• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Inconsistencies in Rugby Games

C

captainamerica

Thought I'd start a topic, aimed kinda at JJ and Locks for their websites -- if there is any interest to highlight the flaws some rugby video games have regarding the actual laws of rugby?

I remember specifically in Rugby 2004, kicking a grubber into the tryzone, pouncing on it for the score, only to have a 5m scrum awarded.

Anyone else have stories?

And, would it be good to show these errors, in hopes that the developers catch on and do not repeat?

As Ea sports/HB have a history of not bothering to ask the fans what they want - I doubt it.

Normal "Joe public" expect that simple things (like the correct laws of the game), would be the first thing a rugby video game developer would impliment - but no this isn't the case.

We don't want the correct rules, players that look human, gameplay that resembles the game I love (rather then a game of PONG), NO WE WANT THE HAKA INTRODUCED, AND FIGHTS...........(don't get me started........
<
)

Rugby League where if you make a break you could be brought back if there's an injury.

In rugby 2004 when a penalty dropped short and a 22-dropout was given no matter where the ball was.

There's too much to comment on. The stuff that really gets me annoyed is what CA said.

Originally posted by NZL fan@Oct 22 2004, 07:34 AM
As Ea sports/HB have a history of not bothering to ask the fans what they want - I doubt it.

Normal "Joe public" expect that simple things (like the correct laws of the game), would be the first thing a rugby video game developer would impliment - but no this isn't the case.

We don't want the correct rules, players that look human, gameplay that resembles the game I love (rather then a game of PONG), NO WE WANT THE HAKA INTRODUCED, AND FIGHTS...........(don't get me started........
<
)
the game is meant to try to get americans interested in rugby. They want to relate it in football. See someone who has never played before would be like wow look at that wicked ass dance they wouldn't be like nice grubber kick mate.

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugger+Oct 24 2004, 12:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Canadian_Rugger @ Oct 24 2004, 12:08 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Oct 22 2004, 07:34 AM

<
)
the game is meant to try to get americans interested in rugby. They want to relate it in football. See someone who has never played before would be like wow look at that wicked ass dance they wouldn't be like nice grubber kick mate. [/b]
Hey, Tiburon don't make Madden easy for newcomers to the sport.

Originally posted by Muse_Cubed+Oct 25 2004, 01:59 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Muse_Cubed @ Oct 25 2004, 01:59 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Canadian_Rugger@Oct 24 2004, 12:08 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan

<
)

the game is meant to try to get americans interested in rugby. They want to relate it in football. See someone who has never played before would be like wow look at that wicked ass dance they wouldn't be like nice grubber kick mate.
Hey, Tiburon don't make Madden easy for newcomers to the sport. [/b]
They don't ever try to... they have a fan base of around 50,000 NFL fans all wanting it to be super complex...

Originally posted by sanzar@Oct 25 2004, 09:20 AM
They don't ever try to... they have a fan base of around 50,000 NFL fans all wanting it to be super complex...
I don't find it too complex...but then that's me...

Originally posted by Muse_Cubed+Oct 25 2004, 08:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Muse_Cubed @ Oct 25 2004, 08:50 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Oct 25 2004, 09:20 AM
I don't find it too complex...but then that's me... [/b]
yeah, but your a FAN of NFL....

Originally posted by sanzar+Oct 25 2004, 11:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Oct 25 2004, 11:15 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Muse_Cubed@Oct 25 2004, 08:50 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Oct 25 2004, 09:20 AM

I don't find it too complex...but then that's me...
yeah, but your a FAN of NFL.... [/b]
Yeah, but regarding Rugby 2004, if that was their intention -- to make it accessible to the American market -- then they failed miserably in that area too.

Also, I don't think it was their sole intention. Sure, they are the only ones to release it in the States (*cough, *cough, Swordfish?) but they disappointed quite a few (sarcasm) rugby fans the world over.

Hopefully, they will be getting on their horse and kicking out a fantastic Rugby 2005. I wish them well, and it would seem it could only get better from their previous installment in the rugby video game cannon. I mean, how bad can you mess up a sports game . . . again?

I've got verbal diarrhea. Rugby video game cannon?

Damn, Captain, chill.

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugger+Oct 24 2004, 12:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Canadian_Rugger @ Oct 24 2004, 12:08 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan

<
)
the game is meant to try to get americans interested in rugby. They want to relate it in football. See someone who has never played before would be like wow look at that wicked ass dance they wouldn't be like nice grubber kick mate. [/b]
f*** americans cant appreciate good sport without athletes taking drugs,wearing helmets and pads,cheerleaders,trash talking,halftime entertainment shows with nudity,over dramatized beef between teams,commercials and celebrities.......

i mean what the fark iz golf...a sport???.....

f*** america...theres a whole world out there....and real rugby fanatics waiting for a real fan based game....not what they what....

bloody americans.....

Don't forget "interacting" physically with the crowd.

And Golf is a sport, and it isn't American. Golf is fun.

sports are for athletes.......so all those overweight guys i see on espn can run at least 100metres(even 50) and bench press 10kgs (40 including there fat arms)...
i think not....golf is fun...but its not a sport...its a rich leisure activity....yeah rich peoples sport like chess.....

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Nov 29 2004, 11:23 AM
sports are for athletes.......so all those overweight guys i see on espn can run at least 100metres(even 50) and bench press 10kgs (40 including there fat arms)...
i think not....golf is fun...but its not a sport...its a rich leisure activity....yeah rich peoples sport like chess.....
Keep winding . . . keep winding . . .

wind_up_kong.jpg

Latest posts