• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

IRB Player of the Year 2011

Who do you think should be the IRB International Player of the Year for 2011?

• Thierry Dusatoir

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Will Genia

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Jerome Kaino

Votes: 28 37.8%
  • Ma'a Nonu

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • David Pocock

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Piri Weepu

Votes: 5 6.8%

• Total voters
Dusautoir had a fantastic game today, completely outshone Kaino - however Kaino, as said above, is more consistent with his form

Still think it's between Kaino and Pocock - however I expect an All Black to win it now, will probably be Nonu as no ones been talking about him :p

Here's a minor heads up - Dusautoir has player of the year. A few minutes in advance :p

Which I think is total crap - he was definitely the best player in the final, but the award is not called player of the World Cup Final.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which I think is total crap - he was definitely the best player in the final, but the award is not called player of the World Cup Final.

agree with this. WTH! kaino has been awesome throughout the whole year, oh well i haven't watched any of Dusatoir's game apart from the RWC games but he must of had an amazing year as well. Congrats to him anyways.

I still think some don't fully appreciate Kaino.Idk might be just me or maybe because he is just one of my favourite players.

WHAT!?!?!?!?! HOW DID BRIAN O'DRISCOLL NOT WIN THE AWARD!?!?!?

OBVIOUSLY THE WHOLE SYSTEM IS CURRUPT AND THE AWARD IS MEANINGLESS!

jokes...

Certainly had a very good final of the RWC and he has been pretty consistently good through out the knock out stages. Probably not my first choice of player but I can see why he was picked. Thought Kaino and Pocock were equally deserving, but congratulations to Dusautoir. Seems to play out of his skin against the All Blacks.

Well as long as a New Zealander wins who cares though eh?

eh ..... jokes.

Hey, I'll be just as happy when an Irish player wins it...

Of course I may be dead by then...

Last edited:
Congrats. Him along with Kaino were the two players for me this year. Others might have had more influence at times but suffered from missing a couple of games through injury (Pocock, McCaw etc) or just having a few matches where they weren't up to their usual standards (McCaw, Genia).

Hey, I'll be just as happy when an Irish player wins it...

Of course I may be dead by then...
No you wont, you'll be miserable.

Wouldnt worry about it though, wont happen as long as we continue to make the selection based on the success of the team, the performances of players in 3 matches a year, and of course the popularity of the player in New Zealand.

Well done Thierry, what a player. Not the most spectacular of all, but probably the best all around. Kaino would have equally deserved it, it must have been very close between the two. The final probably decided it, and Dusautoir was better on that particular match.

Vive la France!

Last edited:
For me the best in these nominees were Kaino and Dusautoir, and that final helped Dusautoir a lot to win this thing !
He's been a great player and impressive tackler for years now.
Kaino's performances are always outstanding but apart from this final I think what could have made Dusautoir win this is the "captain" dimension
Kaino is a flawless player but lacks the "leadership" Dusautoir expresses on great occasions such as the final that can transform his team

Latest posts