• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

If there were no bonus points as it stands

B

Bullitt

<div align='center'>
prem.jpg

GP.png
</div>

Quite a contrast. I think you'll agree, while the differences regarding points scored would may be different, it's a better refelection of the season and relative forms so far.

Only bad for Irish really. Sarries would loose 10 points but still only drop one place!

I like bonus points. It adds incentives to either keep playing to stay within 7 when loosing or getting those 4 trys!

would you not have 2 points for a win though without the bonus points, I can see why people like them yet when you've a tournament like the 6N, it shows that they're not needed.

I think they'd be useful in the 6N to kind of separate the pack, sometimes it gets a little tight, and putting 4 tries past any team apart from Italy is a feat worth an extra point.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dundeesmiffy @ Apr 8 2009, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think they'd be useful in the 6N to kind of separate the pack, sometimes it gets a little tight, and putting 4 tries past any team apart from Italy is a feat worth an extra point.[/b]

Until the inevitable scenario of a team winning the Grand Slam but not becoming Champions.

which would have happened in 2002. The only way it would work in the 6N is if there was no bp for losing by less than 7.

or just give a team 6 extra points is the win the GS so then theyre untouchable eh?

Keep with the bonus points . Why continue Gloucesters agony by making them play an away semi-final and certain defeat.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Apr 9 2009, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
or just give a team 6 extra points is the win the GS so then theyre untouchable eh?[/b]

or just leave it as is, look at the finish we had this year with no bp, same in 2007.

Latest posts