• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ice Storm

O

O'Rothlain

I know this will affect virtually none of you, but a huge-ass Ice Storm came through Saint Louis, and the whole world looks as if someone deeply ****** off Ice Man.
Yet, I'm still sitting at my desk at work. Miserable roads, downed trees and power lines...it took me 25 minutes just to get my car door open because my car (like everything else) was glazed over with a 1/4 inch of ice.

Do you get storms like this in the UK, Ireland, NZ, Oz...or, uhm France?
xmen_series3_ice_man.jpg

That sounds brilliant!
I've never experienced anything like that!
We get the occasional flurry of snow, it usually turns wet instantly or it sticks gets about 1 inch thick and the country comes to a standstill. Tesco's is empty of all fresh food, because people seem to KNOW that the snow is coming and end up clearing the shelves and the gritters are out en masse, whilst kids try and make snowmen - from dirty snow from the road and on the mud - which stand no taller than your average subway footlong!
If you can put your finger in the snow and are unable to see your fingernail then you've had a great snow that year and i can officially call in sick from work, "Guys, the roads are tercherous, have you seen it our there! Whew! I just hope i can make it in tomorrow! I hope that inch of snow doesn't grow to 1 1/4 inches!"

Ice%20Storm.JPG

story.st.louis.traffic.jpg

It looks like the above...
no such luck on dodging work today...although there's crap all to do...I'm folding the company christmas letters! Wooohooo! When did i become a 1950's secretary named Anne? Don't we have common folk and orphans to fold letters and stuff envelopes?

That's a prett rough looking storm. Not as much snow as i expected, but the trees have taken a fair beating.
I'm proud of you for getting into work tho. Well done, Anne.

"No problem sir, oops, I've seemed to drop my pencil...let me pick that up in front of you."
*bends over provacatively*

Trees are down like mad. Some people in my neighborhood woke up to find half a tree on their hood (bonnet?) and roofs of their cars...Time to collect from the insurers.

It's been blowing a gale here, had a french exam yesterday and thought the windows were going to blow in, but I'd swear we're just after having one of the warmest Novembers on record, most days I'm leaving home before 7am and you'd expect it to be cold but there's only been a few frosty mornings and that was at the start of the month. Never that level of icy storms though.

you call that an ice storm, just wait till winter and lake effect snow kicks in in NE Ohio, then ill show you some real good pictures of a snow storm!

how about in northeast ohio, where it has yet to snow, from that particular storm, but the lake effect snow is supposed to kick in tonight and we'll end up getting 10+ inches of snow

man oh man its so windy out about 30 farenheit and 50+ MPH wind gusts.. its ridiculous, i was out there kicking and it was tough

It can geta bit cold and when it snows it can cause a few problems but nothing to the extent you're describing mate.

you call that an ice storm, just wait till winter and lake effect snow kicks in in NE Ohio, then ill show you some real good pictures of a snow storm!

how about in northeast ohio, where it has yet to snow, from that particular storm, but the lake effect snow is supposed to kick in tonight and we'll end up getting 10+ inches of snow

man oh man its so windy out about 30 farenheit and 50+ MPH wind gusts.. its ridiculous, i was out there kicking and it was tough
[/b]

Oh yeah?
Just wait until i show you some pictures of my MASSIVE snowman, made from any bits of snow found from flower beds!
I swear, it could come half way up my shins!
Don't mess with Welsh snow!

Hah, i remember a couple of years back when i was in uni and it snowed really well (for this country) and we went out on to our rugby field to play a quick game in the snow for novelty and the girls took snow from nearly HALF of the field just to make one 5 foot snowman!!
That shows how much we struggle to get snow around here :)

Latest posts