
Alaalatoa
Toner
No idea, hopefully Penny
McGrath
The other Byrne bro
Any numbers of backs, would be nice to see Frawley or even Osborne

Biggest and only call is 10 really. Given the opposition, you'd like to see a bit of ambition in selection, which means Harry. Same goes with the backup back row and 23 gigs. Penny deserves a shot as much as anyone. 23 really could be anyone, pretty much all our backs could justifiably do it (or an extra forward). Jimmy O'Brien is unlucky in that his form has noticeably dropped off just as this role which is perfect for him has opened up. Tommy O'Brien or Jamie Osborne both cover the relavant positions and would relish the experience of playing among the big boys. O'Loughlin is the safe choice but is just back from injury (upon typing this I've just realised that we actually have a lot of utility backs). Adam Byrne doesn't have the versatility of the others but would be nice to involve. Or we could pick an extra forward. Basically, if this is the only real up in the air question there isn't too much to talk about so I'll stop.

Interesting to see how they go about picking a team for this one. It's a much easier game than our previous 2 but you've got to presume that they'll go fully locked and loaded regardless, if only to prepare the team for Montpeilliers the week after. Much more excited for the Munster game to be honest, which will be interesting if nothing else. Bath fans just seem generally miserable which isn't helping the hype.

Given the above update and assuming they won't risk any of the borderline guys, I'd expect to see something like this:

Porter
Kelleher
Furlong
Baird
Molony
Ruddock
Van der Flier
Doris
JGP
Harry? (Maybe Ross)
Lowe
Henshaw
Ringrose
Larmour
Keenan

Sheehan
Ed Byrne
Alaalatoa
Toner
No idea, hopefully Penny
McGrath
The other Byrne bro
Any numbers of backs, would be nice to see Frawley or even Osborne

Biggest and only call is 10 really. Given the opposition, you'd like to see a bit of ambition in selection, which means Harry. Same goes with the backup back row and 23 gigs. Penny deserves a shot as much as anyone. 23 really could be anyone, pretty much all our backs could justifiably do it (or an extra forward). Jimmy O'Brien is unlucky in that his form has noticeably dropped off just as this role which is perfect for him has opened up. Tommy O'Brien or Jamie Osborne both cover the relavant positions and would relish the experience of playing among the big boys. O'Loughlin is the safe choice but is just back from injury (upon typing this I've just realised that we actually have a lot of utility backs). Adam Byrne doesn't have the versatility of the others but would be nice to involve. Or we could pick an extra forward. Basically, if this is the only real up in the air question there isn't too much to talk about so I'll stop.
I'd start Adam Byrne over Larmour. He's been playing better lately and is strong in a lot of areas in which Larmour is weak.

I think you're being to humble, which is understandable seeing how you've been playing this season but I wouldn't be so sure of a loss, I'm expecting a Sale win by 10 but of our defence is on point we might sneak it. You absolutely demolished the Scarlets in Wales last season so you have good recent form for beating Welsh sides in Wales. We should provide a sterner test than that, though.
We also got absolutely demolished by Worcester a couple of weeks ago so swings and roundabouts :p
Could be a bit of a cripple fight

Myler v AJ will be interesting - arguably the two least athletic 10s in the game but also two incredibly talented players who control the game very well

We also got absolutely demolished by Worcester a couple of weeks ago so swings and roundabouts :p
Could be a bit of a cripple fight

Myler v AJ will be interesting - arguably the two least athletic 10s in the game but also two incredibly talented players who control the game very well
One things for sure, at least if our games are anything to go by, it'll be a pretty boring match.

I just hope that we can get Anscombe back into the side soon and playing well on a regular basis. Myler has been a good signing though tbf. As you quite rightly point out, perhaps not the most dynamic, athletic fly half theres ever been but he's a solid, consistent performer who can control the game well and kick his goals which is what you want from your 10 really.

Hopefully this post has jinxed it and we'll see a 80 point thriller

Latest posts