• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

History of the Forum - a short retrospective

Man, Wikipedia were such a pain to deal with. Their admin were just powermad (takes one to know one!)

That TRF picture on wiki takes me back to when I first joined!

800px-Trf_screenshot.PNG
So vintage!
edit: Oh, just noticed ORothlain is logged in at the top :lol:. I'm dissapointed at the lack of innapropriate tabs open at the top.

Last edited:
I became a member back in 2008 after returning from living abroad and at that stage having a job allowing me to spent a lot of time on this board.
I did caught up with Pete in 2010 and with the Mete and Eze in 2010 - 2011.

Started taking up some responsibility in 2013 on the league part of things as union was so strong represented on the board.
Wouldn't mind catching up with other peeps next time I'm heading over to the UK. Most likely early 2015.

View attachment 3391
So vintage!
edit: Oh, just noticed ORothlain is logged in at the top :lol:. I'm dissapointed at the lack of innapropriate tabs open at the top.

That's how I'll always think of TRF. In fact, if anyone has got screenshots of even older versions please do upload them.

Oh come on, @dasNdanger, you can't just go and change your picture like that! I don't actually read names, I just look at the picture.... It's how I cover up the fact I can't read ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess mine is the pretty standard story too, lurked for a while until something annoyed me enough to create an account sometime before the last WC. Great forum.

@jonny24

LOL! Yeah...I am the same exact way. I *see* better than I *read*. @Big Ewis always messes me up because, not only did he change his name, but he's always changing his avatar. There is usually a theme with his avatars, however, so if I see a goofy picture I just assume it's him. :D

das

Last edited by a moderator:
@jonny24

LOL! Yeah...I am the same exact way. I *see* better than I *read*. @Big Ewis always messes me up because, not only did he change his name, but he's always changing his avatar. There is usually a theme with his avatars, however, so if I see a goofy picture I just assume it's him. :D

hurtful comments...just...*sigh*...hurtful.

(* don't forget countries and clubs too...)
And yes, man is visually oriented...sometimes we read things too quickly or take a pic for gospel. Cool avatar das ;)

hurtful comments...just...*sigh*...hurtful.

(* don't forget countries and clubs too...)
And yes, man is visually oriented...sometimes we read things too quickly or take a pic for gospel. Cool avatar das ;)

Thanks - I love the minions...they remind me so much of ...well...of men. :D

And I do notice your countries and clubs changing, too. I figure you're just fickle.

:)

Back on topic: I think it's interesting to see how the forum has changed. When I first came here there were different features (the 'betting' thing, for one), and sig pictures and stuff. I don't miss those things. Even though I love sig pictures they do slow down my computer, so not having them makes this an easy forum to navigate.

I just wish we could have bigger avatars and change our ***les at will (I don't think we can do that, can we?). That would make up for not having sig pictures. :)

Also, I know that going off-topic in threads is frowned upon, but I personally have found it to be the case that when a few posters do go off-topic it seems to build a bit of camaraderie amongst the users here, which only goes to strengthen the community (imho). Just as long as the off-topic is confined to a few posts and doesn't continue on for pages I think it's an asset rather than a...ya know...the opposite of an asset. ;) (Sorry, my English failed me there...)

das

Last edited:
Personally, I got fed up with the cellar dwellers and keyboard warriors on Yahoo Eurosports news. Became impossible to have a proper discussion without some halfwit in their parents basement interrupting threads with (pick a)phobic comments.
Did a search for 'rugby forums' and surprisingly enough, found this place.

Found the same thing on 606 glad they closed it down in the end.

Don't know if its been mentioned but TRF have appealed to the members for donations on occasions to keep the forum going.

Latest posts