• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

I'm getting a xbox360 what games do you reccomend?

D

Dmx#1

Yeah im planning to get a xbox360 soon I was just wondering what games do you reccomend? Im into FPS,RPG & SPORTS ***les mainly. I like GTA & Ninja Gaiden too and both games look awesome on 360. Perhaps you guys could reccomend some ***les and maybe post some pros & cons of the game you reccomend. I know theres sites like ign but I would like to see your oppinions on certain games.

I dont mind forking out cash for a decent online experience. This guy I know from school who has a PS3 says online sucks compared to Xbox live. This is coming from someone who calls the 360 a 'Shitbox'.

Get a PS3...free online gaming!
[/b]

Or save a bit more for a PC! Microsoft just announced all PC Windows Live ***les will be free to play. YES!!! Besides, graphics on a PC far surpass any console, and with regards to " but it costs double bla bla bla" - PC games are either free, or no more than half of what the console versions cost, so by the time you buy 5 Xbox games, it costs the same as a high end PC would...

Only game you wont get on PC, is Metal Gear Solid 4 - which aint coming to Xbox anyway... Enough about my PC fanboy rantings...

For Xbox you must get the following:

- Fable 2 (Coming soon)
- Gears of War 2 (Coming soon)
- Final Fantasy XIII (Coming soon)
- GTA IV (Out now)
- Alan Wake (Coming soon and will be the best horror RPG ever made)
- Mass Effect (Out now - Best RPG on Xbox 360)
- Race Driver GRID (Out now - and a very very good racer)
- Saints Row 2 (Coming soon - a lot like GTA)
- The Orange Box (Best gaming combo ever... PERIOD)
- Call of Duty 4 (Nuf said)
- Bioshock (See Call of Duty comment)
- Resident Evil 5 (Coming soon - looks unbelievable)
- Far Cry 2 (Coming Soon)
- Fallout 3 (OMFG it's going to be the best game ever...)

Those are pretty much the big ones on Xbox. But yeah, while i dig into SPORE, Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Starcraft 2, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and ...... wait for it ..... wait for it........ DUKE NUKEM FOREVER..... you can enjoy the Xbox. :cheers:

Only game in the above list that 'might' not come to PC is Final Fantasy XIII, which alone, is worth every penny of that console! Getting me one at Xmas just for that game. Enjoy it dude.

Decent list of XBOX 360 ***les to look out for

Does Mass effect require a lot of leveling up? Thats one of the things i found to be annoying on old school rpgs.

I have a reliable source claiming that Duke Nukem Forever will be coming out on Xbox 360.

Release date: Tomorrow

GrandTheftAutoIV-1.jpg

Ha Ha. Mass Effect has the easiest leveling options ever. You level up after doing anything. So it's not as big an issue as it was in a game like Oblivion.

I think because COD4 feels better when it comes to putting lead into a target.

Hey you didn't reccomend Halo 3 is there any particular reason why?
[/b]

Cause HALO 2 was vomit. It put me off the series completely. It's prob a damn good game, but there are others i would play first.

<div class='quotemain'>
Hey you didn't reccomend Halo 3 is there any particular reason why?
[/b]

Cause HALO 2 was vomit. It put me off the series completely. It's prob a damn good game, but there are others i would play first. [/b][/quote]

Why do you hate halo 2?

Why do you hate halo 2?
[/b]

I don't know. Maybe i expected too much. I loved Halo, but the second one i thought was just terrible. Horrific graphics, choppy gameplay, boring story. But that's my opinion, maybe others will like it. But yeah, look at that list i gave you, there are plenty of better ***les.

Lol, and the link is not Rick Roll'd ha ha. It's the side effects of too much Halo. Basically a life without Vagina. EVER.

Why do you hate halo 2?
[/b]

I don't know. Maybe i expected too much. I loved Halo, but the second one i thought was just terrible. Horrific graphics, choppy gameplay, boring story. But that's my opinion, maybe others will like it. But yeah, look at that list i gave you, there are plenty of better ***les.

Lol, and the link is not Rick Roll'd ha ha. It's the side effects of too much Halo. Basically a life without Vagina. EVER. [/b]

True I think that the same can be applied for a lot of great games. Quite often sequels make a slight improvement on the existing formula. I dont think neccesarily makes the game bad it just doesnt give you the wow factor e.g GTA. Minus the cut scenes the graphics were solid, by choppy did you mean framerate? I thought the gameplay was good and the story gave a more in depth look into the simple storyline of the first halo. I like halos single player better but i liked halo 2 multiplayer better.

Well then i recommend it. If Crysis was on XBOX i would recommend that, as it looks amazing, and is really fun. The end is pretty sucky, but the game is very good none-the-less.

For now, i'm waiting for Far Cry 2, and STARCRAFT 2, and SPORE. It's really a shame that 2 of the biggest games of the year are not going to console in Starcraft 2 and SPORE. Then again, PC will only get GTA IV at Xmas, and MGS4 will stay PS3 exclusive. Rumours have also surfaced that Final Fantasy XIII will be on a PC too.

But yeah, because FF XIII is on XBOX as well, it's my console of choice, and as for the "MUST HAVE GAMES" on it, i will say:

Alan Wake; GTA IV and Final Fantasy XIII.

I love the fact that you are pushing Alan Wake so hard....yet there is sweet bugger all really known about it at all, and the information we do know about it is what..a year or so old.

Some older games for 360 you'll probably find on the cheap these days are:

Bioshock
Gears of War (1)
Fight Night 3
Skate
Forza 2

I love the fact that you are pushing Alan Wake so hard....yet there is sweet bugger all really known about it at all, and the information we do know about it is what..a year or so old.
[/b]

true but the guys developing it have put a lot of work into it and I think we will see more info on it maybe at Leipzig in a few weeks

I love the fact that you are pushing Alan Wake so hard....yet there is sweet bugger all really known about it at all, and the information we do know about it is what..a year or so old.[/b]

Remember this post in a year or 2....

Oh, and Fallout 3 is also a huge ***le... It's going to be fantastic.

Latest posts