Information required

malibu48

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Hurricanes
Hi All

I have started a Bachelor of Business in Sports Management and one of my units is online communications. I am an avid fan of rugby union and have been to many matches around the world including sevens, mens and woman’s world cups, club, super 15 etc.

We have an assignment due soon and with my love of rugby in mind I have chosen as my topic, Woman’s Rugby World Cup as I think it is underrated. What I have found so far is the first three tournaments (one of which I went to and my cousin played in) were not endorsed by the IRB. Also that there is such a difference on how people perceive woman’s world cups compared to men’s.

If you know why the IRB didn’t endorse the initial tournaments, what made them change and/or can point me in the right direction to find out more please let me know. Also what are your thoughts on woman’s world cups? Do you think they need more exposure? Do you rate them? Will they get on par with the men’s game?

I will be very grateful to receive any thoughts or information that will help with my interest.

This looks like a great website which will keep my passion feed. I’m looking forward to finding out more.

Bec

I'm not sure about England or anywhere else in the world but here in France you hear Jack about the Women's rugby. They will get on par with the men if they get more exposure, more players and publicity. And as for if I rate them yes I do as much as I do the men ^^ a lot of girls ( and boys ) over here say that rugby isn't a sport for girls but " au contraire " it can be, and I hope it will be more popular in the future.

Rugby, and in fact (the major ones anyway) sports in the UK are getting more high profile year by year. We see womens football getting on TV either with games or news reports, womens rugby isnt as televised much but it is very popular and the English womens cricekt team are among the best there are.

More can be done but theres a very solid base of participation and support from which to build on.