• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ico

C

CeeJay

I just noticed that ico is a new release at gamesman, it says released feb 06. Correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure i played ico about for years ago when i was in aussie, there is now a sequel out(at least same devs) called shadow of the colossus, how the F**k then is ico a new release?

Ico was quite rare and had stopped production ages ago. Now its being re-released.

Well when i was in aussie all the video stores and game shops had it, did it not get a proper release in NZ?

I was gonna say, it was out about 4 years ago I think...

Looked crap IMO...

ICO was a quality... erm... It wasn't really a game... erm... It wasn't really a story... erm... a quality... erm... thing...

:ninj:

Ico was one of the reasons why I wish I had a PS2....

Apparently Shadow of the Colossus isn't as good....

I never finished it, it was weird. There was something about it.not good, not bad, just weird.

Ico was a graphically superb game - but underneath it's really just a block pushing puzzle game - although saying that I did complete it.

Shadow of the Colossus is totally different although in the same graphical style. You start in a temple in the middle of a huge map, and ride your horse across baron landscape to a single huge beast, where you hold up your sword to highlight which parts of the beast you can attack. You then attack it until it falls over, at which point you pass out, and wake up again in the temple, and have to head off to the next big beast.
The challenge is working out how to get to the vulnerable parts of the giants - by a combination of jumping, climbing on its fur, use of the environment, and sword and bow play.

To be honest, I'm not gripped with it yet ... keep going back to RC2006 ...

One game I loved on the PS2 was Gitaroo man, it was a cheaply drawn anime style game...can't find it anywhere anymore...plus I don't have a PS2...

I'm waiting for Guitar Hero to get over here - complete with Gibson guitar controller and covers of real rock songs rather than just generic tunes to "rhythm along to" ... rockin'! :gat:

That looks ace, the lead singer of Trivium reviewed it a while ago and approved of it very highly.

I forget his name..Matt something I think...

Latest posts