• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

International teams tiers

Hahaha!!

I just looked up UK literacy rates, and according to the "Literacy Trust", between 1998 and 2008, literacy in the UK improved at the fastest rate it ever has (based on various measures). Not sure if it is true, but doesn't that overlap with almost all of Tony (let's start a war) Blair?

Thats because Tony lowered the testing base.
Much in the same way David Cameron and Osborne are claiming the lowest unemployment figures ever when they have created zero hour jobs.

Much in the same way David Cameron and Osborne are claiming the lowest unemployment figures ever when they have created zero hour jobs.

That sounds to me like improving the statistics on shipping disasters by drawing a line above the ***anic!!!

I almost felt sorry for Scotland till
I remembered the botched call the ref made which cost Canada the win against Scotland. It happens and is part of the game.

Reassuring that their collective manipulation hasn't gone unnoticed.

I always think it is crazy how much public perception changes on the back of one or two close results.
England were only a score or so from winning the six nations. They were the better team against Wales for a significant period but then threw it away on the back of a couple of poor decisions.

It's true. Don't worry about Tigs, he's got an entirely Leicester based agenda...

Ireland had an awful start against Argentina without possibly their 3 best players. They pulled it back to stage where I thought they might well win the game ...

I never felt Ireland were going to win that game. The Pumas were wound up tight and with consistent experience in the hardest competition on the planet against the big three, they were always going to come home strong. The quarter final 'was' their 'final'. Ireland looked a little down hearted and played below their best but the Argies showed what can happen quickly if you play in a tough international tournament on a regular basis.

Suddenly Argentina are on another level to all the six nations teams.

It wasn't sudden and they earned their position in the semi finals. At home at full strength I'd rate the Pumas higher than anything in the northern hemisphere at this time. On the road its always different.

I find it a little amusing just how much we all jump on the bandwagon. In reality I think Wales, England, Ireland, Argentina are very close and can all beat each other on their day.

I think thats a fair call. The big difference is that Argentina are producing regular results at RWC's. The others are not. That would promote the notion that they are more battle hardened for the pressure cooker atmosphere of an RWC than the other three.

Latest posts