Inspirational quotes

Bada-Bing!

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Hong Kong
Club or Nation
British Irish Lions
One I have come across recently and really inspired me. Have you got any to share?

"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

― Howard Thurman

One I have come across recently and really inspired me. Have you got any to share?

"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

― Howard Thurman
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
-Oscar Wilde.

Last edited:
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.

"People should be beautiful in every way—in their faces, in the way they dress, in their thoughts and in their innermost selves."
Anton Chekhov

'We are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different.'

Kurt Vonnegut

Don't know how I missed this thread. Love a good quote.

"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way." - Viktor Frankl

"Life is very short and anxious for those who forget the past, neglect the present, and fear for the future." - Seneca

Two quotes I've had saved longest in my phone I think. The first is probably the most powerful thing I've ever read. Frankl was a holocaust survivor and psychologist for those who don't know. His book "A man's search for meaning" is a must read imo.

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." – Vince Lombardi

Last edited:
Less inspiration but possibly my favourite excerpt of literature from a funny book where Death's granddaughter races to save father Christmas

All right," said Susan. "I'm not stupid. You're saying humans need... fantasies to make life bearable."

REALLY? AS IF IT WAS SOME KIND OF PINK PILL? NO. HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.

"Tooth fairies? Hogfathers? Little—"

YES. AS PRACTICE. YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.

"So we can believe the big ones?"

YES. JUSTICE. MERCY. DUTY. THAT SORT OF THING.

"They're not the same at all!"

YOU THINK SO? THEN TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET—Death waved a hand. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED.

"Yes, but people have got to believe that, or what's the point—"

MY POINT EXACTLY.

He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.
Muhammed Ali

Latest posts