• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How times have changed...

J

Juggernaut

SCENARIO: Jack starts a fight with John at school.

THEN: A large group of boys form around the two, they beat the **** out of each other, they shake hands and the next day they are best mates.

NOW: The police are called. They arrest John and Jack. All cellular phones with videos of the fight are confiscated as evidence. Both are charged with assault. Both are suspended, even though Jack started the fight. The parents are summoned for consultation and the other children who saw the fight get trauma counselling. The video of the fight is available on YouTube.

SCENARIO: Jack disrupts the class because he cannot sit down and shut up.

THEN: Jack gets a hiding. He can still not sit down because his arse got a spanking, but he shuts up, finishes school and becomes a successful businessman.

NOW: Jack is is tested for ADD then put on Ritalin because he is hyperactive. He becomes a zombie. Jack cannot cope and leaves school in the 8th grade.

SCENARIO: Jack fails English at school.

THEN: He attends extra English classes, passes school and graduates from university.

NOW: The teacher is blamed for the failure. A local human right's group takes up his case. They determine that compulsory English at school is blatant racism. It becomes a major political issue. A case is made against the school and the Department of Education. English is removed from the curriculum. Jack's passes school very well, but mows lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

SCENARIO: Jack falls and scuffs his knee during break. His teacher dries his tears, cleans the knee and gives him a hug.

THEN: Jack soon feels better and by second break he is running around again.

NOW: Jack's teacher is accused of being a paedophile. She loses her job. She receives a suspended sentence. Jack receives therapy for all his life.

Damn, I really miss that perfect world [/b]

Well, could be wrong but that sounds like sarcasm. If so, well fair enough, but there was a lot right with that world. I grew up as it changed gradually when I was 15-16 and onwards so I am in a decent, not perfect place to judge.

There was a lot right about things back then. Not all, but definitely some.

I think modern society totally ignores what came before and rights off some of the good things which came with the bad.

Yeah, Craig I've noticed a very predictable trend in the older generations. I call it the 'When I was young syndrome'. For Instance if you grew up in the 1940's you'd say The Zombies played 'real' music. If grew up in the 1960's you'd say The Beatles played 'real' music. 1980's you'd say Queen. And so on.

There HUNDREDS of examples like this.

The kid in who failed English scenario might have dyslexia, something people 'back in the day' didn't know existed.

The 'THEN' scenarios are the best case scenarios

And the 'NOW' scenarios are the worst case scenarios

This could of been done in a humorous manner, but it was done in an over exaggerated serious way.

Which makes it a hunk of ****

A kid fails English and it eventually becomes a huge political issue?

WTF?!

Yes, that issue is completely irrelevant and deserves your scorn, the heart of the point remains.

You will find (and I can promise you I doubted this myself) that you yourself will find that some 10-11 years will pass and you will say that there is much that the 2008 offered that 2018-2019 has got wrong. Mind you like all youth, (myself included, looking back) you will possibly doubt this and trust your mind will hold resolute forever whilst eternally doubting experience until your day rolls around.

A Monk in the 16 (or was it the fourteenth?) wrote down a long complaint on some scrap paper while he was copying a book (since that was what monks did back then, it wasn't until the presses were invented that they started making beer and cheese) about 'kids these days, they have no discipline and how on earth do they dress' and something more.

I think it's a normal thing to complain about how it used to be better, when you were young.
Just a thought though :)

NOW: Jack's teacher is accused of being a paedophile. She loses her job. She receives a suspended sentence. Jack receives therapy for all his life. [/b]

Impossible, modern thinking says that Women cannot be pheadophiles. Loose women who break the law by having sex with underage boys maybe not according to the liberal establishment they are not pheadophiles.

Total bullshit I know but thats what happens when a feminist's head explodes.

<div class='quotemain'> All cellular phones with videos of the fight are confiscated as evidence. [/b]

And rightly so.

[/b][/quote]

Screw that lol im not giving my phone to whomever! i'd say nah bro i'll bluetooth your evidence!

<div class='quotemain'>
NOW: Jack's teacher is accused of being a paedophile. She loses her job. She receives a suspended sentence. Jack receives therapy for all his life. [/b]

Impossible, modern thinking says that Women cannot be pheadophiles. Loose women who break the law by having sex with underage boys maybe not according to the liberal establishment they are not pheadophiles.

Total bullshit I know but thats what happens when a feminist's head explodes.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah man thats the truth it's bs how woman get away with that ****. I mean I'd probbably be in jail if right now if I actually accepted any of the underage pussy that was thrown at me. Not that I would have hit it if it was legal anyway. I guess it's because men accept it more than woman because my cousin is about 13 and he's hitting a 18-19 old chick. I gotta give him his props though. If my son done the same thing I wouldnt know wether to be proud or to kick his ass.

THEN: A large group of boys form around the two, they beat the **** out of each other, they shake hands and the next day they are best mates.

NOW: The police are called. They arrest John and Jack. All cellular phones with videos of the fight are confiscated as evidence. Both are charged with assault. Both are suspended, even though Jack started the fight. The parents are summoned for consultation and the other children who saw the fight get trauma counselling. The video of the fight is available on YouTube.

[/b]

Oh **** yes! people have become soft if they are going to have a fight let them 'av it it will get it out of there system and they can get on with it.

"Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parent, gobble their food, and tyrannise their teachers."

-Socrates

THEN: A large group of boys form around the two, they beat the **** out of each other, they shake hands and the next day they are best mates.[/b]

********, unless you're a public schoolboy who rolled up their sleeves and cried "put up your jukes" and minced about like a ponce.

THEN: Jack gets a hiding. He can still not sit down because his arse got a spanking, but he shuts up, finishes school and becomes a successful businessman.[/b]

or becomes a labourer, factory worker or miner who works all week, comes home to his wife drunk and beats the kids in the vain hope they don't follow in his footsteps (violence breeds violence).

Other two aren't even worth commenting on but I do love that Socrates quote! :)

THEN: Jack gets a hiding. He can still not sit down because his arse got a spanking, but he shuts up, finishes school and becomes a successful businessman.[/b]

or becomes a labourer, factory worker or miner who works all week, comes home to his wife drunk and beats the kids in the vain hope they don't follow in his footsteps (violence breeds violence).[/b]

I don't think a future labourer/miner would have found himself in that situatyion, unless the situation whas wholly different over there. I know in Belgium/Spain people who became miners had no education, I'm not sure how many were literate at the time, but I'm guessing it weren't all that many.

So in that respect the 'then' scenario sounds plausible.

No, everybody had basic education here - the mines are virtually all closed now anyway so it's neither here nor there.

Just because someone can read it doesn't mean they will automatically become successful, especially in the past as there are now more opportunities for gaining a large amount of personal wealth.

Countless studies have shown that people who were brought up in a violent atmosphere often go on to continue the trend. Cycle of abuse and all that Jazz...

NOW: The police are called. They arrest John and Jack. All cellular phones with videos of the fight are confiscated as evidence. Both are charged with assault. Both are suspended, even though Jack started the fight. The parents are summoned for consultation and the other children who saw the fight get trauma counselling. The video of the fight is available on YouTube. [/b]

Haven't been to Napier Boy's recently then - still the highlight of the average lunchtime. Than again we don't have Cellphones in Napier... and what the f*** is a Youtube?

All it requires is a change in tactics: make it perfectly clear that if anyone were to find out about the confrontation, the offending snitch would be considered thoroughly un-manly, and probably beaten up by a large crowd.

I'm lucky, my school's full of stuck up pricks who think they can fight because daddy paid for some karate lessons... great fun.

Latest posts