• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Howlett or Caucau?

Who is the most potent weapon on the wing in World League/Rugby 2005?

• Caucaunibuca

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Howlett

• Other

• Total voters
L

Los Lover

I have played wit both and feel it is Caucaunibuca.....

I share this one story:

Blues v Northampton - Knockout semi-final......

I have waited for this moment and so has a crowd of 96,000 who have piled into the stadium to see Howlett v Caucau....

Howlett starts with a great try.....backing himself down the sideline and stepping out of a desperate Caucau panicked grab..

caucau settles.....

Caucaunibuca strikes.......five times.

His fifth my greatest try ever -

Five metres off my line Pichot throws a bullet pass to me at first receiver, I dummy back to the inside line runner but opt outside with a skip ball....BOD catches and runs straight inside a defender and throws a ball outside, around the back, sucking in two defenders as they bring him to ground........It is Niekirk who is away but, unlike other forwards, he has some two and nous....he goes in and away with a fend that sends him free and staggering towards the side-line...he corrects and comes within a centimetre of the side-line as he breaks away out of the 22 with a loping run......no support...or...is...there? Niekirk throws a behind the back ball in-field to Caucau who has bent back inside him at the speed of a fighter jet.....despite all this, there is nothing really on.....there are four potential tacklers who have jumbled in on him......Howlett, Atiga, Muliaina and Braid......Caucau swerves inside Howlett and outside Atiga like they are schoolboys leaving Atinga for dead and forcing Howlett into a desperate dive....Caucau slips it and heads downtown when a FB appears suddenly and Rokocoko appears coming from the other wing to assist it must surely be over....nope. Caucau puts in a grubber and burns Muliaina like compost before putting in the soccer kick that hits Joe square in the face and rebounds straight into caucau's bread basket...he jink steps clean between the two bewildered backs as he goes the remaining 50 metres to thearea that lies directly beneath the black dot.

However some rate Howlett higher.
<
he did score my first try on Normal off the kick-off..untouched 70 metres!! I was like, ha! this is **** - final score I lost 42-5!!
Now even hard is a joke with the likes of a Caucau or a howlett in the team.

But who's better?
<

I'm a Howlett fan personally. I think he has better hands overall, which does help. Haven't played as much with Caucau, I just generally like Howlett.

meh....this thread should be labelled Edam or Stilton.........It reeks of cheese
<

sup los... man dont u have nething better to do than to write essay after essay ?? !!!!geez get out more often !!

Originally posted by candybum@Apr 6 2005, 09:17 AM
sup los... man dont u have nething better to do than to write essay after essay ?? !!!!geez get out more often !!
hey cadyarse you waterboy punk ass ***** - I type fast and have much to say....

Why don't you and cavan with your one line half-arsed excuses for posts (jnstead of making heaps of little posts to rack up numbers..why not get it out in one go) just f*** off? If it's too long for you and you're not interested...but you still read it and reply to it....what kind of a loser does that make you buddy?

Originally posted by cavan@Apr 6 2005, 07:10 AM
meh....this thread should be labelled Edam or Stilton.........It reeks of cheese
<
Yeah we got your repetitive cheese joke re: fast wingers.....why don't you come up with something different numb nuts?

i can score game winning tries with both of them with no seconds left and running it out from inside my goal line.

But i say howlett because he has overall skill.

Originally posted by ALLBLACKS@Apr 6 2005, 05:03 PM
i can score game winning tries with both of them with no seconds left and running it out from inside my goal line.

But i say howlett because he has overall skill.
Fair enough...

I ahd Blues team with Caucaunibuca placed back into the squad and I can promise you that Caucaunibuca was more devastating than Howlett......his pace is 97...and that two point gap will allow for some pretty crazy **** I'll tell you!!

Howlet is definitely v good though.....
<

i chose caucau coz like los said....<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
.his pace is 97...and that two point gap will allow for some pretty crazy ****[/b]
its true.

that does'nt make howlett bad....caucau is jus a teeny weeny better.
<
<

Originally posted by hurricane13@Apr 6 2005, 01:15 AM
CAUCAU by far i scored 7 tries in 1 game with him
I've done that with Jason Robinson. I would have said 'other' in the poll, and listed Robinson as my favourite, but I generally prefer to play him at fullback for rapid counter-attacks.

Howlett, Speeds are roughly equal but Howlett has better acceleration, that extra burst of speed makes a world of difference.

But in real life it is a different matter entirely

ive found that caucau hardery ever drops a pass. no more than anyone else in particular anyway. i think hes the best in the game, but good thing hes on the left and howletts on the right!
<

but in world league i like to choose players who arnt stars though. or else i have to use the same team every year. but it looks like i might have to on hard
<

Originally posted by Los Lover+Apr 6 2005, 03:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Apr 6 2005, 03:03 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-cavan
@Apr 6 2005, 07:10 AM
<
Yeah we got your repetitive cheese joke re: fast wingers.....why don't you come up with something different numb nuts? [/b]
Don't worry cavan, I appreciated your joke.
<

ohata scored 6 tries for me in the super12...hes ipoint better than caucau....but recreated sereli bobo who i believe is the fastest player in world rugby...

i pushed him up to 99speed and 98 acceleration and 91 aglity..but hes really really dumb so all his other stats r lowered.....

BOBO IS DA FASTEST

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Apr 6 2005, 09:43 PM
ohata scored 6 tries for me in the super12...hes ipoint better than caucau....but recreated sereli bobo who i believe is the fastest player in world rugby...

i pushed him up to 99speed and 98 acceleration and 91 aglity..but hes really really dumb so all his other stats r lowered.....

BOBO IS DA FASTEST
<

pumped-up Sireli! Awesome!! hehe....did you make him all tall and loping and giraffe-like? man that sucka is fast!!

Yeah I've got Onahota (Ohata) on my bench with Caucau and recreated Rico Gear (mullet hair etc - 96 speed) are on the paddock for WL team....

But there all too fast to have competitive games I reckon...especially if you have BOD and O'Driscoll distributing! It's too easy.....damn it! Score great tries though!

Ohata does sometimes drop ball and either agility or acceleration is not good.

When he's not in the clear though....still...when he is......he's gone!
<

Howlett has better acceleration? By how much? Must check.......I know some of Howlett's stats do benefit from him doubling as a fullback...

But Caucau has something....he makes you feel guilty...

"That's his fifth try of the game!"

etc.....

Originally posted by Los Lover@Apr 6 2005, 11:56 AM
But there all too fast to have competitive games I reckon...especially if you have BOD and O'Driscoll distributing! It's too easy.....damn it! Score great tries though!
That's interesting, managing to have the same player in both centre positions. I know he's good, but that's pushing it a bit even for him.

Having now purchased Caucau for my WL team just so I can compare him with Howlett, I still prefer the Kiwi. His extra acceleration makes all the difference, and once he's gone through the gap at the pace he can, no one is going to catch him, even if they do have 1 or 2 more speed points.

ohata cant tackle cant do much of anything but run and in this game kicking skills or anything like that dont matter really if so howlett would be way better cause he can clear better for those situations when you dont want to run and you left stranded with the ball if that ever happens lol.

but yea howlett and caucau are the two best wingers in the game ohata has great speed but a winger just has to run at you and hell get a break cause ohata cant tackle.

Latest posts