• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

IRB Player of the Year 2011

Who do you think should be the IRB International Player of the Year for 2011?

• Thierry Dusatoir

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Will Genia

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Jerome Kaino

Votes: 28 37.8%
  • Ma'a Nonu

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • David Pocock

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Piri Weepu

Votes: 5 6.8%

• Total voters
Joke of a list.
No this is a joke of a list:
- Gavin Henson
- Gavin Henson
- Gavin Henson
- Gavin Henson
- Gavin Henson
- Gavin Henson
- Gavin Henson
- Gavin Henson
:p

For me, Nonu 1st and Kaino 2nd. Nonu has been awesome this year and I rate him as the best 12 in the world too.

Kaino, best number 6 there is. Can almost talk about him in the same mould as the great Jerry Collins. Either him or Genia. I hate the Reds and Aussie but that Genia is a damn fine player and has literally been the deciding factor in a few Reds and Wallabies games.

Nonu has also been great, thanks to Conrad Smith. Be interesting to see how Nonu goes at the blues without him

Last edited:
Haha, especially when Brian O'Driscoll lost it in 2009. Fourie du Preez was better that year anyway.
Yeah haha, though it goes to show that form or performances have nothing to do with it really. Even Kiwis agreed that McCaw didnt deserve it that year. Discredited the whole award.

Just give it to a Kaino or Dusatoir depending on who wins the final, and we can all instantly forget about it again.

Tackle count does not mean quality. It usually happens when people target the 7/10 channel. Educate yourself.

Positions on field, relative to who is around you, who you're tackling, space you are defending and technique. Yeah, he's a crap defender based on those things.

What on earth are you talking about? That's a total farce. You have a tendency to babble maniacally just to try to make a point against any home nations players. You accuse us of being bias while you seem to be the only French supporter on Earth unaware of the fact that you are entirely undeserving of a place in the final. You're just talking crap for the sake of it now.

Has to be Pocock for me, dont get me wrong Kaino is an amazing player and the best 6 in the world but Pocock is ridiculous. He seems to have legs of steel, I absolutely love his determination to ruck.

Genia helped his cause last night. Still think it's between Kaino and Pocock though. Not too fussed however as rugby is a team game and not about individuals.

Can say I'm biased but I think if he stays fit next year could be Ferris' year no one can question his defense.

Thanks I mean Ferris is obviously so bad. I love how you can't ever accuse a New Zealander of bias.

Thanks I mean Ferris is obviously so bad. I love how you can't ever accuse a New Zealander of bias.

I do. And I'm sure I'm guilty of plenty of bias. I didn't say he was so bad, I just can't see him being player of the year. If Ireland get a genuine openside flanker he'll be luckly to maintain his spot of SOB.

I don't know SO'B is brilliant but their is something about Ferris I know you obviously won't agree but I think Frris is at least on a par with Kaino. He would have been nominated in 09 if he hadn't got injured.

Wait, What??

did we watch the same game??

Genia was almost as awful as Cooper!

Well, in that game before Cooper got injured I wouldn't be too unhappy to have played that 'badly'. :p

Ach, if I have to pick a player from that list, it would be Kaino.

But I throw my hat in with those saying SO'B and Warburton were unlucky not to be there, certainly when the presence of Weepu is factored in.

I do think Ferris is quality...But O'Brien consistently makes a ridiculous amount of yardage , makes a huge tackle count and is not quite as injury prone making him a more preferable man to have as a shoe in ..also we could look at moving him to 8 ..

Yeah. Weepu totally deserves to be nominated. So laughable.

Yeah, Dusatoi did himself no harm by the way he played. I still think Kaino was more consistent though but either would be fair winners.

Latest posts