• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Horse racing game (Sidhe)??

N

NZL Fan

Noticed on the official rugby league 2 forum that Mario has confirmed that the third game the company is currently producing is a horse racing game..............

Any fans of the original Japanese horse racing games here??

The games sound as dull as dishwater, but the one I ended up playing (G1 jockey 3) was an excellent gaming experience. Nothing like having your horse work its way through the field and finish with a final speed burst to win that big race......

....maybe Mario can confirm if it is in the traditional Japanese style of horse racing games or not??

yeah ive got G1 Jockey 3. its cool! they're bringing out a Breeders Cup game in September. Apparently its meant to be the most realistic horse game made. Options range from breeding & training your own horses, to betting & racing

I have owned all horse racing games on ps2

G1 Jockey
G1 Jockey 3
Gallop Racer
Gallop Racer2

Gallop Racer 2 is the benchmark of horse racing games............I have played this game more than any other apart from GT4.

If Sidhe are to make a good horse racing game, they have to match Gallop Racer with features and NOT include the cartoony jap style presentation

Mario - if u are making a horse racing game, have u bothered to see Gallop Racer 2, what it offers and what can make it better

You may want to speak to these guys

http://pub18.ezboard.com/bgallopracerseries

because if u cannot include these guys and their online racing league, its a massive setback!

Remember - the key to horse racing games is that u cannot finish one.....u can win all the races and all the horse ***les............. if u have breeding, getting that better horse keeps u coming back for the online league..there's NO END.

Evolution and bloodlines with breeding MUST be included, otherwise no competition for Gallop Racer2

Mario

I have searched the sidhe forums about the new Thoroughbred beast

All talk is comparing to G1 Jockey

surely Gallop Racer is NOT an unknown game to these people

G1 jockey hasnt got a patch on Gallop Racer 2

Originally posted by ak47@May 31 2005, 12:30 PM
Mario

Hopefully its more a merger between the two: The options of gallop racer with the more "serious" or "realistic" racing of G1 jockey.............

Originally posted by NZL fan+May 31 2005, 04:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ May 31 2005, 04:05 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@May 31 2005, 12:30 PM
Mario

Hopefully its more a merger between the two: The options of gallop racer with the more "serious" or "realistic" racing of G1 jockey............. [/b]
precisley

G1 visuals, and simulised racing
Gallop everything else
and a race call!!!!!!!!!

A race call from a recognised Australasian announcer would be great..........

Someone has a pic of the game (taken from tv) on the Sidhe website - looking good...........

Originally posted by NZL fan@May 31 2005, 04:17 PM
A race call from a recognised Australasian announcer would be great..........

Someone has a pic of the game (taken from tv) on the Sidhe website - looking good...........
oh NZL...........pls dont tempt me

JOHNNY TAP
KENNY CALENDAR

MUZZ - GET EM ON BOARD!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3296009a1899,00.html

Note: Do you think Mario is trying to compete with that tosser from HB studios photo??............(who's a pretty boy then
<
)..........

lol thats classis Mario you poser. Things seem to be going well fo Sidhe a second league game gripshift which looks like to be good and now a horse racing game as well.

Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd (HES) today announced the development of a new horse racing videogame, Melbourne Cup Challenge for PS2, Xbox and PC.

â€The Emirates Melbourne Cup is the race that stops the nationâ€, said David Robles, Business Development Manager for HES. “We will deliver the same level of excitement, passion, and glamour of the horse racing industry through Melbourne Cup Challengeâ€.

Victoria Racing Club Chief Executive, Dale Monteith, whose organisation stages the Emirates Melbourne Cup at Flemington said “The Club is delighted to be associated with Home Entertainment Suppliers. We hope the game will help spread the word about Australia’s most famous race to a new audience in Australia and around the world.

“The game will no doubt excite players and encourage them to come to Flemington. I’m sure it will be well received by game players looking for a challenge and the chance to own their very own Melbourne Cup winner, even if it is only in a virtual environmentâ€, Monteith said.

The features of Melbourne Cup Challenge include -

* Official licenses including access to the Emirates Melbourne Cup Race, Flemington Race Course, Classic Caulfield, The Caulfield Cup, Royal Ascot Race Course, leading jockey Frankie Dettori, and more.

* Multiplayer online play for all platforms, allowing competitive and friendly play over the Internet.

* Multiple game modes including Career Mode, Jockey Challenge and Betting Party.

* In depth Career Mode including auctions, horse breeding, training, and stable management.

* Highly detailed graphics including realistic horses and jockeys, weather effects, and accurately modelled Australian and international racecourses.

* Lifelike horse and jockey animation, motion captured by Weta Digital, the VFX wizards behind The Lord of the Rings movie trilogy.

“Our studio is delighted to be working on another strong sports franchise with HES†said Mario Wynands, Managing Director of Sidhe Interactive, the development studio behind the ***le. “Melbourne Cup Challenge is an opportunity for us to raise the bar in the horse racing gaming genre by providing ease of accessibility and superior graphical realismâ€.

Melbourne Cup Challenge is expected for release on PS2, Xbox and PC in Australasia in November 2005 under ‘Tru Blu Games’, the publishing division of HES. The ***le will also be released in Europe under the name “Frankie Dettori Racingâ€.

Got that from Videogames.co.nz

brilliant kaftka
brilliant sidhe

this is all brilliants!!!!!!

i cant wait for this

judging by the pics i can ascertain the following

we have
turf and dirt
multiple track types - fast, slow, dead, etc
unless it 14 furlongs, its the 1400m mark
horse kits - nose rolls, blinkers, bands etc

MC Challenge incorporating benchmark touches - CHECK

good stuff!

u can tell its on another level

liscensing with Dettori must have cost a mint!!!

might have to watch this one looks good an multiplayer online racing would be awesome

Latest posts