• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ICC to scrap super sub

lol. love it how the icc blame shift the failure of the super sub rule onto the teams. the problem is that you have to name it before the toss so the team losing is always screwed. has nothing to do with who the super sub is and everything to do with winning the toss. it would be if it was reworked so your supersub could be named after the toss then wining it would not be an advantage to either team.

20/20 is comp is a good idea. it is getting huge support from fans and to see a world cup like event of it will be good. that is as far as i would like to se 2/20 go though. the odd tournament and at the start of tours. they should not replace odis as the shortened version of the game. odis are still awesome to watch like the chappel hadlee series and the recent vb series that just finished.

yeah i agree with all that you have said. its all good

fleming doesnt like the idea of 20/20s taking off more than just a start of a series.

meh its all good

Supersub rule is nothing but crap, good to see it go. Take the Power Plays with them.

They should never have introduced it. Cricket is an 11 a side game, even if you could name the SS after the toss it would still be a crap rule.

As for the 20/20. I'd like to see it stay as a novelty. The way we have it now with just a series opener is great. I think with a WC it will become less exciting and just like ODIs only quicker.

i think just take away one power play and put it at the end. this gives the final 5 overs even more chance of getting runs

though saying that it could just make i tthat the team batting first has an even greater chance of winning, with the field up and a couple of set batsman could easily score 70 in the last 5

hmmm it does need more thought

Marvellous news to see super sub on its way out. It really did cheapen the reputation of ODI's IMO. Although its good to see the ICC are prepared to trial things.

Originally posted by esoj@Feb 16 2006, 11:09 AM
lol. love it how the icc blame shift the failure of the super sub rule onto the teams. the problem is that you have to name it before the toss so the team losing is always screwed. has nothing to do with who the super sub is and everything to do with winning the toss. it would be if it was reworked so your supersub could be named after the toss then wining it would not be an advantage to either team.
Yeah, exactly my thoughts - maybe they should name a twelve before the match then name the super sub after the toss.

If ss is scrapped then (ICC are stupid) maybe they should allow the traditional twelth man the ability to bowl and bat so to not disadvantage a team through mid match injury.

Yah best news for ODI cricket for a while. Throw it away...

As for Power Plays, I like the idea of one of the commentators in the Summer Ashes series. They had an idea that you were allowed 2 fielders out of the ring for the 10 overs, 3 for overs 11-20, 4 for overs 21-30, 5 for overs 31-40 and 6 for overs 41-50. I'd liek to see someone try that out anyway - it would be intersesting.

Coco

Latest posts