• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

I cant work it out ! ??????????????????????????

johninspain

Academy Player
Country Flag
Spain
I have not baught new boots for a while. I used to play in Nike Mid cut boots, now you cant find any !!!

There is ONE bood from Gilbert, and ONE from Muzuno (but i think it is an old boot from them)

It used to be forwards used mid or high cut and backs in football boots !

Dont know what to go for !!!!!!!!!!!!

My secont rant is why the manufactures of the body armor dont make it big enough ! I measured our front row last night and the number 8 and NONE of us would of got into tthe largest avalerble sized under armour from ALL maufactures ! Rughby is played by big men, i just dont get it !!!!!

Most manafacturers make pads up to 2xl which is plenty big enough, they should be VERY close fitting

If you can find "McDavid" pads, I've just looked at their site and their XXXL is a 54-56" so they'll fit

Also could look at Adidas ones (not sure of their sizing, but I remember on the British & Irish Lions DVD Phil Vickery was wearing them, and he's fairly large)

As you said, High-Top boots are becoming rarer and rarer now,
Gilbert do one (as you said), so do Mitre, but most companys go for the low-ankle ones

Last edited:
the mc David stuff looks good, thanks for the heads up !

Does anyone know the reason behind the boots and the pros and cons ?

If you can find "McDavid" pads, I've just looked at their site and their XXXL is a 54-56" so they'll fit

Also could look at Adidas ones (not sure of their sizing, but I remember on the British & Irish Lions DVD Phil Vickery was wearing them, and he's fairly large)

As you said, High-Top boots are becoming rarer and rarer now,
Gilbert do one (as you said), so do Mitre, but most companys go for the low-ankle ones

Well thats what the actual packaging on mine say i am a hefty bloke too (front rower 6' and around 130kgs)

Latest posts