• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Indians Take Defeat Badly

M

melon

From The Daily Telegraph Monday, March 26, 2007
An Indian cricket fan committed suicide while another died of a heart attack after watching their national team's crushing defeat to Sri Lanka in the World Cup match in the Caribbean.

Upset over India's loss and after having an argument with his wife, 25-year-old farmer Mahadeb Sarkar hanged himself after the match in the village of Bajitpur in eastern state of West Bengal. His wife, Sadhana, who was also upset about the defeat, tried to hang herself in another room, but she survived.[/b]

thats just freaken crazy, they know its just a sport right? they have a chance in four years time.

i hope they didnt bet their house on the tornament o_O

Poor fellas. They live poor lives and cricket is probably their one and only passion.

mmmm curry.
Wait...someone died?
My bad...awfully insensitive of me to be thinking about chicken tika masala at a time like this, right?

Seriously though...Pro Athletes wouldn't hang themselves if you turned in a bad performance at the office, would they?

mmmm curry.
Wait...someone died?
My bad...awfully insensitive of me to be thinking about chicken tika masala at a time like this, right?

Seriously though...Pro Athletes wouldn't hang themselves if you turned in a bad performance at the office, would they? [/b]

Of course they wouldn't. They have so much to live for.

Whereas poor farmers in India like the ones mentioned have one burning passion, and thats cricket, and when they see that their passion is a huge f***up, they aren't too happy.

mmmm curry.
Wait...someone died?

[/b]

especially as it's a British dish :p

<div class='quotemain'>
mmmm curry.
Wait...someone died?

[/b]

especially as it's a British dish :p
[/b][/quote]
Cricket, or Tika Masala?
:bleh!:

Well, there are better ways of dealing with defeat. Drinking copious amounts of alcohol quite often helps to soothe the pain of defeat. And it`s fun too! Unlike hanging oneself I daresay.

Latest posts