• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

I need some advice

Michale Jasson

Academy Player
Hey. I'm 21 in April, Irish and want to start playing rugby. I'm not very fit and I've never really been the sporty type but I want to start a new sport and it looks like a lot of fun. I've been to a few matches and have enjoyed watching them. My main worry is being behind and not knowing what to do. Thoughts?

My suggestion would be to join a local club, and then start with the basic drills, you might start with a younger age group in regard to the drills but you should be getting the hang of it pretty quickly and move up to your own age level.

But you will have to get fit as well, depending on your build and height, there are a lot of different excercises you can do based on your body. For that I suggest you go to the gym, and maybe even get a personal trainer to help you out.

Different age level ??? He's 21 not 12 !!

As TRF says though, just go down to a local club and you will very likely be welcomed.

Just join in in training, even if it's mainly fitness at first, and if you enjoy it get a game on the wing for the 4th team or whatever and take it from there.

Good luck in finding your sport, whether it's rugby or something else.

You're very lucky being 21 !

Latest posts