Help with Adidas British and Irish Lions Test Jersey 2013

Jaguares

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
Hi friends, I want to buy the new Adidas British and Irish Lions Test Jersey 2013 but I have a problem. I dont know the measures of the Test Jersey because this type of jersey is much tighter than a common jersey.

Has anyone bought the Adidas British and Irish Lions Test Jersey 2013 and can pass the measures of size M and L, please? To be sure when bidding.

regards

Nope - I don't see the point in them, they're so much more expensive than the normal jersey, and I don't want the skin tight version just the standard.

well according to lovell rugby M is 38-40 inches in chest size while L is 40-42 inches.

Nope - I don't see the point in them, they're so much more expensive than the normal jersey, and I don't want the skin tight version just the standard.

Yeah, it's more expensive but is the true jersey, the authentic skin, worn by players

Also, if you have a good body you can look like yours heros!

You can see the difference between these two jerseys?

In the first picture, BOD wears a tight jerset, giving shape to his body:

130312075643333682.jpg

While in the second photo, supporters wear a baggy jerseys, that shapes their bodies (well, they don't have a nice body, haha​​)

130312075642460510.jpg

You can see the difference?

If you have a good body, you'll want the Test Jersey to show your body better. But if you're fat or skinny, you should not use the Test Jersey, hahahah

Regards

Last edited:
Has anyone bought the Adidas British and Irish Lions Test Jersey 2013 and can pass the measures of size M and L, please? To be sure when bidding.

I have a 38in chest and would normally have gone with the Medium. However, after trying a M, a L and a XL, I agree with the recommendation Lovell's Rugby make to go for a size up from what you would normally go for.

With the Medium, I only got my head and one arm on.
With the Large, it fitted like a glove but there was a moment when I didn't think I'd get it on. Once it's over your upper back then it's fine.
With the X-Large, I easily got it on and it was a bit baggy on me.

So I went with the Large.

I hope that helps.

I have a 38in chest and would normally have gone with the Medium. However, after trying a M, a L and a XL, I agree with the recommendation Lovell's Rugby make to go for a size up from what you would normally go for.

With the Large, it fitted like a glove but there was a moment when I didn't think I'd get it on. Once it's over your upper back then it's fine.

I hope that helps.

Similar story.

I am normally a Small in player jerseys (all the Wales UA shirts, Ospreys liquid pro, plus some tight Aussie Rules ones, etc). As such I bought a small and had it shipped to the US from a store I like in Swansea. I literally could not get both arms in and it basically wasn't wide enough to get over my shoulders.

I had to pay return postage and ended up getting a Medium. It is easy enough to get on, but rather difficult to get out of (though easy enough if you have someone to pull it off).

In the end, I probably should have got a Large but that might have been a bit long and loose.

In my opinion, Adidas has botched the construction of these shirts. The material across the shoulders is stretchy, but the striped material used in the body has zero stretch/give. It narrows quite a bit in the middle, so in reality, you need a size such that the middle actually fits over your shoulders. You can even see the players in the tour so far are wearing shirts much bigger than they normally would because of this. Cuthbert most noticeably for me - but there are a LOT of examples:

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Barbarians+v+British+Irish+Lions+5qOpmiCQWwNx.jpg

vs

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Alex+Cuthbert+Wales+v+Ireland+RBS+Six+Nations+7mclwnwndBXx.jpg

I kept wondering if they'd "fix" this but they haven't so far. This is just a problem with the Lions shirts. Others with a similar cut (NZ, France, etc) have stretchier material, so you can go for the proper size. This would all have been avoided if Adidas just made the back panel out of the shoulder material. Oh well.

My Medium is 15.25" straight across the narrowest part below the HSBC logo. This is pretty much the ONLY measurement that matters. Hope this helps.

I hope that helps.

Thank you very much for your answer. I also am normally size M, you recommend me to buy size L of Lions Test Shirt? Do you have photos of your test shirt? The size L in your body is set as the players and the XL size is a little loose you, right?

regards

Similar story.

I am normally a Small in player jerseys (all the Wales UA shirts, Ospreys liquid pro, plus some tight Aussie Rules ones, etc). As such I bought a small and had it shipped to the US from a store I like in Swansea. I literally could not get both arms in and it basically wasn't wide enough to get over my shoulders.

I had to pay return postage and ended up getting a Medium. It is easy enough to get on, but rather difficult to get out of (though easy enough if you have someone to pull it off).

In the end, I probably should have got a Large but that might have been a bit long and loose.

In my opinion, Adidas has botched the construction of these shirts. The material across the shoulders is stretchy, but the striped material used in the body has zero stretch/give. It narrows quite a bit in the middle, so in reality, you need a size such that the middle actually fits over your shoulders. You can even see the players in the tour so far are wearing shirts much bigger than they normally would because of this. Cuthbert most noticeably for me - but there are a LOT of examples:

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Barbarians+v+British+Irish+Lions+5qOpmiCQWwNx.jpg

vs

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Alex+Cuthbert+Wales+v+Ireland+RBS+Six+Nations+7mclwnwndBXx.jpg

I kept wondering if they'd "fix" this but they haven't so far. This is just a problem with the Lions shirts. Others with a similar cut (NZ, France, etc) have stretchier material, so you can go for the proper size. This would all have been avoided if Adidas just made the back panel out of the shoulder material. Oh well.

My Medium is 15.25" straight across the narrowest part below the HSBC logo. This is pretty much the ONLY measurement that matters. Hope this helps.

Do you say that the All Blacks Test Shirt and France Test Shirt aren't the same material and the same measures of the Lions Test Shirt??. But they are of the same brand (Adidas) and the same sport, both Test Shirts should have the same dimensions and should be made of the same material. I don't think they are different, do you have a France Test Shirt or All Blacks Test Shirt and could you compare with your Lions Test Shirt or your just saying what you saw on TV?

I have a Wales Under Armour Test Shirt in size M, and part of the arms is very tight, but not so much in the body. You've got the 2 shirts (Wales Test Shirt and Lions Test Shirt) your notes much difference in dimensions between the Under Armour Wales Test Shirt and Adidas Lions Test Shirts?

Regards

Do you say that the All Blacks Test Shirt and France Test Shirt aren't the same material and the same measures of the Lions Test Shirt??. But they are of the same brand (Adidas) and the same sport, both Test Shirts should have the same dimensions and should be made of the same material. I don't think they are different, do you have a France Test Shirt or All Blacks Test Shirt and could you compare with your Lions Test Shirt or your just saying what you saw on TV?

I have a Wales Under Armour Test Shirt in size M, and part of the arms is very tight, but not so much in the body. You've got the 2 shirts (Wales Test Shirt and Lions Test Shirt) your notes much difference in dimensions between the Under Armour Wales Test Shirt and Adidas Lions Test Shirts?

Regards

That's exactly what I'm saying. Just because they are made by the same brand doesn't mean that they are exactly the same.

Check out the construction of the France shirt vs the Lions one:

http://www.adidas.co.uk/men's-ffr-home-authentic-jersey/Z18649_700.html (Mesh under the arms, different seams, etc)

vs

http://www.worldrugbyshop.com/37508.html

The Lions shirt is closest in template to the All Blacks shirt - but even then, it's not identical. I can't find a good picture of an authentic though.

The "problem" with the Lions shirts is that the way they have done the stripes in the body material means that the shiny stripe has almost no stretch whatsoever. This is a problem at the narrowest part of the shirt just under the HSBC logo. Very difficult to get on and off for me. If the material didn't have the stripes, or there were mesh inserts, this wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem.

Neither the France, nor All Blacks shirts, have this issue, and I actually suspect that by not having the stripes, the plain material can actually have a bit more stretch. It doesn't need much - but none makes a big difference. I have seen a test All Blacks jersey in a store from just after the world cup, and it did have a very similar hourglass shape, but a decent amount of give.

As for the comparison with the Wales shirts - please see the attached pictures (apologies for the selfies).

The RWC shirt is a test shirt size small. It's snug, but I like it.
The regular Wales test shirt is a medium. A bit bigger than I like, but I bought it for a collection.
The Lions test shirt is a medium. It is CRAZY tight in the middle with no inserts/stretchy panels and very difficult to get off.

The small Lions test shirt I sent back had the same under arm measurements as the small Wales RWC shirt - 18". The medium Lions shirt I have has the same under arm to under arm measurements as the medium Wales shirt - 19" BUT is only 15.5" across the narrowest part. Get a piece of string. Make a 31" circumference circle. Try and get it over your shoulders. If you cannot, then you need a Large and it will be baggy at the bottom like all of the current players.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_20130316_085323.jpg
    IMG_20130316_085323.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20130512_175338.jpg
    IMG_20130512_175338.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20130505_130850.jpg
    IMG_20130505_130850.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
That's exactly what I'm saying. Just because they are made by the same brand doesn't mean that they are exactly the same.

Check out the construction of the France shirt vs the Lions one:

http://www.adidas.co.uk/men's-ffr-home-authentic-jersey/Z18649_700.html (Mesh under the arms, different seams, etc)

vs

http://www.worldrugbyshop.com/37508.html

The Lions shirt is closest in template to the All Blacks shirt - but even then, it's not identical. I can't find a good picture of an authentic though.

The "problem" with the Lions shirts is that the way they have done the stripes in the body material means that the shiny stripe has almost no stretch whatsoever. This is a problem at the narrowest part of the shirt just under the HSBC logo. Very difficult to get on and off for me. If the material didn't have the stripes, or there were mesh inserts, this wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem.

Neither the France, nor All Blacks shirts, have this issue, and I actually suspect that by not having the stripes, the plain material can actually have a bit more stretch. It doesn't need much - but none makes a big difference. I have seen a test All Blacks jersey in a store from just after the world cup, and it did have a very similar hourglass shape, but a decent amount of give.

As for the comparison with the Wales shirts - please see the attached pictures (apologies for the selfies).

The RWC shirt is a test shirt size small. It's snug, but I like it.
The regular Wales test shirt is a medium. A bit bigger than I like, but I bought it for a collection.
The Lions test shirt is a medium. It is CRAZY tight in the middle with no inserts/stretchy panels and very difficult to get off.

The small Lions test shirt I sent back had the same under arm measurements as the small Wales RWC shirt - 18". The medium Lions shirt I have has the same under arm to under arm measurements as the medium Wales shirt - 19" BUT is only 15.5" across the narrowest part. Get a piece of string. Make a 31" circumference circle. Try and get it over your shoulders. If you cannot, then you need a Large and it will be baggy at the bottom like all of the current players.

Hope this helps.

View attachment 2322View attachment 2323View attachment 2324

Thank u very much for your answer. I have a Wales RWC Test Shirt too, but in size M and I look good, What size you think I'm carving for the Lions Test Shirt? Size L perhaps?

Do you think there is much difference between Lions Test Shirt and the France Test Shirt? Because I want to buy both and I think maybe my size is L, I use size L in Canterbury Test Shirt. I have many Canterbury Test Shirts (Leicester Tigers, Scotland, Springboks, England and others) so I think that's my size in a Adidas Test Shirt. I have not even a Adidas Test Shirt, then I'm not sure and I can't try on the shirt because I will buy from an online store.

How many kg of weight and how many meters of height do you have?

Another question, I see you too you like Test Shirt. Do you know where I can buy the Adidas Italy Test Shirt? Because at the Official F.I.R. Online Store, they don't sell the Italy Test Shirt.

Regards

Last edited:
Thank u very much for your answer. I have a Wales RWC Test Shirt too, but in size M and I look good, What size you think I'm carving for the Lions Test Shirt? Size L perhaps?

Do you think there is much difference between Lions Test Shirt and the France Test Shirt? Because I want to buy both and I think maybe my size is L, I use size L in Canterbury Test Shirt. I have many Canterbury Test Shirts (Leicester Tigers, Scotland, Springboks, England and others) so I think that's my size in a Adidas Test Shirt. I have not even a Adidas Test Shirt, then I'm not sure and I can't try on the shirt because I will buy from an online store.

How many kg of weight and how many meters of height do you have?

Another question, I see you too you like Test Shirt. Do you know where I can buy the Adidas Italy Test Shirt? Because at the Official F.I.R. Online Store, they don't sell the Italy Test Shirt.

Regards

I would say at least a Large. See what Niall said above.

I also would also say there are significant differences between the Lions and France test shirt. The panelling is definitely different and likely the material too - which is what this discussion is all about. The Lions shirt is most closely aligned to the 2011/13 All Blacks template (except with 2 different kinds of material - stretchy red shoulders and striped body). The new France shirt and new All Blacks jersey are similar, but even then, not identical templates.

There's a pretty good gallery of a recent France / All Blacks game here: http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/_EvnyUHmiQD/New+Zealand+v+France+Game+1/rEsdHbwcuaU

Especially in http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/New+Zealand+v+France+Game+1+iQc4ULi17dax.jpg and http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/New+Zealand+v+France+Game+1+4lkp-qRbUIix.jpg, you can see how much tighter the players can have their shirts. Something not really possible with the Lions ones: http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/ACT+Brumbies+v+British+Irish+Lions+l5Tr5T7wybIx.jpg

Places like Lovell Rugby, Roksport, worldrugbyshop, etc, let you return things - so if you buy online, you're not stuck with anything. It's just a hassle and a bit of a cost to do the exchange (like I had to do with my small shipped from the UK to the US and back again).

I'm 1.67m and 73kg. Normally a Small. Medium to Large in this test shirt.

I'm really only interested in Welsh (and I guess British and Irish) rugby. Haven't ever seen the Italian test jersey in a store, but haven't looked either. Sorry.

I would say at least a Large. See what Niall said above.

I also would also say there are significant differences between the Lions and France test shirt. The panelling is definitely different and likely the material too - which is what this discussion is all about. The Lions shirt is most closely aligned to the 2011/13 All Blacks template (except with 2 different kinds of material - stretchy red shoulders and striped body). The new France shirt and new All Blacks jersey are similar, but even then, not identical templates.

There's a pretty good gallery of a recent France / All Blacks game here: http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/_EvnyUHmiQD/New+Zealand+v+France+Game+1/rEsdHbwcuaU

Especially in http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/New+Zealand+v+France+Game+1+iQc4ULi17dax.jpg and http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/New+Zealand+v+France+Game+1+4lkp-qRbUIix.jpg, you can see how much tighter the players can have their shirts. Something not really possible with the Lions ones: http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/ACT+Brumbies+v+British+Irish+Lions+l5Tr5T7wybIx.jpg

Places like Lovell Rugby, Roksport, worldrugbyshop, etc, let you return things - so if you buy online, you're not stuck with anything. It's just a hassle and a bit of a cost to do the exchange (like I had to do with my small shipped from the UK to the US and back again).

I'm 1.67m and 73kg. Normally a Small. Medium to Large in this test shirt.

I'm really only interested in Welsh (and I guess British and Irish) rugby. Haven't ever seen the Italian test jersey in a store, but haven't looked either. Sorry.

Well, I have similar measures to yours. 1.70 cm and 70 kg (Before weighed 80 kg but I lost weight). I have enough muscle mass, so a size S is too small for me.

What size do you use for the Canterbury Test Shirt? M or L? Because for me the size M in CCC Test Shirt is very tight (I have one in size M by mistake, and when I'm not let me breathe and I can't move)

For example, you've seen or tried it a Cardiff Blues Test Shirt?

Regarding what you say about the Test Shirts, I don't think there is much difference between the All Blacks Test Shirt and France Test Shir. For example look at the All Blacks Test Shirt last year.

Richie McCaw:

130619071748275345.jpg

Julian Savea:

130619071744767623.jpg

They have similar measures:

Richie McCaw
Height 1.87 m (6 ft 1 1⁄2 in)
Weight 108 kg (17 st 0 lb)

Julian Savea
Height 1.93 m (6 ft 4 in)
Weight 108 kg (240 lb)

But Julian has arms bigger, so the shirt is much more tight in the arms while Richie the shirt fits loosely arms. And we are talking about the same shirt. That's what I think is happening between All Blacks Test Shirt and France Test Shirt in the photos you uploaded. Perhaps NZ players are bigger than the French players and so gives the feeling that their shirts are more fitted. Do you understand?

Regards

Last edited:
What size do you use for the Canterbury Test Shirt? M or L? Because for me the size M in CCC Test Shirt is very tight (I have one in size M by mistake, and when I'm not let me breathe and I can't move)

I have a small Wallabies test shirt from 06, but you can't compare that. Never tried on a Blues shirt. I'm an Ospreys supporter.

Regarding what you say about the Test Shirts, I don't think there is much difference between the All Blacks Test Shirt and France Test Shir. For example look at the All Blacks Test Shirt last year.

I agree. The France and NZ shirts are quite similar in seams and construction. Most likely material as well. The Lions shirt is based off the previous NZ template. The new one from the France game is slightly different in construction (at least). No shoulder seams and the upper back seams are different.

Richie+Mccaw+England+v+New+Zealand+QBE+International+lgsJ5vBMUIjx.jpg

vs

New+Zealand+v+France+Game+1+hhorUNPpCeBx.jpg

Richie McCaw:

Julian Savea:

They have similar measures:

Richie McCaw
Height 1.87 m (6 ft 1 1⁄2 in)
Weight 108 kg (17 st 0 lb)

Julian Savea
Height 1.93 m (6 ft 4 in)
Weight 108 kg (240 lb)

But Julian has arms bigger, so the shirt is much more tight in the arms while Richie the shirt fits loosely arms. And we are talking about the same shirt. That's what I think is happening between All Blacks Test Shirt and France Test Shirt in the photos you uploaded. Perhaps NZ players are bigger than the French players and so gives the feeling that their shirts are more fitted. Do you understand?

Regards

All this tells me is that, as always, backs tend to prefer tighter fitting shirts than forwards. They are probably just wearing different size shirts (ie, one L, one XL). Take a look at the fit of ANY front row forward's shirt and compare it to the fullback.

All the pictures I'm showing you are to highlight that it's clear that the old and new NZ shirts, and the France shirt to a lesser extent, appear to have a very decent amount of stretch, so you can afford to try for a tight fit.
If you get it wrong with the Lions shirt, IT WILL NOT GET OVER YOUR SHOULDERS.

I have a small Wallabies test shirt from 06, but you can't compare that. Never tried on a Blues shirt. I'm an Ospreys supporter.

Well, but there are many teams that use Canterbury. It's the number one brand of rugby, is very rare that you don't have a current Canterbury Test Jersey :D

I agree. The France and NZ shirts are quite similar in seams and construction. Most likely material as well. The Lions shirt is based off the previous NZ template. The new one from the France game is slightly different in construction (at least). No shoulder seams and the upper back seams are different.

Richie+Mccaw+England+v+New+Zealand+QBE+International+lgsJ5vBMUIjx.jpg

vs

New+Zealand+v+France+Game+1+hhorUNPpCeBx.jpg

To be honest with you, I can't see the difference between the new All Blacks Test Shirt and the latest All Blacks Test Shirt, both are very tight. Personally I don't think there is much difference between a France Test Shirt, a All Blacks Test Shirt and a Lions Test Shirt. It's assumed that the differences should be minimal.

All this tells me is that, as always, backs tend to prefer tighter fitting shirts than forwards. They are probably just wearing different size shirts (ie, one L, one XL). Take a look at the fit of ANY front row forward's shirt and compare it to the fullback.

All the pictures I'm showing you are to highlight that it's clear that the old and new NZ shirts, and the France shirt to a lesser extent, appear to have a very decent amount of stretch, so you can afford to try for a tight fit.
If you get it wrong with the Lions shirt, IT WILL NOT GET OVER YOUR SHOULDERS.

Maybe that's the answer, but personally I think Savea's arms are bigger than the arms of Richie McCaw, haha. Then I'll buy a Adidas Test Shirt in size L, first I'm going to buy one (I don't know if France Test Shirt first and then a Lions Test Shirt or vice versa). But if I buy the wrong size will be your fault! (It's a joke :D:D:D)

Regards

Most of the Canterbury shirts are tight skin anyways cos I had a South Africa top from the RWC 2011 and prople who I train with have the older Leicester tigers shirt, Scotland shirt and a Cardiff blues shirt there all Canterbury and tight skinned. I also own am old sarrys which wasn't tight as it was made by Nike.

Well, but there are many teams that use Canterbury. It's the number one brand of rugby, is very rare that you don't have a current Canterbury Test Jersey :D

I'd debate that nowadays, but you're welcome to your opinion.

To be honest with you, I can't see the difference between the new All Blacks Test Shirt and the latest All Blacks Test Shirt, both are very tight.

Then quite simply you are not looking hard enough. There's very little difference you can do with a shirt that has to be mostly black, but believe me, Adidas try. Look at the first anthem photo. The shoulder seam is actually a little forward on the chest - starting at the white part of the collar and going diagonally down to the arm. Then look at the second photo. Where is that seam gone? It's actually moved to the back along with a newly curved side seam.

New+Zealand+v+France+Game+2+aOEM5udirjsx.jpg

vs

England+v+New+Zealand+QBE+International+KUoPI3jVzeRx.jpg

Then, France is different again. On this template, the shoulder seam is right at the top, and there's a mesh panel under the arms that hasn't been on any other shirt we've discussed here.

New+Zealand+v+France+Game+2+fWtk8xsDv_zx.jpg

Italy is different again - but I'm not interested in going into that.

Personally I don't think there is much difference between a France Test Shirt, a All Blacks Test Shirt and a Lions Test Shirt. It's assumed that the differences should be minimal.

Really? No, really? After all the discussion to this point? Being Adidas means that they'll all have roughly the same measurements by size (underarm to underarm, total length, etc) but how the shirt fits is largely determined by where they put the seams and ESPECIALLY what material the shirt is made from.

Maybe that's the answer, but personally I think Savea's arms are bigger than the arms of Richie McCaw, haha.

Sure. They are. He's also wearing a smaller shirt.

Then I'll buy a Adidas Test Shirt in size L, first I'm going to buy one (I don't know if France Test Shirt first and then a Lions Test Shirt or vice versa). But if I buy the wrong size will be your fault! (It's a joke :D:D:D)

For the Lions shirt, you will need a Large to simply be able to get it on and off. Maybe even an XL depending on your build.

Take a look at your WRU shirt. It has 3 different types of material. That armour grid has zero stretch. Do you think you could get the shirt on if it didn't have the stretchy red/white material down the sides? This is the problem with the Lions shirt. It is NOT stretchy at all.

See the pic of it on me? Once it's on, it's ok. I need help from another person to take it off. If I could have tried it on before buying it, I wouldn't have, but I kept it because I'd already bought and sent back a small (internationally).

IF the body material had ANY kind of stretch in it, a Medium would be absolutely perfect for me - maybe even a small.

If you want a super tight fit, you *could* get a Medium in the France shirt in my opinion. You don't see any players wearing much bigger shirts than they normally do for their clubs when playing for France, Italy, NZ, etc. In the current Lions squad, the shirts look 1-2 sizes up.

Halfpenny wears a tight Canterbury for the Blues, tight UA for Wales, kinda loose for the Lions.

Leigh+Halfpenny+Wales+v+England+RBS+Six+Nations+5Zao0OuVpkmx.jpg

vs

Leigh+Halfpenny+Leinster+v+Cardiff+Blues+Heineken+G3RL0HLREpUx.jpg

vs

Leigh+Halfpenny+Western+Force+v+British+Irish+64KfXl1lr8Gx.jpg

Thanks. It's been fun playing around with rugby shirt pictures - but you're on your own from here.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I'd debate that nowadays, but you're welcome to your opinion.

Well, for me CCC is the number one brand of Rugby, I would like ABs return to Canterbury.

Then quite simply you are not looking hard enough. There's very little difference you can do with a shirt that has to be mostly black, but believe me, Adidas try. Look at the first anthem photo. The shoulder seam is actually a little forward on the chest - starting at the white part of the collar and going diagonally down to the arm. Then look at the second photo. Where is that seam gone? It's actually moved to the back along with a newly curved side seam.

Then, France is different again. On this template, the shoulder seam is right at the top, and there's a mesh panel under the arms that hasn't been on any other shirt we've discussed here. Italy is different again - but I'm not interested in going into that.

Well, you're right. The seam changes, is a little different but in general terms I guess the sizes measures remain the same, right? Reason why, even if you change the seam carving measures should be the same in spite of that.

Really? No, really? After all the discussion to this point? Being Adidas means that they'll all have roughly the same measurements by size (underarm to underarm, total length, etc) but how the shirt fits is largely determined by where they put the seams and ESPECIALLY what material the shirt is made from.

You're right, but as I don't I have these shirts, it's difficult to accurately estimate the variations of the seams, so we can only talk in general terms.

For the Lions shirt, you will need a Large to simply be able to get it on and off. Maybe even an XL depending on your build. Take a look at your WRU shirt. It has 3 different types of material. That armour grid has zero stretch. Do you think you could get the shirt on if it didn't have the stretchy red/white material down the sides? This is the problem with the Lions shirt. It is NOT stretchy at all.

See the pic of it on me? Once it's on, it's ok. I need help from another person to take it off. If I could have tried it on before buying it, I wouldn't have, but I kept it because I'd already bought and sent back a small (internationally).

IF the body material had ANY kind of stretch in it, a Medium would be absolutely perfect for me - maybe even a small.

If you want a super tight fit, you *could* get a Medium in the France shirt in my opinion. You don't see any players wearing much bigger shirts than they normally do for their clubs when playing for France, Italy, NZ, etc. In the current Lions squad, the shirts look 1-2 sizes up.

Halfpenny wears a tight Canterbury for the Blues, tight UA for Wales, kinda loose for the Lions.

It's also common, for my Canterbury Test Shirt is easier to get me out. To remove the Shirt I need help, hahaha. I have 70 kg, I think that a size L of the Lions Test Shirt.Is the best option, because maybe a size M I stay too tight and a size XL left me too loose.

And like you said: "The Lions test shirt is a medium. It is CRAZY tight in the middle with no inserts/stretchy panels and very difficult to get off". For this reason I believe that I will not go into in size M.

Thanks. It's been fun playing around with rugby shirt pictures - but you're on your own from here.

Good luck.

Thank you very much!

Regards

Finally I bought a Adidas France Test Jersey 2012/13 in size L, I must say that I expected it to be more tighter as a Canterbury Test Jersey, I have a little big (or not so tight) in sleeves and slightly long:

130827094216888791.jpg

130827094218444314.jpg

130827094221357074.jpg

13082709421514497.jpg

130827094219903420.jpg

Cheers

Latest posts