• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Help! I'm tempted to pick the Cheetahs over the Hurricanes!

S

stormer2010

Please convince me not to pick the Cheetahs for a win over the Canes for my Superbru predictions for round 4.

Got some point picking them ahead of the Sahrks pfft but got burned by backing them against the Highlanders.

My 'thinking' for picking them ahead of the Hurricanes:

1 Home
2 Highveld
3 Slightly better pack than the Canes
4 Conrad Smith is out, so is Ellison in the midfield
5 Ebersohn in for the Cheetahs with Mapoe moving back to wing upping the Cheetahs midfield speed, playmaking and defence
6 Pretorius to start ahead of de bruyn

reasons not to pick them:

1 They are the Cheetahs
2 They are up against the Hurricanes
3 Gear and Nonu should be extra effective ball carriers against the small Cheetahs backs. Speed doesn't help in defence
4 Meyer Bosman
5 Fullbacks. Cory Jane is waaaay better than Hennie Daniller. At least Viljoen would have been a gamble
6 Meyer Bosman

Help. Please?

The Cheetahs will probably win, seeing as i backed the Hurricanes in the predictions thread. I think its going to be very close. Ebehrson > Hurricanes. Stick with the Cheetahs.

Tamati Ellison will swap with Smith in Centre and Hosea Gear I think may come back to take Ellisons spot, so not too much harm done. I'd recommend picking the Hurricanes, but I could be wrong. I'd also say the Hurricanes have been on form and have greater attacking power but meh.

Ermm. I was hoping for comments along the lines of: "You bloody idiot. No, make that Idiot. How can you even consider backing the Cheetahs."

Oh, well, Cheetahs by 2 it is.

I'll tell you why you don't pick them.

They're not playing a South African team, which means they automatically lose all their intensity, vigor and will to play the game.

Cheetahs are a Currie cup team not a Super 14 team.

Why you shouldn't pick the Cheetahs?
Because they are playing against an overseas team, the Cheetahs only perform against local sides.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Mar 3 2010, 04:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Tamati Ellison will swap with Smith in Centre and Hosea Gear I think may come back to take Ellisons spot, so not too much harm done. I'd recommend picking the Hurricanes, but I could be wrong. I'd also say the Hurricanes have been on form and have greater attacking power but meh.[/b]

Well, Ellison has been ruled out so Cooper will likely name a player from the Wider Training Group to partner Nonu in the midfield.

Cheetahs by 8.

Hmm, Is Tomasi Cama in the wider training squad? I know he's playing with the 7's team, but I'd go with him at Centre.

You kidding right??

I'd rather shift Ripia to 12, Nonu to 13 and start Cruden at 10 than have Cama play.

Well, this was an unfortunite time for the Cheetah's to win...

Ignore my previous posts on this topic.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Mar 8 2010, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hope you took my advice and stuck with the Cheetahs...[/b]

LOL, tx. This boosted me to 3rd in my superbru pool; didn't get the bonus though as a mate of mine picked the Cheetahs to win by 5 where i choose a margin of 2. Well done Cheetahs. With Naas there along with Pretorius, they have more direction and the midfield looked a hell of a lot better with Ebersohn. Dangerous back three and forward pack now given more chance with a better midfield. Still not world beaters, though.

Latest posts