• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How can I play J.Lomu Rugby on PC with XP ?

K

kinu

Hello !

When I was young :wacko: I've played a lot (big lot !!!) with JLR on my PC (with Win95 or 98)... When I upgrade to Windows XP, my JLR didn't work... and I put it in this case... since, I played last week on a PS1 version !!! How great it was !!!! So, here is my question :

Is that possible to make JLR works on WIN XP ????? I've searched a lot on google... and nothing !

Thanks to help a poor french player... (with his poor english ;-) )

Cheers

Hello !

When I was young :wacko: I've played a lot (big lot !!!) with JLR on my PC (with Win95 or 98)... When I upgrade to Windows XP, my JLR didn't work... and I put it in this case... since, I played last week on a PS1 version !!! How great it was !!!! So, here is my question :

Is that possible to make JLR works on WIN XP ????? I've searched a lot on google... and nothing !

Cheers
[/b]

Yes it is possible. I downloaded it and played it in my PC with XP. A DOS Window opens automatically.
And, yes, it`s a superb game. Cheers

Hello !

Cheers
[/b]

Well.. I'm very disapointed !!! My orignal CD-rom of JLR doesn't work !!!! Must I change something in the dos config ??? Must I download it ? (I can, I've got the original One !!)... Thanks to help me, if U've some info...

Cheers

Can't you get a Genesis/Saturn/PS1 emulator and try to find the rom/file to go with it?

I have Snes9x and Gens, which are excellent, however JLR was not released on Nintendo. I hadn't looked for JLR in the gens roms though.

But, i hear it was released for the saturn, and maybe genesis so you maybe in luck with the saturn emulator.

I bought it the other day from Gstation for 99p I couldnt believe it, but it doesn't seem to work on Vista for some reason. I'll try what you said though.

You could try with these, they usually do the trick:
DosBox
Vmware or Virtual PC

OK cheers, I'll let you know how I get on with them.

Oh, how I miss JLR.....:(

http://www.mondemul.net/iso.php?type=psx&jeu=375

Voila comme t es francais ça sera plus simple pour toi l explication en francais. donc tu as l adresse du site avec les liens pour telecharger le jeu sur playstation 1 ensuite sur le meme site tu va sur la console playstation ou psx dans les menus a gauche et tu telecharges cette fois l emulateur que tu devras installer sur le pc puis bon jeu

Je te confirme ça marche j ai telechargé le jeu (compressé en 17 fichiers winrar que tu regrouperas) sur le site donné dans le post precedent, bon il est en anglais mais c est pas compliqué par contre il faudra que tu télécharges l emulateur epsxe 1.6 et le bios qui va avec

ah oui faut aussi penser a regler l emulateur pour ralentir le jeu tu mets 60 fps et cocher la case limit pfs voila si tu y arrive pas recherche sur google pour ralentir les jeux sur emulateur psx

Man, i remember that game, it was an awesome game in its day.
I loved the fact that codemasters had hidden teams or you could play as the british lions.....unlike EA`s rugby 08 which is by the way...too damn easy for me and im not even that good!!

Man, i remember that game, it was an awesome game in its day.
I loved the fact that codemasters had hidden teams or you could play as the british lions.....unlike EA`s rugby 08 which is by the way...too damn easy for me and im not even that good!! [/b]

true. seeing that rugby 08 is only 1.51 Go ... which is very poor compared to many actual games ... and nothing to unlock (if you except these crap things with the challenges), no legends teams ... pffffffff. fortunatly we have great modders on this forum, they make the game better.

JLR has been the best rugby game for a very long time. i loved the team with all jonah lomus !!! or the one with the big guy and the very little :p .

Voila comme t es francais ça sera plus simple pour toi l explication en francais. donc tu as l adresse du site avec les liens pour telecharger le jeu sur playstation 1 ensuite sur le meme site tu va sur la console playstation ou psx dans les menus a gauche et tu telecharges cette fois l emulateur que tu devras installer sur le pc puis bon jeu

[/b]

ca marche pas ton lien ...

i bought the game off ebay for a whopping 99p, but had this same problem - my computer was too 'new'. i have tried quite a few emulators etc. but nothing seems to work.

I was told after contacting the makers of JLR that the Dos on XP is only an imitation of what the old Dos was - XP does not work through the same Dos system, and only provides a superficial version.

<div class='quotemain'> Man, i remember that game, it was an awesome game in its day.
I loved the fact that codemasters had hidden teams or you could play as the british lions.....unlike EA`s rugby 08 which is by the way...too damn easy for me and im not even that good!! [/b]

true. seeing that rugby 08 is only 1.51 Go ... which is very poor compared to many actual games ... and nothing to unlock (if you except these crap things with the challenges), no legends teams ... pffffffff. fortunatly we have great modders on this forum, they make the game better.

JLR has been the best rugby game for a very long time. i loved the team with all jonah lomus !!! or the one with the big guy and the very little :p .

[/b]

ca marche pas ton lien ...

[/b][/quote]

Moi il marche bien le lien faut juste s incrire

This is a stupid question perhaps, but can the PC version of JLR be edited?

Because if it could and a way to play it on PC could work, it'd be just too good for words.

To be honest I think it may be possible but its whether it has already been done, cos I doubt whether anyone would be interested in doing in now, however great a game it was, i am afraid it is passed it...

Latest posts