Improving kicking

Amobokoboko

Waikato Junglist
Country Flag
Belgium
Club or Nation
Chiefs
Hi guys,

Have been working on my kicking this week and today went with my little brother who has an amazing kick.
I noticed that close/ mid range kicks aren't a problem but whenever I try it from some distance the ball seems to gain lots of height but lacks in distance.

I decided to focus and I hit the top of the pole three times. :D

Any advice on how to improve the kicking ( I'm not using a tee as I don't have one)

I'm also interested for stretching excercices for my kicking leg, as my leg is a bit sour now.
Cheers.

About the stretching excercices, i'm no expert in that, i just do the basic Hip reaching and things like that...
The kicking, it depends of the part of the ball you hit, if you hit it too low, the ball will gain more height and less distance, so i guess you should try to hit the ball a bit more to the middle.. i say this by my experience..
As you have no kicking tee, why don't you ask your coach for these things (don't know the name in english) http://www.lovell-rugby.co.uk/thumbnails/1102.jpg ? my team has loads of thee things, so i asked my coach for one and he gave one to me.. i kick at goal with those things and works wonders..
If you don't kick very well with it, you can make your own kicking tees, using water bottles or something made of plastic...

hope i helped

cheers mate, I don't have a tee as I'm picking up rugby after three years.
At this moment here are some clubs interested but non of them start practice until august, so I do need to wait a bit.

Latest posts