• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Im New To The Rugby World...

Hey, GetMoney818!!!

Welcome to the rugby world!!!! :bravo:

It is hard to answer which side you should support. Generally speaking, the game in the southern hemisphere is faster and more spectacular. I would also say that it is particularly true in New Zealand and Australia, but as I am a New Zealand supporter, it may be my subjective point of view. :bleh!:

I would tell you to watch as many games as you can before you take any decission: Luckily for you there will be two totally different competitions at the same time: the northern hemisphere 6 Nations (the arguably best 6 european countries in a round robin tournament, the oldest rugby competition in the world) and the super 14: the best franchises from NZ, AUS and SA will play a 14 round robin tournament with the best 4 advancing to the semifinals. B)

If you get to see both competitions, then choose to follow the one you like most. :lol2tn:

As for players, I could give you four or five names to look at:

France: JB Elissalde
England: Lesley Vainikolo (the new "english" pearl), Jonny Wilkinson (a superstar),
Wales: Gareth Thomas (always the last man standing)
Ireland: Ronan O'Gara (a master), Peter Stringer (another master),
New Zealand: Richie McCaw(a monster), Rodney So'oialo(the best), Nick Evans
Australia: Stirling Mortlock, Matt Giteau
South Africa: Van der Linde, Bryan Habana(best rugby player '07) , Fourie du Preez (a master)

But I was on your shoes 20 years ago and when I saw the New Zealand nationa team play, I made my mind: I have been an All Black supporter ever since. :cheers:

Best regards!

I was talking about the Tri Nations actually.[/b]

I STAND BY MY REMARKS! :angry:

It is hard to answer which side you should support. Generally speaking, the game in the southern hemisphere is faster and more spectacular. I would also say that it is particularly true in New Zealand and Australia, but as I am a New Zealand supporter, it may be my subjective point of view.[/b]

See what I mean GetMoney? You'll always have three types of fan. The Northern Hemisphere fan claiming that their players and competitions are the best, the Southern Hemisphere fan claiming that the opposite is true and the fan from places like Italy for France who look on with a sense of bemusement at all of this.

I was talking about the Tri Nations actually. And that Brodizzle in fact has the emotional baggage, not the Tri Nation teams. He obviously doesn't take responsibility for his negative thoughts and feelings, and has to place blame elsewhere.

He has made SA the target of his cheap shots to further illistrate this.

I was pointing this out to Getmoney, as he might actually believe the crap spewing from that pityful little fools mouth
[/b]
Okay, so how is my comments different then 'Jericho' despite the fact that I elaborated on mine....and note he posted his jab well before mine?

And don't call me a 'pityful little fool' please, I don't see why such personal insults have anything to do with the conversation. Now, I started with a playful counter-attack towards Jerichos post but you decided to attack me personally and saying it was because I had sour grapes....I proceeded to respond with facts of what happened adn the difference between what NZ did and what SA did....yet still the personal attacks....remember we are trying to help a newcomer get connected to the game, not be disgusted by pitiful in-fighting...

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]
Nobody suggested otherwise but you were trying to speak on my behalf AND WEREN'T ON THE SAME WAVE LENGTH

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]
Nobody suggested otherwise but you were trying to speak on my behalf AND WEREN'T ON THE SAME WAVE LENGTH [/b][/quote]

I DENY THAT ACCUSATION! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

APOLOGISE FOR THAT REMARK, SIR!

Oh please Mr. Prestwick quote your first sentence of that post then.

BTW it doesn't matter cause that whole argument was a huge misunderstanding. You see the internet cafe I was at when I wrote that have all kind of security settings which evidently disabled smileys from showing, which I didn't know. Reading that post of Brodizzle's without smileys made him seem like a real negative nancy, taking cheap shots at MY country. And was having none of it! Then to make it worse Brodizzle posted another post explaining he had added smileys for a reason while I was typing my next assault.
So Brodizzle I'm sorry. My bad

YOU SIR DO NOT UNDERSTAND THAT I WAS MERELY CAPITALISING MY WORDS IN ORDER TO JEST WITH YOU! HAVE AT THEE!

Wildstar.jpg

Elementary my dear Prestwick.
You have given me nothing to jest over! Half in jest, half in earnest heh.
AND KEEP THE SHAKESPEARE TALK FOR SUNDAY BRUNCH FOREPLAY WITH YOUR HAMROLL!

WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?!

BTW it doesn't matter cause that whole argument was a huge misunderstanding. You see the internet cafe I was at when I wrote that have all kind of security settings which evidently disabled smileys from showing, which I didn't know. Reading that post of Brodizzle's without smileys made him seem like a real negative nancy, taking cheap shots at MY country. And was having none of it! Then to make it worse Brodizzle posted another post explaining he had added smileys for a reason while I was typing my next assault.
So Brodizzle I'm sorry. My bad
[/b]
No worries mate, I am just glad that it's sorted....hell my folks are obsessed with South Africa and Perth has a huge Saffa population, I wouldn't last long as a bigot at all. :D

<div class='quotemain'>
what is this? days of our lives?
[/b]
Of course not, there weren't even any evil twins or dark secrets that'd tear everyone apart.... [/b][/quote]
Or any prolonged stares which would be represented as "........................................................................................................" and "................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................"

OK, I take back my remark about supporting Australia.

Look, they are a good team, with some brilliant players (soon to be wheel chair bound).
And they have some really fast and exciting players, like. . . . . . .um . . . . . . . . . .give me a sec. . . . . . . . . . .hmmm..............yeah exciting. :zzz:

Also some brilliant forwars, like .............................Oh geez..................... ummmmmmmmmmm..........................George Smith,,,,,,maybe,,,,,,??????????????? :blink:

And their commentators!!!! WOW. They are always so fair to the other teams, and are never EVER unfair. I mean when AUS get a penalty, its good play. When SA and NZ get a penalty, the ref just had a puff puff pass call............ :wacko:

Anyway, every team has its moment. Watch the 6 Nations and Tri Nations, and see for yourself which hemisphere you think is more entertaining. I Like both honestly.

Quick Summary:

AUS: George Gregan, Stephen Larkam, Matt Giteu
George Gregan, Stephen Larkam, Matt Giteu

SA: Best lock combination in world rugby (Matfield and Botha)
Best and most exciting winger in world rugby (Bryan Habana)
Fastest rugby player on the planet (Tonderai Chavanga)
Best scrumhalf in world rugby (Fourie Du Preez)
Most legendary prop in world rugby (Os Du Randt)
Arguably the best fullback in world rugby (Percy Montgomery)

So yeah, if it were between those 2, there is a clear cut winner. New Zealand however, are the best. Regardless of what they have and have not won. They are the team to beat.
And as for the USA, they have the potential to be the best, they just need the support, funding and need more international games!!!!

Man this post is going to cause some interesting comments. . . .

I agree with you 100% about our team selections, South Africa has the politicians meddling with thier teams while we have the NSWRU meddling with ours...two examples, the Wallabies had huge amounts of Waratahs in the team, despite the fact that they didn't perform at all in Super 14, secondly how is it possible that an Australian player (Drew Mitchell) was in phenominal form int he World Cup, was the leading try scorer in Wallabies history I think yet he was dropped fromt he squad to face England....where we failed to do anything of substance until Mitchell came on and added some spark....but then it was too late....

As for the commentators, the Kiwi ones are the only ones you can listen to because both the Aussie and Saffa commentators are biased, I used to think the Saffas were alright but they are just as clueless as the Aussie commentators....at least they ain't Welsh commentators though, they were terrible in the WC :p

As for the commentators, the Kiwi ones are the only ones you can listen to because both the Aussie and Saffa commentators are biased, I used to think the Saffas were alright but they are just as clueless as the Aussie commentators....at least they ain't Welsh commentators though, they were terrible in the WC :p
[/b]

Wow. Really? If I were an Aussie or Saffa I'd love to kick Grant Nisbett in the nuts. That said, I'd love to kick Phil Kearns and Kobus Wiese in the nuts for example, as I'm a Kiwi. I think all commentators are biased. But your right, those Welsh boys are horrible, especially that high pitched whine of Jonathan Davies.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Wow. Really? If I were an Aussie or Saffa I'd love to kick Grant Nisbett in the nuts. That said, I'd love to kick Phil Kearns and Kobus Wiese in the nuts for example, as I'm a Kiwi. I think all commentators are biased. But your right, those Welsh boys are horrible, especially that high pitched whine of Jonathan Davies.
[/b][/quote]
At least the Kiwi commentators speak about the other team occasionally and if a well play is done by a non Kiwi team they will acknowledge it....and Murray Mexted is the bloke that constantly rabbits on about stupid stuff right? ....I don't think anyone could like him....it's funny though when he comes out with one of those comments and you can hear his fellow commentator just pausing while obviously thinking 'you are a bloody knob mate'...

And don't be saying anything against Kearnsy, if there was a 'fantasy commentary' game he would be my captain!

And Joel Stransky sounds like he has a legion of warthogs colonising his nostrils.

Fastest rugby player on the planet (Tonderai Chavanga)[/b]

Maybe but he's still kak and can't do much else other than run fast if and when he's not injured.

And Joel Stransky sounds like he has a legion of warthogs colonising his nostrils.
[/b]
That's true, his voice is stale.
No other commentator rallies me up quite like Hugh Bladen

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
That's true, his voice is stale.
No other commentator rallies me up quite like Hugh Bladen
[/b][/quote]

Agreed, he is the best commentator at the moment. You cant beat that accent :bana:

Latest posts