• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Help

redshedrob

Academy Player
Country Flag
UK
Club or Nation
Salford
My Grandad have a Six nations ball signed by all the captains (he thinks) of each country. He has asked me to try and find out who the signatures belong.

Could anybody assist me with this as I am a league man myself and only follow Sale and England loosely.

Thanks
Rob

Attachments

• 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 10
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 9
Do you know what year it was signed?
Don't recognise any of the signatures to be honest,
There's one with "Stephen" at the start, but I can't imagine this squiggle afterwards saying "Borthwick"

I reckon one is Chris Patterson and the second one is Stephen Jones.

Does look like it'd be those two,
If so then they're the captains of the '07 6 Nations, so they'd be:
Chris Paterson (1st pic)
Stephen Jones (2nd pic)
Raphael Ibanez (3rd pic)
Marco Bortolami (5th - just googled it and its the same sig)

The 4th is from Phil Vickery or Brian O'Driscoll,

Last edited:
Five has to be Bortolami. Look at the big M at the start and the B halfway through.

Pic 3 is Ibanez

So 4 is either Vickery or BOD, leaning towards BOD

Vicks:
Image33.jpg

BOD:
BrianODiscollCanvas_LRG.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks all.

Not sure what year this is either which is part of the problem. So are these the 6 nations captains?

Rob

In number 4, it's possible that the first bit of the illegible scribble is a slanted bapital B. Therefore making this one Brian O'Driscoll's autograph

Thanks all.

Not sure what year this is either which is part of the problem. So are these the 6 nations captains?

Rob
Yeah, they were the captains during the Six Nations tournament in 2007 (though it's missing Englands Phil Vickery, unless it's just not pictured) - Stephen Jones still plays (though not captain) - Brian O'Driscoll still captains Ireland - Bortolami still plays, but not for Italy anymore (just club rugby for Aironi) - Paterson still plays for Scotland (when he's not injured anyway :p )
Vickery and Ibanez have retired

In number 4, it's possible that the first bit of the illegible scribble is a slanted bapital B. Therefore making this one Brian O'Driscoll's autograph
Aye, looks like someone gave him a biro instead of a marker pen for it :p

Last edited: