• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Henson to Toulon?

Who do Toulon play in midfield?
Henson doesn't play his best rugby at 10, and I don't see him forcing Wilkinson off.
If he goes, I'd like to see a 2/3 year contract, just so he can stay put and play some rugby.

Toulon have a lot of money to throw about, but wouldn't go after someone unless they saw something.

(BTW, who should I support now: Hook/USAP, Byrne-King/ASM, Henson/Toulon?)

Toulon have a couple of good midfielders. Seems like a weird move to me.

The Dragons ye numpty! :)

Hah, you're right there!
I try to support whatever teams have Welsh players (except the Sarries).
Why did Hook, Byrne, and Henson have to go to different teams?! Now I will have to spend a fortune on kits.

WHAT THE FUDGIN HELL IS HE DOING!!!! After only 6 weeks and what 4/5 games he already wants to move??? I'm a huge Henson fan, but my lord what does he think he's playing at. Saracens took a huge huge huge gamble by signing him in the first place (i doubt he's cheap to pay either).
There we go i guess, you got the cash to flash, do it. Put bums on seats as they say. But in all seriousness, if he does go before end of season then there is clearly something wrong in his head - no commitment issues at all. As i said, I'm a huge fan of his, but if he were to go in next few weeks, then no-one will take him serious at all. Good luck to him but I hope for his sake he shows some commitment to the Sarries, at least till the end of the season.

Henson only signed for Sarries until the end of the season anyway, and he's already surplus to requirement
Didn't expect him to move to France but it's to be expected as none of the Aviva teams want him, he walked out on Ospreys and Toulon would probably offer him more than any others

Last edited:
Sarries aren't exactly worried. I'm sure they'll survive without him and while I know people will question his commitment I'm sure this is a deal that suits all parties

As a Sarries fan, even I'm meh. He's never been anything other than a 12, whatever people say. And he's not better than Barritt. So we don't really need him.

Well that's that. Gav's requested to be released from his Sarries contract and they accepted it. Probably be confirmed as a Toulon player in the next day or two.

Well that's that. Gav's requested to be released from his Sarries contract and they accepted it. Probably be confirmed as a Toulon player in the next day or two.

His agent must be getting good at contract release negotiations.
At least I don't have to feel any sort of support to the Sarries.

WHAT THE FUDGIN HELL IS HE DOING!!!! After only 6 weeks and what 4/5 games he already wants to move??? I'm a huge Henson fan, but my lord what does he think he's playing at. Saracens took a huge huge huge gamble by signing him in the first place (i doubt he's cheap to pay either).
There we go i guess, you got the cash to flash, do it. Put bums on seats as they say. But in all seriousness, if he does go before end of season then there is clearly something wrong in his head - no commitment issues at all. As i said, I'm a huge fan of his, but if he were to go in next few weeks, then no-one will take him serious at all. Good luck to him but I hope for his sake he shows some commitment to the Sarries, at least till the end of the season.

Bit OTT isn't it? As someone mentioned surely this would be a deal that suits all parties? Sarries don't really need him so will be glad to get him off the wage packet and Gavs just been restricted to cameo appearances mainly in a position he doesn't play so its not really benefiting him either. A move to Toulon would suit him as there is no doubt that playing in France improves a player's game (Gareth Thomas and Stephen Jones playing for Toulouse and Clermonte Auvergne respectively) and I understand he would be playing at 10 in the absence of Jonny Wilkinson (on England duty) and Felipe Contepomi (currently out injured) which is the position that he desires to play and believes to be his best position. Who knows if he plays well at 10 and silences the critics who doubt his ability at 10 then maybe he could be the one to take over from Stephen Jones when he finally decides to hang up his boots. Though I understand this is a long way off and he would have fierce competition from the likes of Hook, Tovey, Priestland etc.

Pfft. Henson can't even do a half-arsed job in a position he was even once considered a decent international. He'll be a worse fly-half then Andy Farrell.

Pfft. Henson can't even do a half-arsed job in a position he was even once considered a decent international. He'll be a worse fly-half then Andy Farrell.

To be worse at flyhalf than Farrell, thats not an easy feat to achieve! I'd confidently predict that that won't be the case.

At least he can work on his tan in Toulon.

Henson's a waster. He has all the talent in the world but lacks application and the desire to realise his potential.

At least he can work on his tan in Toulon.

Henson's a waster. He has all the talent in the world but lacks application and the desire to realise his potential.

You talking a load of nonsense. How can you question his desire when he has returned to rugby due to his burning desire to represent his country again? :S He definitely hasn't come back for the money as he could quite easily of hung up his boots for good and forged a decent career in television. Very silly thing to say then really, next foolish and totally inaccurate point?

He definitely hasn't come back for the money

So he's not come back for the money, but has decided very suddenly to be released from a contract with a club in a city where he wanted to be for family reasons, and ups sticks for the richest club in the world.

Add that to the fact that he said himself he was coming back because he'd been on unpaid leave for 18 months and needed some cash. No way has he got the brains or charisma to have a decent career in TV. His career prospects beyond rugby will involve whoring himself to the Z-list tabloid culture by selling pictures of his wedding, giving exclusive interviews to OK and being photographed leaving boring 'glam' nightclubs in the West End with Princess Beatrice and Joe Bloggs off Xfactor where the clientele are just as up their own arses as he is.

Pull your head out of the sand.

If Henson wants to play for Wales, how about he doesn't take nearly 2 years out of the game and puts in a bit of effort? How about he doesn't jump ship from a club that gave him a chance after only a month? Henson's a waster.

If Henson wants to play for Wales, how about he doesn't take nearly 2 years out of the game and puts in a bit of effort? How about he doesn't jump ship from a club that gave him a chance after only a month? Henson's a waster.

Im with this guy!

Just pointing this out -

10. Wilkinson
11. Paul Sackey
12. Gavid Henson
13. Mathieu Bastareaud
14. Rudi Wulf
15. Rory Lamont

That looks like a ludacrisly good backline. If Henson wanted to make an impact of the Wales team, he's not going about it the right way.

You talking a load of nonsense. How can you question his desire when he has returned to rugby due to his burning desire to represent his country again? :S He definitely hasn't come back for the money as he could quite easily of hung up his boots for good and forged a decent career in television. Very silly thing to say then really, next foolish and totally inaccurate point?

Why when I read that, do I picture you on the verge of tears?

Last edited:

Latest posts