• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hello From USA

Hollylop

Academy Player
Country Flag
United States
As you probably guessed I'm from the US, grew up with American Football and found it completely lacking. That's not too unusual for a girl, so I never questioned my lack of interest. However, the craziest thing happened to me last Friday. I went for a walk during lunch and got caught in an awful storm. My supervisor sent me home, since I resembled something akin to a drowned rat, so home I went to dry clothes, a blanket and a hot pot of tea. I was surfing through the channels and discovered.... you guessed it.... Rugby. Premiereship. I think it was Cardiff and Munster, but I was in shock so could be wrong. Never before had I seen anything so fast paced and exciting. Completely confused at first, but the more I studied the game, the more I loved it and now I'm addicted. Next was Northhampton vs. London Irish. Wow! What a game. Couldn't wait for more. One simple problem. The TV provider took my freaking station from me (it was a trial offer) and now I can only catch Six Nations once a week on BBC America if I'm lucky. :( I'm starting to get the shakes. I have so much to learn. So much to see. And now it's gone. ****. So unfair.

So, I've done what any American needing a fix would do. I Googled it and the results led me here. Just wanted to say "hello" and I'm so looking forward to filling in all the blanks by reading all the informative posts on this forum.

Melissa

Welcome to the forum! I think there's a thread floating about with advice on watching rugby in the states, I'll try to dig it out for you. Failing that there are alternative ways to catch most matches.

Welcome seems to be a lot of Americans joining recently.

Welcome to the forum! Good to see Americans joining the forum, fingers crossed I'll be heading stateside after summer for college.

Basically fret not about watching rugby... There are plenty of 'questionable' sites that stream matches so if you're having no luck watching anything feel free to message.

Is there much rugby around where you are then?

Welcome to the forum! Good to see Americans joining the forum, fingers crossed I'll be heading stateside after summer for college.

Basically fret not about watching rugby... There are plenty of 'questionable' sites that stream matches so if you're having no luck watching anything feel free to message.

Is there much rugby around where you are then?

No, not much at all. One high school a couple of counties over has a team that just starting out. Other than that we are woefully lacking.

Latest posts