• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Help!

W

welshy

Can anyone offer help on the following please:

1. Defence

Which player is it best to control after aligning your defence? I think I'm suffering from hitting the button to select a player too much and as a result end up creating gaps as it doesn't go to the one I'm expecting and I end up running the wrong way (though I love the way the computer AI is quick to notice and take advantage of this!). Is it best to let the computer manually defend and just play as a sweeper maybe?

2. Turnovers

I get these almost as soon as I go wide - any tips?

3. R3

I have never once managed to get away with this (hands in the ruck) - does anyone have any tips on when to press it?

Any help really would be appreciated, thanks!

Can`t help you to much mate but from what I have picked up the offload button has been implemented to the detriment of the R3 button that allowed you to hold on to the ball in 05.

Thats the problem with rugger games by the looks of it they implement one feature causes problems with others.

Use the forwards to build up the momentum gauge. Just keep ploughing up the middle. When the gauge is almost full u can start firing it out to the backs.
I use the back line moves every other go. Normal or miss pass will get ur backs set up faster. (Usually left on the d-pad)

Just keep an eye on the momentum gauge and u shouldn't get as many turnovers, especially if u make a little break. If it starts getting empty, just go to the forwards.

1. yeah, sweeper seems to work best as i find the rest of your defense dont tackle much in the line. plus switching to fullback does seem to cause problems. pick a player and stick to him when in defense.

2. well, if you get isolated then generally you will be turned over. do as you would in reality and come back inside for support. alternatively i have started using the grubber and a quick tap onthe punt button if this is not possible.

3. sometimes you cant do this at all which is quite good (normally close to your own line). if i thought i was going to have a try scored against me in 05, id often concede what i guess is a proffesional foul. this doesnt always work now.

i have found that it does still work in certain situations and with about the same success rate as it used to. you can still steal ball.

Turnovers in 2005 were ridiculous, holding onto the ball was the only thing that made it bearable. If its gone in 2006, it will suck.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 14 2006, 10:07 AM
Turnovers in 2005 were ridiculous, holding onto the ball was the only thing that made it bearable. If its gone in 2006, it will suck.
mate i am finding good possession with the default fowards

ds_cru has it spot on

build momentum, kick tactically, and u will have more possession than AI on Elite.

Just had a go on 2005, and tried playing it without holding on. I got turned after one or two phases everytime, even if i was using forwards. I hope this isnt the same in 06, how can you build momentum when u cant hold the ball.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 14 2006, 10:36 AM
Just had a go on 2005, and tried playing it without holding on. I got turned after one or two phases everytime, even if i was using forwards. I hope this isnt the same in 06, how can you build momentum when u cant hold the ball.
well in 06 the fending and barge actually work thus a new meaning of mometum exists in 2006

OK, i get it, in 2005 you had to use shoulder barge and fend to build momentum, but they didnt work, which rendered the system useless. Good to hear its fixed.

Home field advantage certainly helps with holding onto the ball a little longer as well. Playin WL on elite at the mo, so using a kicking game in every match. When doing this u dont actually notice/or loose the ball in turnovers cause is just booted away every time u get it.

Anyhow, was just wondering how good it would b if HB put in an adjustment bar for turnovers in a match - just llike they do 4 knock ons and fatigue in options. It shouldn't b that difficult. I mean EA have been doin it 4 yrs in the Madden series(actually not just EA, but almost all Hockey n American Football sims)
They have adjustment bars for everything u could possibly think of. Y not here?
Y O Y NOT THE TURNOVERS?!

I can't seem to get mauls rolling. It's happened only a handful of times. I have the PC version, is anyone experiencing similar problems?

i havnt played 06 but in 2005 you had to the forward button and the left or right button together, and also ad more forwards to the maul to get it going. it sometimes took a second or two

i havnt played 06 but in 2005 you had to push the forward button and the left or right button together, and also ad more forwards to the maul to get it going. it sometimes took a second or two

Mauls do start the same way, however they are more difficult to get rolling and to sustain once rolling - I guess it's just practice.

Just fire ur forwards into the maul as soon as u see it starting to form. U have to get them in b4 the a.i. tho. From a lineout start hitting the bind button as soon as u catch the ball.

Also useful to hold the ball in the maul a sec or2 after the initial shove, cause u can sometimes pick up 6 or 7m with a 2nd push. Doesnt always happen on elite tho

Originally posted by ds_cru@Feb 14 2006, 02:52 PM
Just fire ur forwards into the maul as soon as u see it starting to form. U have to get them in b4 the a.i. tho. From a lineout start hitting the bind button as soon as u catch the ball.

Also useful to hold the ball in the maul a sec or2 after the initial shove, cause u can sometimes pick up 6 or 7m with a 2nd push. Doesnt always happen on elite tho
Cheers I will try that tonight :cheers:

Latest posts