• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

injury prone

A

alexfoz

ive been playin rugby since i was about 6 im 14 now and i always seem to get injured breaking bones ive had trials for merseyside and lancashire but missed out on playing because of injuries i broke my ankle in 3 places 2 weeks ago but they didnt find out untill last week because i was walking on it when i did it i tried to run on it but it was to much but after a day or two i just thought it was a sprain and carried on and tried walking and last year i broke my 4th metatarsal and carried on playing rugby for five months until it was discovered
so basically im just asking wether theres a solution to stop breaking bones or getting injured and anyone no why i dont feel pain as much as other ppl would (footy players GIRLS!)

You have to start sitting out, its not good at all to keep doin this to yourself.

If you have an injury your body will favour it causing eventual injuries to other areas, its going to be a chain reaction until you sit out enough to let yourself become 100% fit again.

I'm injury prone as well. It's an absolute f***er and keeping a place in the 1sts has become impossible for me especially over the past 2 years becuase i both dislocated my shoulder and then about 8 months later i tore my anterior cruciate ligament.
Only just getting back.
Sucks.
So i'm always recovering it feels like. Just making sure, like DC said, that i'm 100% everytime.
I don't think there's anything you can do sorry.

I'm the same with my back, neck and shoulder. Not to put you off, but I didn't play for 5 years after I originally picked up a back injury as an 18 year old, sat out for 5 years, took one knock and WHAMMO! Re-aggrivated it. Hense my retirement from playing.

Stupidly, I still to this day talk about playing again.

Latest posts