• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

International Retirement

R

robbinho

I would like to offically announce my retirement from International Football with immediate effect.

I'm shocked, you're hardly at retirement age.
<

I must admit that I did not see this coming at all. The lads are gonna be a bit dazed, even confused, but it's your decision and we stand by it.

Shall we organize some kind of Testimonial, or do you want to go out quiet like?

The body just isn't hold up like it used to.

I just feel it's time to concentrate on my club career and spend more time with my family.

I will of course remain available for the British Lions.

Originally posted by robbinho
I will of course remain available for the British Lions.

...and a collective sigh was heard across the rugby world.

I breathe for everyone when I expel: "Phew."

Robinho, you, my friend, are like a classy neh.

And shouldn't this be in General (under International rugby)

I think you're failing to recgnise that Robbinho is a multi talented sportsmen one of the few to play both international rugby and football, a true legend.

I also played Inter-Provincial free-style Kabadi in Mexico for the Yucutan Jaguars.

That was more of a hobby really.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Mar 16 2005, 12:42 AM
Robbinho, have you been at the floor cleaner again?
She's a lovely woman, and I could do a lot worse.

Arise Sir Robbinho -- that floor cleaner jibe was choice.

Originally posted by robbinho@Mar 15 2005, 10:45 PM
I also played Inter-Provincial free-style Kabadi in Mexico for the Yucutan Jaguars. 

That was more of a hobby really.

A hobby? I had heard rumours, but I thought they were all swept aside when the Mexican IPFSK named you Player of the Year?

You were only doing that as a hobby and you still won that award?

Hot Christ, that's impressive.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Mar 16 2005, 06:27 AM
Mexican IPFSK

Think you confusing them with the Kabadi Free-Style Inter-Provincial Association of Mexico.

We split a couple of years back. MIPFSK got greedy, man, they want the big endorsements, the TV deals, the mujeres. We didn't want that, that's not what it's about, so KaFSIPAM was formed to preserve the purity and soul of the game.

Oh yeah, it was rumoured that MIPFSK wanted to stick Player of the Year on me, but they didn't own me, man, they couldn't tame my duende. So when I joined the renegade KaFSIPAM tour of Bangladesh in '99, I truly burnt my bridges.

We took the game back to the masses, man, back to it's roots. Away from the big stadiums, the money, the drugs, and the whores. Our only reward was the smile on the faces of the kids watching on, and the feeling in our hearts as they chanted our names.

I carry scars, man, but I never looked back. I never looked back.

Originally posted by robbinho@Mar 17 2005, 04:18 AM
Too far?
Not at all.

I'd go to Bangladesh to make a kid smile too.

Anyway . . . sorry about the Mipfisk / Kafsipam mix up. Of course I meant the Kafsi's -- they're quality.

I take my hat off to the both of you, it's hard to do, but i am royally confused.

try wearing two )or more) hats simultaneously. it makes it easier to doff them to ther espective recipients. three is a struggle, you have to get your sequencing right. It's a challenge, but achievable if you're willing to put in the work. I only ever doffed hats to a County level. Greatest disappointment of my sporting career, that.

Latest posts