• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Interesting figures

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 14 2004, 09:14 PM
But its more popular then League, and you heard Glip, its taking off, ecspecially in the schools, and one thing League hasnt learnt is that schools are the key...

(In a Book published in 2001 it said that No Schools in Wellington, NZ's capital have Rugby League teams)
Union is fading in British schools, especially in the North.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 14 2004, 09:22 PM
Thats nice.

League is dying worldwide.

Check and mate
League is actually growing world wide. More and more countries wanting to set up competitions.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 14 2004, 09:25 PM
Sure..

Any plans too interdouce Rugby League too New Zealand?
Ripper, your like a f***ing broken record.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 15 2004, 08:25 AM
Any plans too interdouce Rugby League too New Zealand?
<

Witty.

So are you...

''Unions Boring this, League Players are more skillful that, why isnt League more popular then Soccer/Union, whinge, whinge, blah, blah, blah''

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 14 2004, 09:29 PM
So are you...

''Unions Boring this, League Players are more skillful that, why isnt League more popular then Soccer/Union, whinge, whinge, blah, blah, blah''
I base my statements on both my own beliefs and my quest of winding you up.

You base your statements on the New Zealand Warriors having a bad season.

Not really, nobody cared about the kiwis when the Warriors were winning.

Nobody cared about the Bartercard when the Warriors were winning

People only turned up/watched the Warriors because they were winning (me included)

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 14 2004, 09:35 PM
Nobody cared about the Bartercard when the Warriors were winning
I don't care much for Hull Kingston Rovers, no matter if Wigan are winning or not.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 14 2004, 09:40 PM
Bartercard as in NZ's ''Premier RL Competiton''
But why should Warriors fans support another club though?

Glip, RCSL is semi professional and they're currently working on getting to become professional.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Jul 15 2004, 08:42 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Jul 15 2004, 08:42 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Jul 14 2004, 09:40 PM
But why should Warriors fans support another club though? [/b]
Because the Warriors are in an Aussie Comp

If Rugby League is as popular as you say it is, surely they would support their local team in the NZ Comp

Originally posted by Ripper+Jul 14 2004, 09:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Jul 14 2004, 09:44 PM)</div>
Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Jul 15 2004, 08:42 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Jul 14 2004, 09:40 PM

But why should Warriors fans support another club though?
Because the Warriors are in an Aussie Comp

If Rugby League is as popular as you say it is, surely they would support their local team in the NZ Comp [/b]
Not many people support two teams.

If an English Team entered the NRL would you only support Wigan and or the English team and Wigan

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 14 2004, 09:51 PM
If an English Team entered the NRL would you only support Wigan and or the English team and Wigan
I'd only support Wigan in most cases.

Unless the English team was winning.

And shouldnt the people of NZ, with Rugby League so strong here, be supporting their local comp team in the NZ Comp [/sarcasim]

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 14 2004, 09:55 PM
Unless the English team was winning.

And shouldnt the people of NZ, with Rugby League so strong here, be supporting their local comp team in the NZ Comp [/sarcasim]
If the case is that nobody cared about RL in New Zealand before the formation of the Warriors then why have NZ always been a force in RL and produced some of the great world famous players?

If noone cares about Union in England why have been a force in Union and produced some world famous players?

Most of Leagues stars have started off in Union (Daryll Halligan, Matty Ridge..)

Latest posts