• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How to determine RU's Number 1 !

G

GreenRevolution

South Africa are the IRB Number 1 (a ranking started in '03) But how do you determine who are the TOP DOGS in the international rugby union arena ? History, performance, statistics ? It seems South Africa are well and truly ahead when we look a little deeper. Current form has the Springboks as undisputed NUMBER 1's, with Australia as the only Double RWC ***le holders. History has England as original home of Rugby from the town of RUGBY in 1823. England have a dismall WIN RATIO and over the near 200 years of their history battle to reach a 50% ratio. TWO (2) teams break the 70% mark. ONLY South Africa and New Zealand. If you then examine the historical data a wee bit finer you see South Africa breaks into the undisputed LEAD ! The Cape Colony pre-dates Australia & New Zealand by a couple hundred years, the first Colonials of 1488 & 1652 contributing to the establishment of a booming population in 1800 reportedly 70% larger than that of OZ & NZ combined at THAT time ! In 1830 rugby union was FIRST to Southern Africa's Cape Colony, then Oz, and then New Zealand (becoming a Colony only late in 1870'ish). By that time South Africans had raked up a legacy of rugby history including 1st places across a wide spectrum achievement. That these have been erased by the fact that South Africa was NOT a single Nation until 1910 is inconsequential... the Rugby Union facts remain... South Africa has far MORE tests and internationals than thought before. Factor these into the current STATS and South Africa ROCKETS up the charts. BEST win ratio - South Africa, 1st International - South Africa, 1st Overseas Tour - South Africa, 1st NON BRITISH born team - South Africa, 1st NON WHITE team - South Africa.... undoubtably the GREATEST rugby union team in over the near 200 years of the existence of rugby union... the SPRINGBOKS ! (I'll give the Kiwi's 10-20 year of that 200 years...but the truth is rugby union is GREEN !) Springbok rugby is RUGBY !

thxmr2.jpg

how do we determine TopDogs in rugby union?

i'm sure there is some sort of competition for this. a world trophy, or all nations cup or something. there might even have been a tournament like that recently. i wonder who won.

Irish... I'll take abuse off the Kiwi's and maybe even the Aussies... you ? arsewit NO ? Get to rugby practice ...

actually i have hurling later so i dont think i will. i really hate someone who thinks just because their country is currently succesful theyre always gonna be so. remember the last 2 times Sa came to dublin? get a bit of cop on no one really cares about 200 years ago in rugby terms all that matters is now and atm South Africa are the strongest side in the world (and yes New Zealand are still a stronger rugby playing nation IMO)

South Africa are the IRB Number 1 (a ranking started in '03) But how do you determine who are the TOP DOGS in the international rugby union arena ? History, performance, statistics ? It seems South Africa are well and truly ahead when we look a little deeper. Current form has the Springboks as undisputed NUMBER 1's, with Australia as the only Double RWC ***le holders. History has England as original home of Rugby from the town of RUGBY in 1823. England have a dismall WIN RATIO and over the near 200 years of their history battle to reach a 50% ratio. TWO (2) teams break the 70% mark. ONLY South Africa and New Zealand. If you then examine the historical data a wee bit finer you see South Africa breaks into the undisputed LEAD ! The Cape Colony pre-dates Australia & New Zealand by a couple hundred years, the first Colonials of 1488 & 1652 contributing to the establishment of a booming population in 1800 reportedly 70% larger than that of OZ & NZ combined at THAT time ! In 1830 rugby union was FIRST to Southern Africa's Cape Colony, then Oz, and then New Zealand (becoming a Colony only late in 1870'ish). By that time South Africans had raked up a legacy of rugby history including 1st places across a wide spectrum achievement. That these have been erased by the fact that South Africa was NOT a single Nation until 1910 is inconsequential... the Rugby Union facts remain... South Africa has far MORE tests and internationals than thought before. Factor these into the current STATS and South Africa ROCKETS up the charts. BEST win ratio - South Africa, 1st International - South Africa, 1st Overseas Tour - South Africa, 1st NON BRITISH born team - South Africa, 1st NON WHITE team - South Africa.... undoubtably the GREATEST rugby union team in over the near 200 years of the existence of rugby union... the SPRINGBOKS ! (I'll give the Kiwi's 10-20 year of that 200 years...but the truth is rugby union is GREEN !) Springbok rugby is RUGBY ! [/b]

You're a bok fan aren't you? Any Kiwi fan can just march along and turn the tables on you. Sure you've won the world cup. you're best in the world. for now. now shut up and stop being a git. stop gobbing off and use that verbal diarrhea you have and contribute back home where theres the first spark of RWC and Race issues.

And the grollies you spit out the back of your throat are green as well :)

Can't do anything but laugh at anyone spouting such utter ********.

If I was South African I'd be ashamed to share my nation with you. 99% of the Bok fans have been terrific winners, yet you seem determined to **** all over their success.

This guy is yanking your chains and getting a kick out of it because none of you can spot he's taking the ****. I even doubt that he is South African. Springbok fan maybe, South African defenitely not

The huge number of people he is talking about being fathered by the first settlers wouldn't have been allowed to play rugby because they weren't white.

Clearly little Hitler here has got it in it's head that stats and history make a great nation.

My advice is to let the rep do the talkin. If you've always wondered what that little - sign means...nows the time to find out. ...

Oh sweet Jesus, he`s back for more.

GreenRestitution, a little word of advice in life- if you want to throw around little rants like that, by all means type it if it helps you to deal with feelings of inadequacy. But please my good man, don`t press the "post" button. You`re only embarrasing yourself,

And do please get your facts straight too. I mean, 1488 colonials? Jeepers, now you tell me my history books were up to shite back in school?

yes, judging by your AGE, your history books (the ones you no doubt never read) were fek'ed... and secondly PORTUGUESE numbers in the Southern Africa region are very under estimated 1488 saw plenty of Portuguese 'colonising' the East Coast of Africa FACT... thirdly you're a Dumb fek, Jefferies Bay... please... lastly ... wtf... you are NO South African, must be a blow in... any Eastern Caper worth his salt knows more than you... on your doorstep... look it up... 1795 - Gamtoos River Mouth... Col Gordon... The Pidgeon. Eastern Cape had a population of 5000 Brits before 1800 and PE was bigger than Sydney ! Truth, read a book china ! And dont patronise me... your my huckleberry you J-Bay twat !

Moderator Prestwick says:

wildstarsa0.jpg

GreenRestitution you are right ! But don't waste your time on these PILLOCKS... they probably don't know more than the history of the last 10 minutes of their WASTED lives... South African history is richer & the Rugby Union roots in South Africa are deeper than OZ & NZ we ALL know that... don't waste your breath trying to convince this arses... their brainwashed into their own TEAMS... the PERFECT FANS !

That's it ********, first off you were being a knob, now you're using aliases.

Banned.

Moderator Prestwick says:
143hn2.jpg

Oh no, there's two of him! How is it possible? :rolleyes:

Agreeing with your own post - how vain is that?

Oh no, there's two of him! How is it possible? :rolleyes:

Agreeing with your own post - how vain is that?
[/b]

Perhaps im thick but I ant got a clue what this Greenprostitution blokes on about?
Didnt that Webb Ellis chap first play Rugby in Rugby in England and im sure it was later than the fifteen hundreds.

Latest posts