Hey there

fcbfan

Academy Player
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Sharks
Hi all,

big rugby fan here from Greece, supporter of Stade Toulousain and France plus I have a soft spot for Argentina. I've been lurking for some time and I have finally decided to join.:)

Welcome - I hope you enjoy the place!

Is there much rugby union played in Greece? I know you have some pretty good football and basketball teams.

As the king of all lukers I would like to extend my welcome.

Welcome - I hope you enjoy the place!

Is there much rugby union played in Greece? I know you have some pretty good football and basketball teams.

As the king of all lukers I would like to extend my welcome.

Thanks.:)

Footie and basketball are the most popular sports here, rugby's popularity has increased recently but it is not even close to the popularity of the aforementioned sports.
IMO this is because the major Greek sports clubs/associations do not have rugby teams(all of them are multi-sport clubs). We do have an amateur rugby union domestic championship consisted of 8 teams, the national team is competing in the FIRA Championship D2.

Welcome.

In all my holidays to Greece as a kid I can't recall ever seeing a set of rugby posts.

Welcome.

In all my holidays to Greece as a kid I can't recall ever seeing a set of rugby posts.

Because there aren't many.:p Most teams are based in either Athens or Thessaloniki.

That explains it. Never been there, we went to the islands mostly

Sorry for the double post but I have a question to ask. In some threads my posts do not appear, I guess they need to be approved by a staff member first. Does this happen to all members or just new ones?

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post but I have a question to ask. In some threads my posts do not appear, I guess they need to be approved by a staff member first. Does this happen to all members or just new ones?

I will look into it for you

Maybe the Greeks could get their own Islanders, not as fearsome as the South Pacific ones though I guess.

Latest posts