• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Champions Cup - Rd 3

Lowry needs in the Ireland camp. Not bothered about his size. He's far too good to ignore.

Baloucoune close to the Irish starting XV too tbh.

Healy spot on with the unforced mistakes comment, saints are riddled with them
How often do you see Biggar miss touch on a penalty? Let alone multiple times in one game

Irish provinces will all be settled in last 16. And well being honest Saint are like a post match night out.
They always talk a big game but when it's time to perform something goes soft and they choke

All four provinces through likely now even with Connacht ******** the bed. We're like the anti wales

AJ out, Wilkinson starts

Ffs

Doesn't make any difference though, we're getting pumped either way

Has also been very good and Moore has played well.

Hume very unlucky that he's probably third choice for Ireland through no fault of his own.

3rd choice? Behind Ringrose and who else? (I might be being stupid here)

There's got to be some sort of intelligent player management here. You can't have someone playing as well as Hume in European rugby and tell him he's not even making the extended squad when Ringrose (who I'm a big fan of) hasn't really been hitting his stride this year. It's not been an issue for Leinster but I know many Ulster players and fans feel hard done by in Ireland selections so it fuels that animosity and doesn't create a cohesive and fair environment.

IMO if Hume was playing for Leinster he'd be starting ahead of Ringrose or even Hume being moved to 12 to accommodate him.

Hume really deserves to get some game time ahead of Ringer. It's really not a case of McCloskey or Cave playing well for Ulster but not being as good as the incumbents.

Hume looks totally ready for international rugby and can offer a different dynamic style of play that could compliment us very well.

3rd choice? Behind Ringrose and who else? (I might be being stupid here)

There's got to be some sort of intelligent player management here. You can't have someone playing as well as Hume in European rugby and tell him he's not even making the extended squad when Ringrose (who I'm a big fan of) hasn't really been hitting his stride this year. It's not been an issue for Leinster but I know many Ulster players and fans feel hard done by in Ireland selections so it fuels that animosity and doesn't create a cohesive and fair environment.

IMO if Hume was playing for Leinster he'd be starting ahead of Ringrose or even Hume being moved to 12 to accommodate him.

I think Farrell would play Henshaw at 13 with Aki at 12 first. So Hume would still absolutely be in the extended squad.

If you were talking about Ringrose last season you'd be accurate but he's back to being quality this year. I think you're forgetting just how good he was vs NZ etc. It's a good problem to have. Similar to the back 5 there's going to be good players missing out no matter what.

15 made completely the wrong decision in defence there, took himself completely out of the game.

Ford really is perfect for this sale team their backs are so similar to ours a few years ago right down to injured Manu

Edit: I need to stop chatting ****

I think Farrell would play Henshaw at 13 with Aki at 12 first. So Hume would still absolutely be in the extended squad.

If you were talking about Ringrose last season you'd be accurate but he's back to being quality this year. I think you're forgetting just how good he was vs NZ etc. It's a good problem to have. Similar to the back 5 there's going to be good players missing out no matter what.

Fair enough regarding his form this season. To be honest I really do rate Ringrose and his defensive qualities are unmatched - I think Hume adds a bit more dynamism in attack.

It's a great problem to have ONLY if it's managed right. He needs to get some game time in important matches if we want him to continually improve and believe he at least has a chance of becoming 1st choice. If Ringrose dips in form again he shouldn't be starting based on previous performances, as that just becomes the definition of undroppable.

Latest posts