• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

If You Find The Game's Too Easy -- READ THIS

D

Dakbok

Okay guys, what I'm about to tell you might - change your experience drastically - or perhaps by the odd out chance you might've discovered this alternate method yourself.

Righto --
I myself got SICK of always getting unrealistic scores and kicking the opposition's ass. So it just struck me one day:
What you do is --> Pick a side, and then at half-time, re-assign the controllers, so that you play for the other side. I've found this little method to work WONDERS!!

So in other words, it's pretty much you versus yourself!! It's wicked! Feel free and do give it a shot.

I might play a game, and choose say I might play the Bulls vs Brumbies at Loftus -- and start off with let's say the Brumbies - and I'd set a nice score for myself - let's say 23 - 6, by the end of the first half. Then I'd swap over to the Bulls and see if I'd be able to make a comeback! And it's actually happened where I might pull off a miracle win and come back and beat my own ass -- resulting in a score such as 30 for Brumbies (considering the AI only managed score one more try) and my second half team (the Bulls), say 33 or 34 or something. Sometimes I'd have a better second half and score more. Depending on the ratings of the teams.
If you'd play teams like the Springboks vs the All Blacks -- with this method -- the score would always be really really close. Sometimes I'd screw up and the game might fly out of proportion -- which in a sense is realistic and quite funny sometimes.

So yeah, lemme know what you guys make off this little nifty alternate way of going about the game. B)

Ive been trying it for a while. it makes the game much more intresting when you have a large total to chase for the second half. it would be good if rugby 08 had custom scenarios like fifa

Yeah I found rugby 06 too easy even on elite so I just stack up one team then try and play against them with an average team or I get a crap team and play against the British & Irish Lions to test myself.

I found that playing against someone makes you alot better than playing the cpu cause you can predict what the cpu's gonna do but you can't predict what another player might do.

The only thing with this is that you can be winning by 30 and still whip their ass with a 40 point comeback!

this is all well and good...

but would love to play ai that can put up points against me, not me always on attack

The only thing with this is that you can be winning by 30 and still whip their ass with a 40 point comeback!
[/b]

That must either mean one of two things then:

A) You played a worse first half/better second half -- or,

B) The teams you chose had a substantial difference in their ratings. You might've played a team with Japan's rating versus a team with the All Blacks' rating. Obviously controlling the latter of those examples in the second half...

The only thing with this is that you can be winning by 30 and still whip their ass with a 40 point comeback! [/b]

If you really want a challenge than stack up a team with all star players and play against them with a whole team of created players because by the 2nd half your created team would have fatigued so that should be challenging enough.

<div class='quotemain'> The only thing with this is that you can be winning by 30 and still whip their ass with a 40 point comeback! [/b]

If you really want a challenge than stack up a team with all star players and play against them with a whole team of created players because by the 2nd half your created team would have fatigued so that should be challenging enough.

[/b][/quote]
What if the created players have all their stats maxed out?

been doing this for a while on pc and would only change one thing
if youve unlocked the Representive team line up's go straight to the Barbarians and put in the best team you can or in my case a good team with some players you like :p
if i remember my team was something like
1-Sheridan
2-Ongarno
3-De villiers
4-Jack
5-Murray
6-Burger
7-McCaw
8-Dallaglio

good pack that on an average team will lose most lineouts and scrums to that, and will turn over ball pretty good

9-Gregan
10-Wilkinson
11-Robinson
12-Carter
13-O'Driscoll
14-Habana
15-Montgomery

with an average teams back these will kick you back to your 5, break tackles and have the pace to finish it off.

i know a lot proberly already do this but i found it more fun playing against these or even better getting a friend to play as these :p

correct me if im wrong but why do the commentators "dallaglio has turned the ball over" and not someone why mccaw?

correct me if im wrong but why do the commentators "dallaglio has turned the ball over" and not someone why mccaw? [/b]
It might be just that i'm simple minded, but I can't make sense of what you said lol. Are there words missing everynow and then between the last 12 words?

been doing this for a while on pc and would only change one thing
if youve unlocked the Representive team line up's go straight to the Barbarians and put in the best team you can or in my case a good team with some players you like :p
if i remember my team was something like
1-Sheridan
2-Ongarno
3-De villiers
4-Jack
5-Murray
6-Burger
7-McCaw
8-Dallaglio

good pack that on an average team will lose most lineouts and scrums to that, and will turn over ball pretty good

9-Gregan
10-Wilkinson
11-Robinson
12-Carter
13-O'Driscoll
14-Habana
15-Montgomery

with an average teams back these will kick you back to your 5, break tackles and have the pace to finish it off.

i know a lot proberly already do this but i found it more fun playing against these or even better getting a friend to play as these :p
[/b]

Replace Carter with McDonald hes better on defense and replace O Driscoll with Mauger.

<div class='quotemain'> correct me if im wrong but why do the commentators "dallaglio has turned the ball over" and not someone why mccaw? [/b]
It might be just that i'm simple minded, but I can't make sense of what you said lol. Are there words missing everynow and then between the last 12 words?
[/b][/quote]

dam i was on the beers lol i dont even know lol

Latest posts