Hugo Southwell to Paris

Discussion in 'Top 14 & Rugby Pro D2' started by Stillknox, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Stillknox

Stillknox Guest

http://www.stade.fr/actualite/article/view/7282

Good signing for the calendar, at least... he will replace Ignacio Corleto who will probably quit next year because of his injuries... he hasn't played a single game this season.  :wah:

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. cyRil

cyRil Guest

Oh dear.

4. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

oh dear indeed, they must be struggling with the calendar if they want to sign Southwell, God help Paris if there's someone there who thinks he'll help them on the pitch either.

5. Fa'atau82

Fa'atau82 Guest

Where is Marcus Di Rollo now? He signed for Toulouse i thought. This is a similar type of signing, a good squad member, but i wouldn't see him getting in the starting XV.

6. M Two One

M Two One Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Source: Yahoo! Sport UK & Ireland

I'm not too familiar with Southwell to be honest. Can anyone comment on him the move?

7. Gavin

Gavin Guest

Seems like a pointless move. Can't even see him getting on the bench for Stade.

8. man007

man007 Guest

Hope Corleto doesn't quit

9. Stillknox

Stillknox Guest

There's no fullback at Paris (Corleto will quit, Jeanjean out of contract and Hernandez is more a fly half now) so he will be in the first XV. And that's a silly move for an ambitious team like Paris.

10. Toulouse couldn't get Di Rollo insured to play because they discovered he had heart problems, think he retired after that

A bit bizarre this one, but to be honest I'm not too fussed. Southwell has a massive boot, and has been a good servant to Edinburgh and all the fans wish him the best, but I just don't feel that this is a major loss especially when considering we have Paterson, and young players such as Jim Thomson as well as McCrae, Carins and De Luca being able to cover 15. He just kicked alot, didn't pass on 2 v 1s - which was useless!! Still, decent club player who had a good attitude, but I just don't see him getting masses of game time for Stade.

Best of luck to him though.

11. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stillknox @ Apr 30 2009, 02:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    even with Corleto retiring he's not likely to see a huge amount of game time unless there's an injury to both Hernandez and Beauxis, 1 of whom would at least be picked ahead of Southwell at full back.

12. g6mcg

g6mcg Guest

Hopefully he wont play for Scotland again, and as edinburgh gunner said we have enough players to cope with the loss.

As for him, can't see him playing, and can't see it working for Stade either.

13. Stillknox

Stillknox Guest

There is rumors about Geordan Murphy joining Stade Français too. I guess that Stade Français wants to move down in european hierarchy even more !

14. Fa'atau82

Fa'atau82 Guest

David Lemi is a free-agent i think.. i rate him at 15 as well as wing, and he played full-back in the RWC. He has a chip and chase. They could do much worse. Also, today i heard a strong rumour that Jerry Collins is off to Munster.

What a coup that'd be!

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!