Interesting figures

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by wigan_rlfc, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Its true the onlt thing keeping Union afloat in Australia is Private schools.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Wally

Wally Guest

Which is another reason why rugby league players are ill behaved in public. Half of rugby league players can't even talk properly. Darren Lockyer sounds like he should have been a brick layer.

4. wigan_rlfc

wigan_rlfc Guest

The majority of people go to State schools. Usually Rugby League players would rather concentrate on playing rugby than their own Education.

5. Mate its Rugby League not rugby. And one thing that i do not agree with i nLeague's culture is that "dumbness is cool" thing. It really annoys me how they think they can play League for 10 years earn 200k a season and then it will continue to keep them afloat after they hang up their boots. Even though you may be the biggest freak ever at 17 you should always finish school and get some sort of life after footy. That culture is changing though and its for the better.

6. Ripper

Ripper Guest

See Wigan, even Australian League Fans now that Rugby means Union and Rugby League means Rugby League.

The Advantage Unions had over League (At least in NZ) we have always had a profesional mindframe for our teams, even pre 1995. The 1987 All Blacks were possibly the most professional team in either codes history, despite only being Amatuer (offically they were amatuer, unofficaly they were Professional - Italys had a fully professional league for neigh on 25 years now)

7. How do you define professional? They were not techinically Professional because they were not getting paid a salary for playing. But what I think your saying is that that team was professional in their training techniques, recovery and fitness programs etc.. Whereas in other eras players would have a Steak and Chips with a schooner then light a bunger 5 minutes before running out.

8. wigan_rlfc

wigan_rlfc Guest

They probably recieved thousands of pounds worth of traveling expenses.

9. But you would do ANYTHING to pinch Lockyer...

10. wigan_rlfc

wigan_rlfc Guest

Doesn't that give him the common touch where the avarage Joe Scully can connect with them whereas rah-rahs wouldn't.

11. Ripper

Ripper Guest

Believe it or not, not everyone out there is as thick as a plank of wood

12. Wally

Wally Guest

Personally, if I was CEO, I would put a great deal of effort into recruiting him. He would be a great asset to rugby and a big loss for league. I don't think they put much into signing him though.

13. Wally

Wally Guest

Joe Scully is most defiantely not average.

14. Ripper

Ripper Guest

Id rather get K.Hunt

Maybe the NZRFU should go after him, bout time we converted some people ourselves

15. NZL Fan

NZL Fan Guest

Your post has actually proved all along who the idiot of this thread is.........and because you might be a little slow.........it is YOU!!

For one the Super 12 has always competed directly against NRL, always has always will.......... Obviously you were not able to fully grasp what my thread is about, so let me explain it very slowly and easily as possible to you.......

Again you have decided that because state of origin is "state against state" then because super 12 involves Aussie state sides as well then those two comps should be looked upon as equivalents in each code. WRONG! This needs to be put out of your thick head. READ: Rugby Union has more levels of competition then rugby league, therefore in the lower levels you can not compare a New Zealand NPC team with a NRL club side. League players don't change codes to play NPC or for Aussie club sides, they change to play Super 12, and from there International rugby.

Along with International league tests, state of origin is the highest level of competition in the code (rated even higher then International league by most). To compare fairly you then compare it to the highest level of competition in rugby union - ie. International test footy (still with me???)

The next level of competition therefore in each code is Super 12/English clubs and NRL/Superleague. Forget the fact the super 12 sides are called "franchises" and the league teams "clubs", its the level of competition that is the same (now nod your head up and down if you understand). To further prove this point the Warriors, storm, Raiders and Brisbane broncos are practically "state/city" sides under the guise of "club" teams. Nowdays the NRL at best is a mixture of state, city and traditional club teams. The warriors and Auckland blues are direct competitors for fans..........
    However the lamest part of your post is the end where you basically say 90 odd years hasn't been enough time for league to grow in popularity..........give me a break.......and how it is "making huge progress in other parts of the world" - where exactly again????

In future pull your head out of your neather regions, and provide some informed debate please..........

16. Rugby League behaviour sounds like American football players. They're getting paid so much they can't think of anything else except talking like pimpin rappers. I'm not sure Rugby League players talk like rappers, but basically the only reason these guys go to university is to practice playing football. I'm sure there are idiots in every sport. Although more in some sports than others.

17. Wally

Wally Guest

Your right, I'd rate Karmichael ahead of Locky. He'll be in rugby at some stage though, whether it be before 2007 or 2011 is the question. He could probably play in three World Cups if he came over in the next couple of years.

18. Where did that come from? [​IMG]

19. ..::ERIC::..

..::ERIC::.. Guest

Why? We can actually produce our own talent.

20. It came from the heart, Saints. From the sinful, beating heart.

And don't deny it. I've been up North and I've seen your League players on the streets wearing flatcaps and bling bling, saying things like: Gimme owt money, lass, fer't shizzle.

A sad state of affairs.

21. wigan_rlfc

wigan_rlfc Guest

[​IMG]

Flat caps in the north are like this

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!