• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

how would u guys go about getting a 6 pack?

C

Cusker

i have being trying 2 get a 6 pack seriously for about 3 months now i have been doing sit-ups every day now morning and night adding 10 more on after every week now i started on 100 now i am on 220,been to the gym,kickboxing and rugby training but there is little change.Could u guys tell me if i am doing anything wrong or isit just 1 of those things that takes time?

i read that no matter how hard some people try they cant seem to get one.. because their body just isnt made that way

so either that or you just havent been working them long enough yet

try these

1) quarter sit ups: normal sit up postitions, but ise up only about a quarter of the way.

2) thrusts: lie down. then lift ur legs into the air so that u r now lying on ur shoulders. ur body should form an "L" shape with ur legs are perpendicular to the ground. now push ur legs into the ait using ur abdomen. lower down and repeat

3) leg lifting. lie flat on the ground. lift ur legs up 45 degrees to the ground, without bending them at the knees. hold, until u feel that acidic burn, then hold it somemore. now its important u lower ur legs down to the starting position WITHOUT bending them. and do it slowly. negative resistance training is just as about as important as the act of lifting it up. dont send ur legs crashing to the ground

4) crunches. lift ur legs onto an elevated object.. start ur sit ups

now the most important thing is to keep at it. i know how it aches the next day when u cant laugh or sneeze or even cough. try using the pyramid formula. i.e. start at 20 sit up. break. 35 sit ups. break 25 sit up. abs are one of the hardest to train and tone. it takes a heck of a long time. i know. it took me 6 months for the top 2 to show. and another 2 for the bottom 6 to show.

u can also try sitting up in such a manner tt ur left elbow touches ur right kneecap.the twistingof the torso shld start the moment u lift ur uppder body.this is to tone the obliques. those muscels beside the abs.

and try not to do too many a day, ur body and muscles will be "tolerant" of ur say,200 sit ups per day, and u'll just have to increase it. u have to work the entire abdominal area out.

work smart not hard

CHEERS MATE!

all those ab exercises are fine... you have to do those

more importantly you must eat properly and get your body fat under 10%
bodybuilding.com for more info

swimming will benefit your ab muscles greatly
if you are taking a protein supplement you will find t much harder to get

Thnx for all your help guys.No i don't take protein supplements aint gonna go near them.

Originally posted by Bull@Aug 15 2006, 11:06 PM
When I saw the heading I thought you were talking about beer! Sorry. ;)
he is as far as i am concerned

normally weigh up what type of lager i have a taste for

try and find a loose $12.00 in change around the house

are we feeling a little quizacle - then we buy Carlton Draugh or VB for the questions in the bottle cap - fun whilst drinking

are we feeling adventureous - then we buy some random brand from overseas

are we feeling weak - never.......thus light beer out of the question

are we ready for a big one - then we buy Tooheys Extra Dry as a starter

The best way to get a 6 pack is just rock into ur local bottlo with atleast $15.00.........you have 1 in no time - no situps required :p

Seriously though try those sit-ups where u dangling upsidedown, and gravity is also against you

Originally posted by ak47+Aug 16 2006, 09:50 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Bull
@Aug 15 2006, 11:06 PM
When I saw the heading I thought you were talking about beer! Sorry. ;)
he is as far as i am concerned

normally weigh up what type of lager i have a taste for

try and find a loose $12.00 in change around the house

are we feeling a little quizacle - then we buy Carlton Draugh or VB for the questions in the bottle cap - fun whilst drinking

are we feeling adventureous - then we buy some random brand from overseas

are we feeling weak - never.......thus light beer out of the question

are we ready for a big one - then we buy Tooheys Extra Dry as a starter

The best way to get a 6 pack is just rock into ur local bottlo with atleast $15.00.........you have 1 in no time - no situps required :p

Seriously though try those sit-ups where u dangling upsidedown, and gravity is also against you [/b]
try not to squeeze too hard though :ranting: , ur head might just pop. :lol:

i thought u were talkin about beer..

well anyway for me i was juss born with it i had a 6 pack before i hit yr 6..i dunno it could be mah body

but i laugh alot..or it could be because i started rugby at an early age...

Latest posts